What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Following H3ad's Formula (1000W - 5 plants)

Sampson0420

Some people prefer 3/4.5 to start things with, then bump up to 6/9 until the last part of bud, then cut back on Micro.
Some people use 6/9 all the way thru.
Some people use 8/16 thru veg and bud.
Some people dump all kinds of stuff in there.
Some people treat coco like dirt and use straight water between feedings.
Some people even go for the 3 part system as directed on the bottles.

I've found that 6/9 is good and gentle, works every time and causes no issues.
But I've found it doesn't produce like it really should in the end.
So I've been going 6/9 from clone, thru veg, then blast it 8/16 till the plant can take no more(leaves will start to get spots and begin to turn yellow, then I bring it down to 6/9 or even less micro till the end. On my Chem Dawgs, though, I blast 8/16 all the way thru and they're healthy as a horse. I get around 5 or 6 ounces dried off each plant, using one 1000 watt halide, then sodium. I generally don't fuck with the plants much. Just a simple routine... But I am going to try blumats on my next cycle, so I can leave the house once in awhile. ;)

That makes perfect sense DP, we are essentially doing the same thing, yet I'm using Canna PK to boost flowering nutes. Thanks for the clarification!

Hi guys so I’m trying to understand this 6/9 ratio. If I mix 6/9 is gives me about 800+ppm (140ppm from faucet) so are you guys diluting this at all to a desired EC? Or just mixing the 6:9 and whatever the EC is is what it is? Like I have month old clones, should I be giving them 800ppm? Thanks

Oddity

Hi guys so I’m trying to understand this 6/9 ratio. If I mix 6/9 is gives me about 800+ppm (140ppm from faucet) so are you guys diluting this at all to a desired EC? Or just mixing the 6:9 and whatever the EC is is what it is? Like I have month old clones, should I be giving them 800ppm? Thanks

6/9 is simply the ratio. You want your ratios to be correct, but once you're there you can dilute down to achieve a lower ppm if needed. I can't really tell you what your plants need though, but a month old clone likely won't need that much, 800 would generally be pretty far along in veg.