Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > USA Cannabis Scene: State By State > Colorado > Colorado networking

Thread Title Search
Colorado networking Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2018, 05:53 PM #1
Putembk

Putembk is just really nicePutembk is just really nicePutembk is just really nicePutembk is just really nicePutembk is just really nicePutembk is just really nicePutembk is just really nicePutembk is just really nicePutembk is just really nicePutembk is just really nicePutembk is just really nice
Colorado networking

Morning Colorado Bud Brothers. Rather you are a breeder, grower, toker or joker. Check in and let others know you are here.

Place I was hanging is falling apart for various reasons and wondering how the colo contingent is doing here. The state, along with the rest of the country has gone through lots of changes in the last 10 years or so. Some are long term survivors, some have dropped out, moved and some are just starting out.

I am a small grower and still chugging along. Wild wild west days are gone and Colo has reached a saturation point causing a steady decline in demand and prices.

I have learned to be more efficient to survive.....nothing goes to waste.....so far it is working. Who knows what the future will bring.....

How about you all...what is going on????
Putembk is online now Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-01-2018, 06:32 PM #2
aridbud
automeister

aridbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond repute
Prices were too high from the get go. $20 a gram....get real. Lived in SO CO before/after legalization. Has made an impact on CO, both good and bad.
John Harrigan
Instant gratification takes too long.
Carrie Fisher - RIP.
afterthought autos
We are passionate breeders in the USA- check out our unique quality cannabis autoflower hybrid seeds for medical conditions and recreational stimulus at down to earth prices. Now 12 years running strong!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-01-2018, 07:07 PM #3
Putembk

Putembk is just really nicePutembk is just really nicePutembk is just really nicePutembk is just really nicePutembk is just really nicePutembk is just really nicePutembk is just really nicePutembk is just really nicePutembk is just really nicePutembk is just really nicePutembk is just really nice
I agree. 10 years ago the going price was $3200 per lb and $400 a zip. However prices have dropped to low and saturation is still causing prices to spiral downward.

I had a friend stop by yesterday with a question about his Chem #4 he was just getting ready to harvest. (outdoor). His question was....what is this white stuff.... I have seen PM before but this is bad.

I told him it was Power Mildew and shouldn't be smoked. He told me he could dump it for $125/oz all day long....

What has this state come to.....whores market with no regard to quality.....

I was told this would happen with legality and ultimately rec weed...I never thought it would happen.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:28 PM #4
xavier7995

xavier7995 is just really nicexavier7995 is just really nicexavier7995 is just really nicexavier7995 is just really nicexavier7995 is just really nicexavier7995 is just really nicexavier7995 is just really nicexavier7995 is just really nicexavier7995 is just really nicexavier7995 is just really nicexavier7995 is just really nice
It is really odd that a more open and legal environment has resulted in shittier weed. I always attributed the 5k+ prices with it being illegal, but maybe that illegal nature made for a more dedicated and discerning consumer. I have seen a decent amount of pot here in CO that would get you kicked from the circle of trust within some old groups. It is just weird, at least in terms of quality, price makes sense since there is a glut of mediocre shit being pushed.

Good to see you around pute.

Instagram: xavier7995
xavier7995 is offline Quote

Old 10-01-2018, 10:57 PM #5
blowingupjake

blowingupjake has a spectacular aura aboutblowingupjake has a spectacular aura aboutblowingupjake has a spectacular aura aboutblowingupjake has a spectacular aura aboutblowingupjake has a spectacular aura about
The best part of the new legal market is all the people who bought up a bunch of nice equipment and then realized this hobby isn't like a hamster or something and there is work involved. So much nice equipment sitting around and available for trade...

The flowers are finally approaching real world pricing, grey market or in the stores. Personally, I feel this is as it should be. While I do miss the old days of nice pocket books, I would much rather see hard working people getting stuff that they can afford. It's just a shame that the stuff is much lower quality.

There doesn't seem to be a strong network or community of growers within the state anymore.
blowingupjake is offline Quote

Old 10-02-2018, 12:20 AM #6
Putembk

@ xavier, Thanks my friend. Things aren't going well at the Cabana right now so I'm on a walk a bout.

I know I still grow good pot but have had to lower my prices again and again. Been able to maintain and keep most all my circle of friends but I know they see the lower prices advertised so ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

I just recently dropped from $200 to $150 and everybody seems happy for now. I will keep rocking as long my friends keep rolling.

The commercial guys I know are all shipping out of state.....$1200/lb is the going rate here..... Many are switching to oil. Now I hear the the dispensaries are coming out with infused flavor in their oil. Vape pens with apple flavor....hmmm.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-02-2018, 12:42 AM #7
Hydro8

Hydro8 is a jewel in the roughHydro8 is a jewel in the roughHydro8 is a jewel in the roughHydro8 is a jewel in the roughHydro8 is a jewel in the roughHydro8 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by blowingupjake View Post
The best part of the new legal market is all the people who bought up a bunch of nice equipment and then realized this hobby isn't like a hamster or something and there is work involved. So much nice equipment sitting around and available for trade...
Tons of grow equipment for trade many times free on craigslist. I have got stuff from real estate guys find it abandoned in properties.
Hydro8 is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-02-2018, 12:48 AM #8
samiam

samiam will become famous soon enoughsamiam will become famous soon enough
been here since 2014. of about the 12 people I knew that came out here im the only one left. Maybe should get some t-shirts made for the rest of us.
samiam is offline Quote

Old 10-02-2018, 01:18 AM #9
Putembk

Quote:
Originally Posted by samiam View Post
been here since 2014. of about the 12 people I knew that came out here im the only one left. Maybe should get some t-shirts made for the rest of us.
I have lived here for over 50 years. I didn't come to pot....pot came to me. I will never leave Colorado. To rooted in. It sure has changed the landscape of this state.

Frankly I wish it wasn't legal here. I hear of prices still roiling back East. It was still ok here under medical but when rec became legal everything went to hell.

Old 10-02-2018, 01:32 AM #10
samiam

samiam will become famous soon enoughsamiam will become famous soon enough
lucky you. where I'm from if you get caught with even 1 plant County's ban you from buying, renting a house, registering vehicle and working a job after they take every thing you own.
samiam is offline Quote