What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grow Lab: Various Methods

justiceman

Veteran
Flowers look good and so does the noodle looking roots well done justiceman

Thick as fudge that stardawg auto.

Nice stuff here!

Thanks everyone! I am very glad there are some who are enjoying this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What’s up everyone! Time for a random periodic update

I ended up harvesting the FastBuds Stardawg Autoflowr at 77 days(11 weeks) on the dot. Currently in the dry/cure process and I cannot wait to sample this one. It has a very pungent fuel and pine aroma. I am very happy with the results of this test run in a peat moss mix with Dr Earth Tomato, Vegetable & Herb. To me it was a great success. Once again it was very low maintenance with just plain chlorinated tap water(0.5EC or 250ppm) all the way through. I'll be sure to throw up some pictures one it is cured up.
picture.php
picture.php

This Krakty experiment was very fun. It was interesting to note at what point deficiencies would start to show up because of such a small reservoir size. The starting EC was always 1.3(650ppm) and as the plant would drink it also would eventually reduce EC to 0.8(400ppm) and it was at that point when deficiency would appear. pH stayed very stable which was interesting. I would then add back full strength nutrient to the point it would replace the lost water volume. Then it would start growing normally again. What I thought was most interesting about this is I did not run into root rot. I did however start to develop algae which was going to happen at some point since I did not cover the container at all as the plan was not for this to be a long term experiment.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

justiceman

Veteran
Here is not 1 but now 2 Barney's Farm Tangerine Dream clones that I placed into coco coir with Dr Earth Tomato, Vegetable & Herb fertilizer at 4Tbsp per gallon of medium. The one on the right is in coco perlite, and the closer one on the left is in pure coco. They are just being fed plain chlorinated tap water at 0.5EC(250ppm). The growth overall is pretty good which is impressive without any additional compost. There have been a few random nutrient burns here or there. I believe this is due to the low CEC of coco coir. My theory is instead of a portion of the broken down available nutrients being held up for example in high CEC peat moss they are able to flow freely and potentially concentrate towards the bottom more readily with the low CEC of coco coir. Overall looking pretty good. I would like to do a test trial from start to finish comparing coco coir, and peat moss in a side by side with the same strain using Dr Earth as the nutrition source.
picture.php

Here is the Dinafem White Cheese Autoflower in coco/perlite being fed Masterblend at 1.3EC(650ppm) pH 5.9
This is on Day 52 from sprout. Looking pretty good so far with some nice resin production.
picture.php

Here is the 4x4 tent with 4 different strains.

The front row is Super Lemon Haze x3.

The middle row is Tangerine Dream, Super Lemon Haze, Tangerin Dream. These are all in coco, or coco perlite being watered with Master Blend(1.3EC(650ppm pH 5.9) daily to a touch of run off in their saucers which I let them soak back up. So basically no run off. I will likely be reducing Calcium Nitrate soon.

The back row is Giga Bud, C99 x2. These 3 are all in the peat moss base mix with blood, bone, and kelp meal being watered with chlorinated tap water(0.5EC or 250ppm) when needed.
picture.php
picture.php

As you can see the Giga Bud is ridiculous haha
picture.php

imakandi

good grower grow in any place, medium, nutrient, etc; know plant life, plant biology, can sail through plant cycle
you are proof
10/10 grower

wonderfull

:dance013:

noknees

I ended up harvesting the FastBuds Stardawg Autoflowr at 77 days(11 weeks) on the dot. Currently in the dry/cure process and I cannot wait to sample this one. It has a very pungent fuel and pine aroma. I am very happy with the results of this test run in a peat moss mix with Dr Earth Tomato, Vegetable & Herb. To me it was a great success. Once again it was very low maintenance with just plain chlorinated tap water(0.5EC or 250ppm) all the way through. I'll be sure to throw up some pictures one it is cured up.

grows like your stardawg are so great. k.i.s.s:tiphat:

Hookahhead

Indeed very nice grow. I caught the beginning when you were setting it up, but just now seeing the results. What do you have going on now?