What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fist full of Carrots..driPs on coir

Cmoon

I tried Blumats and thought they sucked. Apparently I sucked. Very nice work.

I wonder what you could do with proper irrigation?!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Floor is full pond liner with drain to waste automation 1000 Litre rez back up for vacations, crisis or other shit going down..feeds 3 litres per pot every 2 days (min requirement)[/FONT]

Independently both systems acheive simular, on the plus side of things dialed in correctly Blumats dont water wet pots:tiphat:

Cmoon

picture.php

CK shes blistered a bit at 36, iv had the digital on at 25C budhead so not an heat issue and the 315 is 24 inches away, leaning off the ec a few days...may go with molasses handwatered ...pk on the tanks easier but i dont want flairs

Last edited:

Cmoon

Hey sry Chevy & BeAn ...(sure i responded lol):tiphat:

welcome onboard...room pretty stable at 25 lights on 22 lights off, just over 5 weeks bloom.

Cmoon

A little concerned about the spearing on this cookies, but the moon wants to go:dance013:

pics next visit:tiphat:

touringfunkband

Looking nice Cmoon, can you tell us issues you had setting up the blunts at first.

Are you using drip clean or something similar to prevent buildup on your lines??

Do you have the need to hand water at any point to stabilize the blunts?

Appreciate your time!
-tF

Cmoon

Looking nice Cmoon, can you tell us issues you had setting up the blunts at first.

Are you using drip clean or something similar to prevent buildup on your lines??

Do you have the need to hand water at any point to stabilize the blunts?

Appreciate your time!
-tF

Iv never had problems with the main feed tubing, the smaller drip lines have occasionally slimmed when trialing differant nute brands but running silver bullit clears them.

Early years with the blumats I was forever adjusting the emitters every few days chasing requirments and also removing all the cones to recharge with water halfway through the grow....I now handwater 3 litres per pot once a week and last run all cones were full start to finish, so yes I do feel although a bit
laborious it suits me to implement additives like molasses that will sludge the lines.

cm:tiphat:

superx

Veteran
Good luck with your journal, I came close to biting the bullet with blumats in the past, being the stubborn git that I am I continue to hand feed. It can be quite cumbersome as I also run 20 x 12 litre pots but I enjoy being around them every day. Will tag along if it's all good with you, stay safe and well.

Cmoon

Good luck with your journal, I came close to biting the bullet with blumats in the past, being the stubborn git that I am I continue to hand feed. It can be quite cumbersome as I also run 20 x 12 litre pots but I enjoy being around them every day. Will tag along if it's all good with you, stay safe and well.

I handwater at home, I normally get to this one twice a week but have been locked out 14 days, I did time a pump to run RO water to the blumat rez which hopefully kicked in 4 days back.

get some pics if i make it in sunday, its a must do really:)

bests cm

Blumats are irreplaceable once set and dialed in properly. Cmoon you run with three Blumats in a 3 gal pot? I found that a 3 gallon Smartpot is as large as I’ll go with a single carrot, one gallon Smartpots with one carrot is the shit for anything under 10-11 weeks.

You can try running a double res which will give you the ability to be away days at a time. I’ve had this setup and would be away 10-14 days with no issues. Jacks and RO have the least PH fluctuation of any nutes on the market.

Cmoon

sorry I couldnt complete the short thread with pics, a kilo down at 3 for 4000 watts , lots of popcorn for oil hash extracts so cant be to disapointed

Peacefrog

Veteran
Long time Blumat user here coming back from a layoff and it's great to see other growers getting on board. I saw the title of the thread and knew what it was about and had to check it out. Have you picked up the flexible 8 mm tubing from Sustainable Village? That was a genuine revelation for me and available via Prime lol.

Blumats get even better when you embrace water only organic soil. I'm saying that from the perspective of a personal cropper supplying my own admittedly substantial needs. I'm willing to put in the time to get my soil ready before the grow and then I just have to top off the reservoir with RO water throughout the grow. That kind of effort may not scale well for commercial growers but it works for me. With that said, Blumats are the shit once your learn how to use them regardless of how you grow.

Edit: And to the guy that enjoys spending time with his plants while he waters them, you can still do that with Blumats with all the time you save by filling up a reservoir instead of watering individual plants. And you can watch the plants water themselves instead of doing the work yourself. It really is a beautiful site to behold.

Last edited:

Cmoon

Long time Blumat user here coming back from a layoff and it's great to see other growers getting on board. I saw the title of the thread and knew what it was about and had to check it out. Have you picked up the flexible 8 mm tubing from Sustainable Village? That was a genuine revelation for me and available via Prime lol.

Blumats get even better when you embrace water only organic soil. I'm saying that from the perspective of a personal cropper supplying my own admittedly substantial needs. I'm willing to put in the time to get my soil ready before the grow and then I just have to top off the reservoir with RO water throughout the grow. That kind of effort may not scale well for commercial growers but it works for me. With that said, Blumats are the shit once your learn how to use them regardless of how you grow.

Edit: And to the guy that enjoys spending time with his plants while he waters them, you can still do that with Blumats with all the time you save by filling up a reservoir instead of watering individual plants. And you can watch the plants water themselves instead of doing the work yourself. It really is a beautiful site to behold.

Yes all true, iv used them in many differant mixes over the years, coco is my favoured on yeild :headbange
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=98274&page=8