What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Deformed leaves

sc1

I have some deformed wrinkled leaves at week 1 of flowering. It happens to my seedlings also. Anyone know what it is?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 12

sc1

Df

Df

I'll have to order a new scope. Damn if it's broad mites. If so they've been killing my plants for a while. Is it common for broad mites to destroy plants in veg? I've posted a few more pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 10

sc1

Df

Df

Yeah so it was mites. I did not have a scope but I could see them with my eye. Only 3 plants looked affected so I trashed them. Wow I did not know that mites could be a problem during cooler weather.

Grateful D

Hey man I have had broad mites for the last year. I spent over 100 hours researching how to kill them, and 1000$'s of dollars on every thing imaginable, nukem, forbid, avid, OG biowar tea, mighty wash, soluble sulfur, neem oil the list goes on... All of them were applied thoroughly with an airless paint sprayer I tried heat treatments, nothing worked. I managed to get one crop out, but I had to spray with nukem at extra strength every other day the whole grow, and it was a pain in the ass and really expensive. They would start to look better for a few days, then revert back to shit, I threw out all the plants in my room (over 50) multiple times and cleaned every surface with bleach, still broad mite problems. Just when I was about to give up on the grow and shut it down, I tired one last thing. I got 2 sulfur burners for my 10x25 room, and burned an hour after lights out until an hour before lights come on. Did this for a couple cycles right up until about 2 weeks before harvest and my broad mites are gone. It is by far the only effective treatment i have ever used, and also the simplest. Just hang the burners and plug it in a timer. Thats it. Tried a couple different kind of sulfur burners, and this one worked by far the best https://www.hydroempire.com/wilmod-...GlZQH3m0BHiSZtXP7ZNhEU4gTZ4qFiehoCOOEQAvD_BwE
Even though my bug problem is solved, i still burn sulfur during veg and the beginning of flower bc I never want to deal with broad mites again. I would rather have a dump truck full of spider mites dumped in my room then have those. And they are really hard to spot, I have hand led scopes, hand scopes that hook up to a laptop, and sweet ass microscope that hooks up to a laptop and I have never seen one alive. Just eggs and clear broad mite damage to my plants. They suck. Good Luck!

Grateful D

Also i just saw you said you can see them with your eyes, if you can see them with no scope they arnet broad mites... so thats good. broad mites are microscopic

mushroombrew

Veteran
Also i just saw you said you can see them with your eyes, if you can see them with no scope they arnet broad mites... so thats good. broad mites are microscopic

They are as big as powdered sugar. Tiny white specks can be seen with the naked eye. You cannot identify but can detect without magnification. I breathe on them. Or poke them with a needle. If they move you got mites.

Russets are easy to see. Then eriophids are smaller and finally Broad's which are hard as hell to see.

I had the great honor of seeing them all this last summer. And two spots. And red's. Thanks to lots of dirty clones. Good times...

I quarantine and spray all incoming and outgoing cuts period.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
They are 1/150 of an inch. You have more likelihood of seeing the eggs. Look at the juncture of the fingers of the leaves that is where they congregate most. There will be a reddish spot at that point on the leaf. That is the mark of the BM.

Sometimes it is better to move than try to exterminate these bastards. Once you see em, it may be too late. They ruined me two times over 15 years. Now I act preventatively, spraying in veg, and on the day of flip - and never accept others' clones.

sc1

Well so I trashed the affected plants and left the ones with no visible sign of damage. They are starting to flower now so I think they'll be alright. I'm not sure what kind of mites they were but I could definitely see them -just barely visible- in the leaf margin. They were a white to gold/ brown color, half the size of a spider mite or more. I'll look into the sulfur burners, they sound like a good idea, as long as they wont mess up my organic or all natural grow. I think they are responsible for all the damaged plants coming out of my room for the last year or more two

mushroombrew

Veteran
Spray all the other plants bro. They have a knack for showing up in week 4 and destroying your crop. Spray once a week for 3 weeks anytime you see mites anywhere within 40 miles of your grow ok? Lol! They are not to be taken lightly.

sc1

Well Ill be moving more plantz to the flower room next week. I don't see anymore right now. I could spray with dr Bronners peppermint before I move them in. Any recommendations for a spray? They don't attack every plant or seedlings- I think they chew up my new sprouts too- very selective I guess.

sc1

I just looked up that sulfur burner- cool- I'd like to pick it up. Ain't quite got the money for it- not too expensive though. That looks like it would definitely end the mite problem. Damn if soap don't kill em

Latest posts

Latest posts