What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How many seeds per plant?

Superauto

How many seeds do an average plant of medium size produce?
Or if you pollinate just one bud(medium size), how many seeds to expect?

Easy7

Veteran
That's a very hard question. Depends on calyx numbers and when pollinated. There is a peak time to pollinate. Earlier equals less calyxes with virgin and receptive white hairs...or pink or whatever color.

Usually lot's of seeds. More than you will likely ever be able to fully grow out. Plenty to give away or make snack bars out of.

Superauto

Usually lot's of seeds. More than you will likely ever be able to fully grow out. Plenty to give away or make snack bars out of.
I have a wet dream about putting seeds to the grown all over the forest in all kind of soil and different places, so if I get a lot of seeds that's a good start :D

hellfire

Right time for females. Don't keep males in too long. Don't let it get too hot. Plenty of airflow if indoor or gh, get that pollen going around.

If you do it right you can make 10k seeds off a plant in a 5-7 gal.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thrre are way to many variables to accurately answer that question.

Things to consider:
Time of polination
Where polinated
How much polinated
Viability of pollen
Viability of ovary
Environmental pressures affecting seed maturity
Plant nutrition

This list is inconclusive!

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It sure would be nice if you'd read for a while, SUPERAUTO, and quit cluttering the forum with questions that have been asked & answered hundreds of times over the last few decades.

You are litterally burrying the threads you need to be reading!

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
18 small plants under 2000 watts once yielded me well over 30000 seeds that I picked out during trimming. I would assume nearly as many or more got picked out by other people.

I can remember getting bags of weed that were 3/4 seeds and 1/4 stem and bud once broken up.

We have tried to pollonate plants and got very few or aborted seeds also.

Koondense

Veteran
It sure would be nice if you'd read for a while, SUPERAUTO, and quit cluttering the forum with questions that have been asked & answered hundreds of times over the last few decades.

+1

Superauto

It might be hard for a veteran to realize but it takes about two life times to read everything posted about cannabis.

But here is the good news, I done asking

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I still come up with questions from time to time... Like daily... But I attempt to do some research before asking.

I mean... If you do a search, i'd be willing to bet that every single thread you've started over the last few days has already got another similar thread.

It's entitled folks like you, who refuse to take the time to do some research, that are driving the best members away.

S

sourpuss

Heres a better question. Whats the sound of 1 hand clapping?.... this is where you pimp slap a bitch real hard lol...

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Enough seeds you will question why would anyone pay $15+ for a single bird seed. :)

There's no question about why somebody would pay for seed.
It boils down to one word

GENETICS

The same damn reason horses & Bull semen gor for Hundreds of Tousands of Dollars!

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
you mean names right not genetics? all the seeds are genetics...only some of em have that hype train name. like gg4Xogkxgdp. could turn out trash but since it's got some popular names in the mix everyone gonna drop $100 a pack for untested 1 off crosses.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
you mean names right not genetics? all the seeds are genetics...only some of em have that hype train name. like gg4Xogkxgdp. could turn out trash but since it's got some popular names in the mix everyone gonna drop $100 a pack for untested 1 off crosses.

I think what you meant to say was it makes more sense to you to spend $10 on a few thousand random bagseeds than $100 on the oppurtunity to aquire something amazing... to each is there own.

Not saying alot of seeds are not overpriced. But I have popped a ton of bag seed, free seeds and my own crosses. And I by all means intend to keep buying new potentials great genetics.