What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

60 DE Nanolux 600 Coco DTW setup/grow

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Yes it was griffinstech with some tweeks. I used alittle less clonex and clear Rez instead of uc roots. Also no soaking cuts or making strategic cuts at nodes. Really just the hormex was the only thing I added to my usual tech, which made a big difference.
The controller was $80 or so. Plus the transformer was $25 to convert 120 volts to 24v for the quest( if you need that too).

That only runs the dehumidifier but not the humidifier doesn't it? I got one that runs both but doesn't have the day/night....

eric2028

Veteran
So what is in that cloner... Bright roots mean healthy starts...
Ro water, 10 mls of clonex, 3-4 mls of hormex, 6 mls of clear Rez all per gallon. Change out at day 7 to 12-15 mls clonex and 6 mls of clear Rez per gallon no hormex. Your ph should be around 6 and your temps should be low 70’s( you already know).

That only runs the dehumidifier but not the humidifier doesn't it? I got one that runs both but doesn't have the day/night....
It will run one or the other. I have a similar one in veg as you. It lacks the photo eye, but was cheaper.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
420giveaway
Hello yea that weird that their not showing for you. I wonder if everyone else can see them?

I have been seeing them fine, nice work :tiphat:

Lol its early and Inthought I was responding to the last comment not one on the first page. Sorry ��

Last edited:

eric2028

Veteran
Nice roots. So you like the TurboKloner? Is it better than an EZ cloner?
I’m a fan of the turbokloner. I own a 24 site too. The 24 only holds 2 gallons of water. The 48 holds 4. I do like the intake fan on the front of the cloner. It’s suppose to keep things alittle cooler. Better? I dunno. Really tho any aerocloner works as long as you keep your parameters right.

Lyfespan

Day 14 in bloom.
Loving this new recipe I tried for the turbokloner. Biggest roots the fastest I’ve seen. Glad I didn’t leave them in past day 14.
Got the day/night humidity controller hooked up. It seems to be solid, ask me in Afew weeks.
View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image

:peacock: and thats why i use 2 128 site ez cloners, modified to have external rez, i always love seeing the roots pop so early :tiphat: i dont even bother to cut the fan leaves :dance013:

Lyfespan

I’m a fan of the turbokloner. I own a 24 site too. The 24 only holds 2 gallons of water. The 48 holds 4. I do like the intake fan on the front of the cloner. It’s suppose to keep things alittle cooler. Better? I dunno. Really tho any aerocloner works as long as you keep your parameters right.

the issue with all these cloners is the pumps heating up the water, get a titan on/off controller and set it to 1 minute on and 3 minutes off, this will drop temps 6-10 degrees

running a 20 gallon rez here, i probably change it once every 5-6 month. i just top it off every few days with full strength nutes im watering the bigger gals.

im over fucking with cloners i have done every trick from chillers and constantly changing water, all of it works in these aero cloners, even plain water, or temps up to 90 on the water.

eric2028

Veteran
the issue with all these cloners is the pumps heating up the water, get a titan on/off controller and set it to 1 minute on and 3 minutes off, this will drop temps 6-10 degrees

running a 20 gallon rez here, i probably change it once every 5-6 month. i just top it off every few days with full strength nutes im watering the bigger gals.

im over fucking with cloners i have done every trick from chillers and constantly changing water, all of it works in these aero cloners, even plain water, or temps up to 90 on the water.

I had that issue of overheating with the ez cloner. With the turbokloner you don’t have that or at least I don’t. I run my pumps constant in 75 degree rooms and the water hasn’t gotten above that (at least when I’ve checked). Maybe the intake fan makes the difference. Or the pump being smaller in the turbokloner.

MOJO Bx

Just wanted to drop in and give some props on a stellar setup! It gives me a few ideas on the setup I will be building this winter.

Lyfespan

I had that issue of overheating with the ez cloner. With the turbokloner you don’t have that or at least I don’t. I run my pumps constant in 75 degree rooms and the water hasn’t gotten above that (at least when I’ve checked). Maybe the intake fan makes the difference. Or the pump being smaller in the turbokloner.

