What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

?? Extraction filtering... steel wool?... copper wool?... stainless steel wool?

brown_thumb

I've seen some references to using steel wool, or stainless steel wool to further filter BHO and alcohol extractions. Perhaps copper wool also.

Do these improve the final product?

If so, which is better?

What grades and how fine should they be?

Does one simply add a wadded round piece to place between the material and the output screen?

OhighO

I don't know for sure but I would imagine that you are risking contaminating you product with cutting oil used in making the steel wool. There are better filtering medias available. I do however use stainless steel screens available from laboratory suppliers. They are durable and available in many micron sizes.
Good luck with your process!

kwikness

I've seen some references to using steel wool, or stainless steel wool to further filter BHO and alcohol extractions. Perhaps copper wool also.

Do these improve the final product?

If so, which is better?

What grades and how fine should they be?

Does one simply add a wadded round piece to place between the material and the output screen?

Don't put any of that shit at the bottom of your column. Just use a properly sized screen/gasket and pack a few big nugs at the bottom of the column and you'll be fine.

Latest posts

Latest posts