You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Announcements > Website Migration Update

Thread Title Search
Website Migration Update Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2020, 09:30 PM #71
gaiusmarius
me

gaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooting View Post
This site has more bugs than the Amazon
lol, maybe be a tinny weeny bit more specific?

"it is clear that the individual who persecutes a man, his brother, because he is not of his opinion.....is a monster" Voltaire

not every post you disagree with, has to be responded to!
gaiusmarius is offline Quote

Old 07-14-2020, 02:32 PM #72
mr.brunch

mr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivor
Trim a bit off the side and bottom of your iPhone pictures before uploading, they come out portrait then

https://www.jackherer.com/thebook/

Originally posted by jimmy cliff:

Well they tell me ‘bout the pie up in the sky,
Waiting for me when I die
But between the day you’re born and when you die,
They never seem to hear even your cry.
So as soon as the sun
Will shine,
I'm gonna get my share of
What's mine.
And then the harder they come ,
The harder they fall,
One and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post

Put out the joint, step away from the computer and go for a walk.
Current: Csg testers under mars tsw2000:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=371169
mr.brunch is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-14-2020, 03:21 PM #73
gaiusmarius
me

gaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooting View Post
If I log in on a laptop and click 'my posts' I get 503, 'no posts found', or I get to see my posts. Or I get logged out and have to log in again.

It's not possible to take a photo on an iPhone and upload it if it's portrait, it makes everything landscape. I could go on. It's like being in a time machine these forums these days
damn life is hard eh?
most of us like it here,
but thanks for the specifics.
maybe your feedback will help ATUK.

not everyone wants to be data mined by the newest spy tech when on social media. going back to those days of the internet is a time machine i would use. i'm happy the site is running fast and smooth and the bugs resulting from the server upgrade are getting sorted out day by day.

edited to add: im on a lap top and my posts brings up a list of my posts.

"it is clear that the individual who persecutes a man, his brother, because he is not of his opinion.....is a monster" Voltaire

not every post you disagree with, has to be responded to!
gaiusmarius is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-14-2020, 03:39 PM #74
flylowgethigh
grassyhopper

flylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivor
If you log-in and subsequently hit the back button, you can go back to when you were not logged in. That may be your issue. Click "remember me" and it may help, or log in right away and don't lurk. IMO,site works fine on my win10 laptop.

https://youtu.be/NUmIO_MG5IU?t=87
flylowgethigh is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-14-2020, 05:57 PM #75
flylowgethigh
grassyhopper

flylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivor
This site is working great for me since they upgraded the server, and it is fast, considering the signal has to cross the Atlantic twice before it gets from Canada to my 'puter. You have to watch for cops anywhere on the web.

They suffer trolls poorly here.

https://youtu.be/NUmIO_MG5IU?t=87
flylowgethigh is offline Quote

Old 07-14-2020, 06:05 PM #76
saitama

saitama is a glorious beacon of lightsaitama is a glorious beacon of lightsaitama is a glorious beacon of lightsaitama is a glorious beacon of lightsaitama is a glorious beacon of lightsaitama is a glorious beacon of lightsaitama is a glorious beacon of lightsaitama is a glorious beacon of lightsaitama is a glorious beacon of lightsaitama is a glorious beacon of lightsaitama is a glorious beacon of light
Site has also been great for me, although there are some threads with missing pictures. Could be the external host, too.

I'm not sure if that's already been discussed. I will go back a few pages to see if it's already a known issue.
saitama is offline Quote

Old 07-14-2020, 09:16 PM #77
TychoMonolyth

TychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivor
Older posts are missing pictures because the user probably deleted them.

Boreal Lights Semi Auto

---

"There could be shadow galaxies, shadow stars and even shadow people."
-- Steven Hawking

Isaac Asimov
"Gods serve us because we know so little about the world."
-
TychoMonolyth is online now Quote

Old 07-19-2020, 05:42 PM #78
Shmavis
Being-in-the-world

Shmavis has a brilliant futureShmavis has a brilliant futureShmavis has a brilliant futureShmavis has a brilliant futureShmavis has a brilliant futureShmavis has a brilliant futureShmavis has a brilliant futureShmavis has a brilliant futureShmavis has a brilliant futureShmavis has a brilliant futureShmavis has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmavis View Post
Hi ATUK,

Thanks for this. I have noticed that quoting another post with pics in it no longer counts those pics toward the limit of the post that’s doing the quoting - big step right there. That was one of the reasons I was asking about being able to include more pics per post... not so much to exceed five in my own post but rather when quoting others and then adding my own there wouldn’t be a restriction.

Another question: is there any way I can go back to the old method of inserting pics with code, as opposed to the actual pic appearing before posting as it now does? Not a real big deal but it makes including text more difficult when the pic appears whole instead of as code.

Thanks for your time and all the improvements!
Just realized my issue is browser specific. My time spent on IC is (mostly) with an old iMac (2007) and I have always used Safari in private mode. Any other surfing I always do with Firefox. After the upgrade Safari no longer will connect to the new server because it says it cannot establish a secure connection. So tried Firefox and it connects. It’s in Firefox that the picture displays whole instead of as code. I found this out by uploading pics but then using a newer iMac (’18) with Safari in private mode to post with. When including the pics they were once again in code format. Maybe I can tweak the settings of Firefox so that it uses code instead...
§467. I am sitting with a philosopher in the garden; he says again and again “I know that that’s a tree”, pointing to a tree that is near us. Someone else arrives and hears this, and I tell him: “This fellow isn’t insane. We are only doing philosophy.”

― Ludwig Wittgenstein, On Certainty
Shmavis is offline Quote