What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Will Appalachia be made available again/ever?

oceangrownkush

Veteran
So I'm really interested in this line. I have a pack of Tres Dawg IX and I also have access to Green Crack, so it wouldn't be impossible for me to make my own redux. When I messaged JJ-NYC about crosses with the Tres Dawg IX he told me not to cross it to anything Chem related or anything to which the Tres Dawg has already been crossed, or that if I did that I shouldn't sell/give away the beans and keep them private stash. That's fine with me and I'll probably end up doing that eventually, in the mean time though I would love to grow out H&L's original Appalachia as I've heard nothing but praise and it seems its been used in several crosses already as well! Is it possible to source these or did I miss the boat?

Also to anyone that has smoked her, whats the Appalachia like? From what I can see it seems like Cush dominated the cross in structure.. Looks beautiful anyways.

Peace and thank you to anyone with pertinent info :)
O

true grit

Veteran
I def agree to not make them to sell for sure, def disrespectful, but kinda gettin tired of breeders trying to tell folks what they can and cant do with their own shit especially if you aren't tryin to profit and just looking some new flame for yourself and friends.

oceangrownkush

Veteran
Yeah like I said I def plan on chucking pollen on whatever I want, just gonna be respectful of JJ's wishes and not spread ALL the creations far and wide. I think he plans on doing his own Cush X Tres Dawg sometime in the future so if I did I'd be taking money outta his pocket...

Thanks for the off topic replies tho lol.... Probably shouldn't have even mentioned it.

true grit

Veteran
lol not off topic at all, I know jj and respect his ish too. but once ya buy beans its kinda outta their hands unless you try to start selling the same seeds and thats jsut shady. I just felt the need to comment cuz thats not the first breeder lately ive been seeing put restrictions on shit like seeds and what not. good luck, hope ya find the info you looking for. Ones im bummed i missed were bodhi's Lucky charms with the appalachia

AzGrOw-N-sMoKe

I know there's a few phenos of h&l's original app'y floating around, the one i tried was the real sweet cush dom pheno, but i know the tres heavy pheno still goes around too, last i heard i think it was the app'y #13... az

H&L

I will be releasing seeds in 2013. I have been working diligently inbreeding Appalachia.

J

joejusttyped

I will be releasing seeds in 2013. I have been working diligently inbreeding Appalachia.

Cool ive heard about this strain for far too long without ever tasting her haha. Good luck

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
When I first read the response to him not making any crosses to anything chem related I thought it was bc it would ruin the line of the tres dawg ..I did not expect the reason to be bc he was "limiting" u to what u can do with his gentics ..

Take this with a grain of salt
If I was a breeder and I released a in demand product done correctly I wouldn't "fear" my work being used in other people's work ..a knock off is always just that ..if ur product is superior it speaks for itself ..I don't need to tell people don't buy that bc it's inferior ..it will reveal itself naturally ..If u manage to take my work and make something better than I did I take my hat off to u ..but we all kno 9 out of 10 knock offs never are ..so why fear ?
If u take my work and make something just as good or even better give me a shutout ..he'll if u wanna share the proceeds be my guest ..I'll feel good knowing I layed the ground "work" or paved the way for to make something better ..that's only gonna inspire me to stay in top of my game and keep paving the way ..

I think that's another fear of "breeders" someone taking the "limelight" u don't want ur lime light stolen stay on top of ur game ..once u slip someone's there's to catch right up

What I have leaned from playing sports majority of my life is competition is good ! Keeps u on top of ur game ..seems like people are scared of comp to me

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran

you just made my year

thank you sir, for all your hard work

may you have the best new year kind sir

H&L

Thats great news H&L.. What other strains are you working with at the moment if you don't mind me asking?

I am slow and methodical. I am using much of my space on second generation Appalachia plants right now. I also have a worked SSH line from mid-90s stock I have been continuing on with. I want to isolate certain characteristics I have been unable to find in new f1 stock.

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
I for one, am waiting patiently

keep up the hard work H&L, and happy gardening

H&L

I am trying to get set up with Seedbay, have some Appalachia hybrids ready to go. I will have pure Appy ready in a few months.

Latest posts

Latest posts