What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who's all prevented their own arthritis through using cannabis?

Yes gout fucking sucks. I'm on day 4 of an attack on my toe and ankle. I once got it in my knee and oh my god.....If I didn't have some old painkillers laying around I would have gone to the ER. I assume it from all the beer I drink, but I have also been eating a lot of turkey which has a very high purine content.

Been helping a friend with coco butter infused with oil
He says its been really helping his condition :)
He had to cut out booze an rich food just aggravates it worse

Green Squall

Yup i know all about gout and uric acid. I don't get it often enough for lifestyle changes. When I occasionally get it I ice it, take advil and stay hydrated.

TerpeneDream

I've got early onset of arthritis too :/

I've heard some cannabis (maybe Sativa) is a Vasodialator, and some cannabis (maybe Indica) can be Vasoconstricting.

Maybe one type would work better than others?

Haven't really given thc/cbd tinctures a chance on the arthritis. Perhaps I should. Regular use/stretching seems to help me...

Oh, and Green Squall -- maybe the beer is makingn it worse? Not sure where the article is ATM, but I just read a bit about US commercial beers, and how they have MSG and other nasty chemicals...beer isn't regulated and thus doesn't have to list its ingredients. Drink local!

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I used to suffer from gout, I've changed my eating habits (less rich/fatty foods, less shrimp, crab, chicken wings, fried foods etc) and that KO'd the gout period.

But, earlier while I was suffering w/periods of gout I used OTC meds to knock it out, aspirin & Aleve combined:
(4) 325mg aspirin & (5) 220mg Aleve ~ twice daily, by the middle of my 2nd day each time I treated this way I could feel the relief, but I took 2nd day evening doses as well, by day 3 it was gone every time.

The Aleve otc tablets @ 220mg each total 1100mg :yoinks:
One prescription dose is 550mg, so double dosing @ worst.

My system was already used to naproxen (aleve) via prescription from a few years earlier so I'd hoped for the best when I decided to ramp that stuff up, it worked. I was also quite used to larger than avg aspirin doses, I love the shit.

btw I take 2 aspirin & 2 otc aleve before bedtime every night, I wake up less sore from my arthritis that way :)

I Don't recommend this for anyone else to try, neither
of the otc drugs had ever given me issues prior or since combining.

Zu1skEI.jpg

EDIT:
Cannabis only helps to ease the pain and the anxiety in my mind from arthritis, never a preventative (I'm 60+ now & smoked heavily since '72/'73) so preventative, no. But I can't imagine how much worse my suffering might be w/out it.......

angelgoob

I'm learning shit and created a thread that may be helping people. Thanks for sharing.

Esp the tumeric. I have a hernia and when I touch it, ouch. Never poke me there. but when I take tumeric caps. it's gone.

Other people have said it works too.

You will get energy from it also. It's a good anti-oxidant also.

St. Phatty

I don't know how much of my body pain is arthritis and how much is just normal "did too much".

Blueberry Headband cross and Green Crack cross have been helping lately !

To fully participate in this thread I might have to look up "arthritis."

Green Squall

I'm learning shit and created a thread that may be helping people. Thanks for sharing.

Esp the tumeric. I have a hernia and when I touch it, ouch. Never poke me there. but when I take tumeric caps. it's gone.

Other people have said it works too.

You will get energy from it also. It's a good anti-oxidant also.

Do you make your own turmeric caps or buy them? I regularly cook with fresh turmeric root. Tastes so much better than than the powder.

M

moose eater

Turmeric is stated by some to be one of the newly recognized homeopathic or medicinal wonder cures.

I like it in curry. Gives it similar lasting 'soft heat' as properly used yellow mustard powder, if you're into doctoring up your own curry powders.

Excess naproxen an/or aspirin can contribute to bleeding ulcers in the gastro-intestinal tract, similarly to ibuprofen; careful with that stuff. If the cure brings secondary conditions that are worse than the original issue, then there's ground lost.

I chuckle when I listen to/watch all the Rx drug commercials on the television/radio.

i.e., "Warning; Consult with your physician before trying (X,Y, or Z) as it may contribute to suicidal/homicidal ideation, diarrhea, heart attacks, stroke, marital discord, impotence, paralysis, farting, belching, or incarceration." (sorry, a bit of parody therein).

Makes you wonder just how bad the original complaint had to be to cause someone to agree to make themselves susceptible to all the potential (not to mention the unknown or unstated) side-affects..

Did you know that in many countries, the radio and t.v. commercials the U.S. is exposed to for Rx meds are not permitted? Many countries have stopped the Pharmaceutical vampires from broadcasting their outrageously-inflated-price wares, like the parasitic toxic drug dealers they are.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
It prevents ice cream from hanging out too long.

It prevents me yelling at the robocaller and convinces me to tell them a story in which the machine loses instead.

I don't have arthritis and I smoke so I could say maybe.

Let's not limit ourselves to anything but possibilities.

angelgoob

I have bought the caps and the spice.

Tumeric doesn't always work for headache, but I take it anyway.

It makes me head feel more focused, but more diffuse. It's like a small sativa high if you ingest enough.

This could be an MAOI effect.

Swigging the spice got my pain away on my belly. Hurts only a little, but when it's gone, you noticed you had it.

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
I average about an ounce every two weeks and have done so for roughly forty years.

Got arthritis something fierce, took methotrexate for three years but it caused extra cancer tumors in my right lung and upper colon. So I quit. At that point I had to give up the sword, if there was a workable answer I would have used it, I love the sword.

The pot does not actually help the arthritis. I keeps me more inactive and that helps, but it is the inaction of the joints, not a direct effect of the marijuana. I use morphine for the cancer discomfort, however, morphine has very little to no effect at all on my arthritis pain so it is not the answer either. Methotrexate and similar immune system inhibitors are the functional answer, but only for those it does not create cancer tumors in. I personally know folks that get along well with adalimumab, etanercept, certolizumab, and methotrexate and do not get cancer, but I do.

In that vein, marijuana may work for some folks even though it does nothing for me.

angelgoob

Have you ever decarboxylated at 250F for 45 minutes and then cooked that bud into something? Or just made caps?

I made caps with coconut and hash oil. Let's just say they look so cool that it adds to the high.

Yea, the liver changes d9 into d11. BIGGER longer tailed. I taught my parents this the other day. :)

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Relief Factor works well. I have not used it in a while though. I take tumeric almost daily, which is one of the main ingredients. Fish oil, resveratrol are 2 of the other things in it.

I got my mom on olive oil and she says it helps the arthritis. Not sure if that is placebo though. I got her on that for maintaining brain function that it seems to help with.

Coca Cola really aggravated my joints, had to quit that.