What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Flowers from the ladies

ToughGirl

Good job ToughGirl! How long do you cure your buds for? So many people have different oppinions rerguarding curing.

It depends. Usually I put them into those glass canisters (from the picture), and I open them a few hours per day for about a week or two, or until I get bored. But they will live the rest of their short lives in the canisters they are cured in. Sometimes I'll cure them in a rum soaked humidor for about two weeks. Nothing tastes like a rum cured bud. I just looked up how they rum cured pipe tobacco (I love the smell of it), and I repeat it on a smaller scale. If you have lots of buds, try it with about a half ounce and some Captain Morgans coconut rum:) Everyone that tried it loved it:)

And thank you Mrs. Babba:)

Lil 'o Me

Farm hand
Veteran
Rum soaked humidor.... hmmm.... That sounds awsome! How dry are the buds when you put them in the jar?

ToughGirl

Rum soaked humidor.... hmmm.... That sounds awsome! How dry are the buds when you put them in the jar?

They never actually get wet from the rum. The humidor itself is pre-soaked in it and allowed to 'dry' pretty much. Then the dried buds are put in it and cured like any other buds. They are opened a few hours a day at first, then less and less. They take on a nice rum flavour and smell, but it doesn't over power the actual pot flavour. I really liked it, and so did everyone else:)

If you meant how dry are they when I cure them regularly, I make sure they aren't excessively dried out. If it's over dried it just seems to turn into almost nothing and burns really really quickly. I usually let them go about 5-7 days, then cut the buds off the stem and cure them.

ToughGirl

Here's a few pics of the bumblebee plant all dried and trimmed. It came in just over 4 ounces, which is pretty good for a 3 gallon pot. Couldn't find a single seed when I trimmed it, so it's sensimillia as it get's. I smoked a bud last night and I was thoroughly wasted! I slept until 11am this morning!! I can't wait to try it next week after it's been cured and see what it tastes like. The last pic is the harvest from the past two weeks, give or take a half ounce;) When my timing is strategic, I can harvest about 1 plant per week.

PS. Atari anyone? Hahahahahaha:)

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 29

ToughGirl

four zips from a three gallon is prety good indeed, nice work. They looks tasty and sound fabulous ToughGirl.

Atari? well hell yeah, Tank was a solid favorite for a looooong time, especially ricochet maps. ;)

Thanks so much! We rock some Combat from time to time, but I'm more of an Armor Ambush fan, it's like an updated Combat. I collect 2600 games since the XBOX360 makes me motion sick! In fact most 3D type games make me ill, just spinning and spinning ewwwwwwwww:( And the truth is I'm too blasted at night for all those buttons! One button is enough for me:) I have to be one of the few people on earth playing a 2600 on a 50' plasma!

Lil 'o Me

Farm hand
Veteran
Thanks so much! We rock some Combat from time to time, but I'm more of an Armor Ambush fan, it's like an updated Combat. I collect 2600 games since the XBOX360 makes me motion sick! In fact most 3D type games make me ill, just spinning and spinning ewwwwwwwww:( And the truth is I'm too blasted at night for all those buttons! One button is enough for me:) I have to be one of the few people on earth playing a 2600 on a 50' plasma!

Ha! Thats awsome! Nice job chica! Are you sure you want to harvest once a week though? That can make it difficult to take vacations and plan trips and stuff. Just my :2cents:

ToughGirl

Ha! Thats awsome! Nice job chica! Are you sure you want to harvest once a week though? That can make it difficult to take vacations and plan trips and stuff. Just my :2cents:

True true. But to be honest with you I've become a home body over the past few years. When I was in the service I was everywhere. I moved like 10 times. Now I'm very happy to have 'my' place and I don't travel very much. When I do, it's planned pretty well and another week of blooming won't hurt anything. Other than watering, everything is on timers and thermostats, it's pretty automated, just the way I like it:) If need be I'll figure out a way to water them too:)

L

LolaGal

My OUtdoor crops

My OUtdoor crops

Hey girls, wanna see my outdoor crops?

They are surprising me with the giant buds that they have already!

This is some California Orange Bud by Nirvana...
picture.php

L

LolaGal

Thanks for the compliments!

Roxy that is one nice bud!

Ruh roh, just ate a bunch o budder! :D