Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growroom Designs & Equipment > Need Help Designing Blumat Grow!

Thread Title Search
Need Help Designing Blumat Grow! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-02-2018, 09:52 AM #1
Sticky buds

Sticky buds is on a distinguished road
Need Help Designing Blumat Grow!

Hi, I am thinking of buying a mammoth G1 tent (110cm x 180cm x 240cm) with 15 x 5 gallon pots (30.5cm wide) (3 rows of 5) and using blumats.. I am hoping that three rows instead of two will not make it too difficult.. I was planning on running 8mm white tubing down to a T splitter over each row of 3 plants then running 3mm tubing Down to a 4 way splitter then a Y splitter at each plant with 2 carrots per pot.. Thing is the distance from the 4 way splitter will be longer for the outside row of plants.. Will this be too long a distance for 3mm tubing? Should I only use 1 carrot per pot with drippers? It is to be a gravity fed system and I noticed that they sell different kits for gravity fed systems so is that what I need? What's the difference? I don't think they supply a pressure reducer in the gravity fed kits but they do recommended using them in gravity fed systems so do I need a pressure reducer? What size rez would you guys recommend? How high Do I need to keep it? They recommend 3 feet apparently.. Is that above the ground or above plant level? Will it be OK to run the line into the inlet hole In the tent which seems very low and is on one side of the tent (not in the middle) or do I need to add another hole in the middle & higher in the tent? Thank you
Sticky buds is offline Quote

Old 04-02-2018, 10:35 AM #2
Dog Star
Why so Sirius!!

Dog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivor
16 x 7 gallon pot is better combo... why 15 x 5..

you never growed in this tent and you will use just 3 rows,thats cause you cant visualise
that this 3 rows you will miss one..

16 plants is 4x4
15 plants is 3x5

imagine tent as a square.. would it be easier to put inside 4x4 or 3x5??
Dog Star is offline Quote

Old 04-02-2018, 10:56 AM #3
Sticky buds

Dude... The tent is a rectangle not a square! This way I get the closest to an even distance between plants and fill the space most efficiently the way I see it! I wish the footprint of a gavita (and thus this tent) was a square but it's just not I'm afraid!

Old 04-02-2018, 10:58 AM #4
Sticky buds

I wish the dimensions were better too.. 110 x 180 is uneven and a pain in the ass.. It's the 110 bit that sucks.. If only it was 120 things would be much easier..

Old 04-02-2018, 11:31 AM #5
Dog Star
Why so Sirius!!

Dog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivor
I never sees those dimensions... why you dont buy normal square tent..

so you will not use Gavita 1000 DE inside??

Old 04-02-2018, 12:35 PM #6
Sticky buds

Yes I will.. This tent was specifically designed to be used with a gavita 1000w using an SR reflector.. That is why I wouldn't use a square tent! When I saw you post in the last thread that you were using a gavita 1000w and a 215cm tent I just assumed you were using the 215cm version of this tent!

Old 04-02-2018, 01:47 PM #7
Dog Star
Why so Sirius!!

No i use square type or Q by mark.. 150 Q Elite... its perfect by shape to suit Gavita..

those 110 x 180 is weird for Gavita that hits 5x5 print..

Old 04-02-2018, 01:59 PM #8
Sticky buds

Gavita doesn't have a 5' x 5' print! It's a rectangular print! Read their literature! This tent is designed to fit the footprint of a gavita perfectly! The SR stands for small room..

Old 04-02-2018, 02:08 PM #9
Sticky buds

Quote (gavita): "You can see by the spreading of the fixtures in the room that they are not positioned in a 4x4ft or 5x5 ft
grid. Horizontal reflectors with horizontal lamps do not have a square field: they are wide and rectangular."

Link to information about tent: https://www.mammothtent.nl/mammoth-elite-gavita-g1

Old 04-02-2018, 03:59 PM #10
Dog Star
Why so Sirius!!

Before they claimed same for Mammoth 120 Q,150 Q... that its perfect print
for these tents Gavita lights... now they have new products,you know stuff need to be sold to people.. so its not weird this new print is also perfect...

i can sees it can be done in 150 x 150,also in 110 x 180... its not huge difference..
only to me who already growing few years under Gavita stuff can be weird with
110 x 180 as i didnt work ever in this kind of space... that your G1 still
have weird print for that light...

But OK,lets sees how you will addapt to new enviroment,light,etc....

Did you buyed already gear???