What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Drying in downstairs room

theclearspot

Hi folks I normally dry in the loft but its so damp here (humidity in loft was 80) I've had to start drying in a downstairs room. I want to ask the optimum humidity and temperature (fahrenheit) . I have a fan in there (its completely dark) but I don't have any vents to let out old air (I will just have to open the door to the outside patio occasionally) .

I don't have experience of drying like this so how long should drying take approx?

Thanks bud lovers…

growslow

This has some great research, She is mentioned in another thread. Great graph in this video looking at different temps and she suggests looking at VPD as everyone has different environmental challenges. Her position is 11 days to avoid botrytis. really a great dry tutorial but I am no expert. Old thread but hopefully it helps someone.

Cheers

synapse57

It's like 10 days hang dry in 58%. my basement was like 45-55f for the past couple weeks, while it snowed here again. cut my dry time by a few days, being a little dryer, like 50%

growslow

Yeah I shoot for .72-.78 Kpa for VPD In the Winter that's like 60-61F at around 60% in the summer my temp goes to 64-65F so humidity is slightly higher to accommodate. But the goal for me is 10-11 days. I hang the entire plant upside down the way I curt it down.

I am well researched and this is what I have compiled from what seem to be reputable sources but I am a reasonably new grower in the last few years so what the hell do I know but drying is the one thing I have not struggled with so think I am not totally wrong. Where is YellowCanaryConsulting when you need a pot stirred or to have someone tell you your wrong :)

growslow

It's like 10 days hang dry in 58%. my basement was like 45-55f for the past couple weeks, while it snowed here again. cut my dry time by a few days, being a little dryer, like 50%
I just noticed we are not far apart, yeah that last batch of weather, 50F and rain followed by 10F and snow and back to rain then cold again changed the humidity up and down by about 50% putting a little game into a dry