What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oger Kush seeds

H

HemperorsKnight

Is it a true male tho ? Ive seen this personally and all the seeds planted from this "male" are female seeds ..like it was a reversed girl aka fem pollen ..im always tryna learn also so its just my observation so far

Only one way to find out is to find one of those and hit it's pollen on a female plant not of feminized and see if it will produce regular seeds

And on your experience maybe it increases the female ratio in that seed line :)

idiit

Veteran
Apical application of silver nitrate (AgNO3 ; 50 and 100 ~mikrog per plant) and silver thiosulphate anionic complex ( STS; 25, 50 and 100 ~mikrog per plant) to female plants of Cannabis sativa induced the formation of reduced male, intersexual and fully altered male flowers on the newly formed primary lateral branches (PLBs);
Induction of Fertile Male Flowers in Genetically Female Cannabis sativa Plants by Silver Nitrate and Silver Thiosulphate Anionic Complex

H.Y. Mohan Ram and R. Sett Department of Botany, University of Delhi, Delhi (India)

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=139761&page=2

thumbs up to Stoner_jebus for the post.

found a ogers kush thread that is a must read imo: ( doesn't come up under oger singular)

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=66540

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
^^^ that "ogers" thread is a classic. Fake bids, fake nics.... good stuff. How about that $200,000.00 pack! Hahaha Wild times! Thanks for posting idiit.

Last edited:
H

HemperorsKnight

Apical application of silver nitrate (AgNO3 ; 50 and 100 ~mikrog per plant) and silver thiosulphate anionic complex ( STS; 25, 50 and 100 ~mikrog per plant) to female plants of Cannabis sativa induced the formation of reduced male, intersexual and fully altered male flowers on the newly formed primary lateral branches (PLBs);
Induction of Fertile Male Flowers in Genetically Female Cannabis sativa Plants by Silver Nitrate and Silver Thiosulphate Anionic Complex

H.Y. Mohan Ram and R. Sett Department of Botany, University of Delhi, Delhi (India)

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=139761&page=2

thumbs up to Stoner_jebus for the post.

found a ogers kush thread that is a must read imo: ( doesn't come up under oger singular)

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=66540

Thanks for the good read

Blessings

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
Recently was gifted Oger's bx so lookin' forward to March start outdoors.........won't know if ya don't sow 'em..................

ganj on..........

H

HemperorsKnight

Is it a true male tho ? Ive seen this personally and all the seeds planted from this "male" are female seeds ..like it was a reversed girl aka fem pollen ..im always tryna learn also so its just my observation so far

Pm me man got some questions on your experience with the males found in fems thanks

Hk

Truthful

So if someone were to have seeds of the Ghost or Tahoe OG crossed to Oger's it's safe to say they are working with a "pure" OG line?

I believe the story it's the Sag's 60/40 aka Banana that's been stated by orgnkid several times and given in the description for the seeds he sold under the Cali Kush Seeds banner. I think it's that banana ish flavor that adds the lemony citrus sweetness that most of these modern day clone only OG cuts carry, I've grown most of the OG cuts but the Tahoe and the Ghost always came across to me as the original.

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
got 8/10 of stash oger/oger going...............

sprouts ahoy..............

thanks again amigo............

ganj on...........

H

HemperorsKnight

I wonder if stashes will be fems considering the male came from selfed genetics no y no guy right? So this is like the 2nd release on these babies big ups brother for getting 8 outta 10 I'm subbed you keeping this thread alive with your og'er grow? I pray so

idiit

Veteran
I wonder if stashes will be fems considering the male came from selfed genetics no y no guy right?
first run of 5 beans kept three (vigor) and all 3 were male. been flowering out one for couple-three weeks for pollen and no inter sex issues yet. got second male just put into flower mode.

swear I smell banana. I sure hope I do. remember markscastle said he found a super dank banana kush pheno in ogers kush seeds.

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
thanks for sharing idiit.........

appreciate the positive vibes HK...............

will do my best ............

ganj on............

idiit

Veteran
first male harvested pollen wise. true male; no he/she. two more males flowering. male #2 smells and looks just like #1 so I culled. space is at a premium for outdoor 2017 season. #3 male looks and smells different than 1,2 ( no banana foundation perceived) so will collect pollen for oger kush seed repro off male 1,3. got several oger kush beans left to pop. need to get my outdoor work completed planting and then will focus on oger runs.

I almost didn't post this next part but decided to. I smoked the fan leaves off male #1. I smoke fan leaves off promising new strains when little info is available on them until I get a finished female to assess. for fan leaves these were very dank. banana foundation to a more complex dank terp profile. smoke aroma very dank.

very promising in early stages of appraisal. fan leaf smoke did synch with the banana terps i thought i was smelling. it's not banana. the terps are more complex. really seems like a banana terp foundation to a more complex terp profile. again, these are fan leaves so not conclusive. it'll be while 'till i can finish some females to really see what i gots.

I pollinated two flowering females (total of two different strains; aww, white urkle) so I would have hybrids to test how well what i suspect to be a "banana foundation" oger kush translates in hybrids.

H

HemperorsKnight

What's up jaws how's it goin'?, idiit- please keep me posted for when ya find some females Im dying to see some new OGs hit the board's same with what Mtn. Nectar has running.

Huesos

Historical documentation...

Historical documentation...

You've done a great job idiit with the linear documentation. Thank You!

I wanted to add some observations on the talk here and in the supporting threads on Banana OG as follows:

On the Ogers Kush S1s via Orginkid- I found one female that was the most vigorous plant that reeked of lemon drop and coated with crystals. The problem was that the plant lost the legendary high. I was really disappointed and stashed all the seeds made from that plant.

The male turned out to be a great breeder. Some folks could argue that the male is a major factor in breeding.

The Ogers kush clone x Orginkid Ogers Kush male seeds showed the same contrast in plants. Some were average or below, then the remaining few were phenoms. Some rivaling or better than the original clone.

After reading the supporting threads you referenced iddit shows very similar experiences.

You have provided the best supports on the male hypothesis being Sag 60/40 male stray pollen.

Anyway, I just wanted to add some observations as noted.

I hope you get those phenoms Barefoot.

H

HemperorsKnight

You've done a great job idiit with the linear documentation. Thank You!

I wanted to add some observations on the talk here and in the supporting threads on Banana OG as follows:

On the Ogers Kush S1s via Orginkid- I found one female that was the most vigorous plant that reeked of lemon drop and coated with crystals. The problem was that the plant lost the legendary high. I was really disappointed and stashed all the seeds made from that plant.

The male turned out to be a great breeder. Some folks could argue that the male is a major factor in breeding.

The Ogers kush clone x Orginkid Ogers Kush male seeds showed the same contrast in plants. Some were average or below, then the remaining few were phenoms. Some rivaling or better than the original clone.

After reading the supporting threads you referenced iddit shows very similar experiences.

You have provided the best supports on the male hypothesis being Sag 60/40 male stray pollen.

Anyway, I just wanted to add some observations as noted.

I hope you get those phenoms Barefoot.

Are you saying the pollen was of the 60/40 for stashes Oger kush seeds? Or what are you saying exactly I'm confused on this post