TKs design is to eliminate the heat and humidity excess from the tub, and it worx, same as cycling on and off.

my issues is summer comes and my room temps sit at 88, thus any rezs are also 88, so i stopped fighting it and run 88 degree water, but account for the possibility of dead water with h2o2

eric2028

Veteran
Update: so today is 3 weeks in bloom. Starting doing alittle pruning and defoliation but have a long way to go. Also fooling around with replacing 10 wall fans with 2 of these 12” haf style fans. We ll see what happens. Irrigation system is nearly complete, pics to follow of that next week.
picture.php

picture.php

eric2028

Veteran
Been very busy. Trying to get second bloom room completed. Had to add another quest 225 to first bloom to get night time humidity under 65%. If anyone has some insight on lowering nighttime humidity without dueys I’m all ears. I don’t wanna buy 2 more units. Did a pretty decent pruning and defoliation also. Still working on irrigation system too. Also Havnt quite found the sweet spot for the new fans yet. There’s definitely Afew dead spots but the plants are getting beat up either. Veg is overgrown and ready to flip. Hopefully I ll get some stuff finished up this week. 4 weeks in today.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Looking great man plants are stacking nicely.

Had to add another quest 225 to first bloom to get night time humidity under 65%. If anyone has some insight on lowering nighttime humidity without dueys I’m all ears. I don’t wanna buy 2 more units.

When the light shut off abruptly the plants are still transpiring and the room cools which causes the RH % to spike since the air can hold less water also. Have you tried running your exhaust for like 30 minutes to an hour after light off? (learned this from DunHav`nFun).

eric2028

Veteran
Looking great man plants are stacking nicely.

When the light shut off abruptly the plants are still transpiring and the room cools which causes the RH % to spike since the air can hold less water also. Have you tried running your exhaust for like 30 minutes to an hour after light off? (learned this from DunHav`nFun).

Thanks! I do use the sunset and sunrise option on the timer. So at sunset the lights drop down to 50% power over the last hour before shutting off.so it’s not as abrupt on the plants or humidity. I actually don’t have any sort of exhaust system. The room is totally sealed. Maybe one might be worth adding. I was hoping for a reheating option of some sort from my hvac guy. When the ac runs it lowers humidity quickly. It just doesn’t run much at night. I was thinking of adjusting nighttime temps. Currently I run 78-79 degrees with 65-70% humidity and night 70 degrees, with 2 225s running my humidity is 45-52%. Otherwise it’s around 65%. Thank you for the ideas, much appreciated!

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
I actually don’t have any sort of exhaust system. The room is totally sealed. Maybe one might be worth adding. I was hoping for a reheating option of some sort from my hvac guy. When the ac runs it lowers humidity quickly. It just doesn’t run much at night. I was thinking of adjusting nighttime temps. Currently I run 78-79 degrees with 65-70% humidity and night 70 degrees, with 2 225s running my humidity is 45-52%. Otherwise it’s around 65%. Thank you for the ideas, much appreciated!

No problem man, thanks for sharing your cloning solution a few pages back. Im so used to seeing them come out of the aerocloner with long thin wet spaghetti noodle roots that chase straight down to the reservoir. Yours are the nicest rootsystems Ive seen out of an aerocloner yet.

I searched back through the thread from page 1 last night trying to find mention of a sealed room before posting that, I saw the ducting and vents along the ceiling and figured it wasnt a sealed room lol. Your lights on temp temperature at 78-79 with RH 65-70% and lights off temp at 70 is the sweet spot. Plants dont need CO2 at night so an exhaust is a nice tool to have when running sealed. There are fan controllers that can be set to operate at certain RH% (humidistat) so it kicks on only as necessary between the sunset low power period and night cycle.

eric2028

Veteran
No problem man, thanks for sharing your cloning solution a few pages back. Im so used to seeing them come out of the aerocloner with long thin wet spaghetti noodle roots that chase straight down to the reservoir. Yours are the nicest rootsystems Ive seen out of an aerocloner yet.
Thank you, glad to hear you liked it. I think the addition of hormex made the difference. Let me know if you get a chance to try it out.

I searched back through the thread from page 1 last night trying to find mention of a sealed room before posting that, I saw the ducting and vents along the ceiling and figured it wasnt a sealed room lol. Your lights on temp temperature at 78-79 with RH 65-70% and lights off temp at 70 is the sweet spot. Plants dont need CO2 at night so an exhaust is a nice tool to have when running sealed. There are fan controllers that can be set to operate at certain RH% so it kicks on only as necessary between the sunset low power period and night cycle.
Thank you, glad to hear you liked it. I think the addition of hormex made the difference. Let me know if you get a chance to try it out.
Come to think of it I don’t even remember mentioning I run sealed.🤔 My bad. I’m really liking where I’m at with the addition of the 2nd Duey. Just not the cost lol. Thank you for the ideas. I ll keep you posted.