What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Snype's Guide To Cloning In Rockwool Or Aeroponics With 100% Success Rates!

Xanode

OP to bad we live in the word were in, what i wouldn't give to see you take on the challenge of cloning this afghan skunk plant i have, i have taken over 150 cuts from this god forsaken thing, they don't die but they refuse to root either, no matter what i try.....

Xanode

What temp do you keep the rockwool cuts at and what is the reasoning behind wiping the dome so often?

I don't have GH micro and bloom but i do have canna flores nutes, can they be substituted?

Xanode

Hey Snipe great thread . I was also wondering the ppm of the solution?

I have been having some trouble cloning lately since 2014 . I loose 25% or more of my cuttings but I still get by.. Today I realized my poor success rate started when I switched over to coco using cocos nutes A+B . I mix a solution of A+B to 100ppm ph 5.5 . Soak 1inch cubes over night and clone them . Could I be using the wrong nutes ?

I remember back when I'd take clones soaked in RO/tap water ph unknown and have 95-100% success rate !
I gotta try snipes method . I hope someone can chime in here

Heh i used to use rusty, dirty old scissors and just cut a stem from the plant and stick it in the cube, unsterile as fuck, 100% success rate. Now im "operation room" sterile as fuck, use a razor blade - do everything as i should and i have had a 0% success rate for the past 5 months... fuck cloning, love growing, more than smoking even, but i loath cloning...

eebbnflow

Heh i used to use rusty, dirty old scissors and just cut a stem from the plant and stick it in the cube, unsterile as fuck, 100% success rate. Now im "operation room" sterile as fuck, use a razor blade - do everything as i should and i have had a 0% success rate for the past 5 months... fuck cloning, love growing, more than smoking even, but i loath cloning...
When you do your process , what is the ph and ppm of your solution ? Do you or did you get all the clones wilting after 3-5hrs or the next day ?
I was following a tech that was 80ppm after the mix . I think now it was incorrect info and too low of a ppm . Anyhow now I am here .

So I took two cuts , yes only 2 as a practice run and mixed up this mix of snypes which gave me 500ppm solution , I thought that was too high . 1 died off and 1 is still going after 8 days . Now I tried this again but I cut in just over half at 300ppm and took extra cuts and I am impressed . They're reaching for the light and none have wilted . I'm not looking for roots in 3 days but that would be great , I'm just looking for that success rate again ! Try this out or determine your ppm and maybe adjust them

chippy

Snypes rockwool guide

Snypes rockwool guide

In his guide it states to technaflora thrive alive but i see on sticky note in picture below shows he used superthrive. He said in other posts he preferred super thrive oner thrive alive so was surprised to see thrive alive in formula in guide.

chippy

In his guide it states to use technaflora but i see on sticky note in picture below it shows he used superthrive. He said in other posts he preferred super thrive oner thrive alive so was surprised to see thrive alive in formula in guide..

benjman5

transplanting into dirt?

transplanting into dirt?

wondering your process it is such a delicate time. i find smaller containers are better and lots od drainage and not to overwater

benjman5

pump timer

pump timer

wondering your pump duration. i have min on every 12 minutes for 45 seconds it keeps down the res temps. thanks!

mtntrogger

Veteran
Came across this a few days ago..trying to step up my clone game, used to be solid, but havent been doing as well lately. I just took a batch following these directions (mostly). I did use cloning gel, I just had some around, plus it seems snypes key here is the whole moisture content thing. My cubes weighed 56-57 grams after 2 hours soak. I dont have GH stuff around so I used Technaflora, and also the root 66, and thrive alive red, phd. I didnt squeze the cubes, to drain. The one thing I have been wondering is if snype uses a heat mat ? I usually do but didnt notice anything about one in his method, so dont have the tray on one at the moment. Ive always misted daily, which Im not doing this time, as well as leaving water in the bottom of the tray, not this time.

T

TrueReligion

Came across this a few days ago..trying to step up my clone game, used to be solid, but havent been doing as well lately. I just took a batch following these directions (mostly). I did use cloning gel, I just had some around, plus it seems snypes key here is the whole moisture content thing. My cubes weighed 56-57 grams after 2 hours soak. I dont have GH stuff around so I used Technaflora, and also the root 66, and thrive alive red, phd. I didnt squeze the cubes, to drain. The one thing I have been wondering is if snype uses a heat mat ? I usually do but didnt notice anything about one in his method, so dont have the tray on one at the moment. Ive always misted daily, which Im not doing this time, as well as leaving water in the bottom of the tray, not this time.

I wouldn't use a heat mat, the easiest way I've found to clone was clip and drop the cut stem into water replacing the water every 1-2 days it takes a little longer but a guaranteed root.

M

marygrace

In memory of Snype , wherever you are , to have helped many growers on ICMag .

picture.php

Thank you so much homie !

mtntrogger

Veteran
Yep ! This is the shit, Been following the recipe and method exactly, and now Im getting 100 % ,,even with less than perfectly healthy cuts ! The one thing I do in addition, that I think REALLY helps , is taking the cuts a few days prior to planting. I let them "soak" in purified water for 3 -4 days, til whenever I get around to it. Thanks Snype !

k-s-p

Veteran
For anyone using A-Ok Starter Plugs, the weights are:

Saturated: 39g
Less 5% water weight: 37g
Weight @ 7 days ~ 75% original weight: 29g

I rounded to nearest gram.

frostqueen

Just a huge thank you to Snype for all he contributed here. I've been using this technique for my aerocloner for many years now and it is perfect. Success every time.