Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Organic Soil > Human Shit is good Fertiliser

Thread Title Search
Human Shit is good Fertiliser Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-12-2018, 05:02 AM #51
DenverVaultBoy

DenverVaultBoy is just really niceDenverVaultBoy is just really niceDenverVaultBoy is just really niceDenverVaultBoy is just really niceDenverVaultBoy is just really niceDenverVaultBoy is just really niceDenverVaultBoy is just really niceDenverVaultBoy is just really nice
Is it pretty? Nope, but the sheer reality of an overpopulated world will lead to this area being explored sooner rather than later. Look at the fiction Judge Dredd as a good example, "eat recycled food, good for the environment, and good for you..." When the oil starts to run out, and petrochemical fertilization is no longer viable, science will have to find new ways to keep the crops going. Do I hope some miracle comes along and prevents the world from collapsing into resource wars and famine? Yep, but at this point it doesn't seem likely.
DenverVaultBoy is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:04 PM #52
baduy

baduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Star View Post
sewage...

Humans have really dangerous bacteries in their guts beside beneficial ones,Clostridium difficile a superbactery that infects humans can survive 6 month spores outside in most extreme conditions,heat,acid enviroment,cold.. and be prepared for attack on new host..

I will never use human manure for plant growing but i sees there is a great amendments that are much cleaner and safer for production of food or medicine as we does..

Maybe i will use human manure to fertilize woods,trees that dont bear fruits that are for consumation,only then by mine personal
standards..
If uncompletely composted no type of manure is safe, for instance sheep and cow fresh manure can give you liver flukes. It's all about the temperature of your pile. Industrial cattles are stuffed with antibiotics and all type of shit all their lives and their manure is also full of it. I'd rather use one year old manure from the backyard toilet of a vegan jehova witness than fresh industrial cow manure that will fill my weed with antibiotics. East asians have been using human manure for generations in their fields without health issues.
To each is own
baduy is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-12-2018, 01:03 PM #53
Gypsy Nirvana
Free'd P.O.W.

Gypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivor
Yes....in some dystopian future - they might even be mining the sewers for minerals - Apparently there is enough cocaine down the London sewers to start your very own cartel with.

<cue the Mariachi band>

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...europe-drug-uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverVaultBoy View Post
Is it pretty? Nope, but the sheer reality of an overpopulated world will lead to this area being explored sooner rather than later. Look at the fiction Judge Dredd as a good example, "eat recycled food, good for the environment, and good for you..." When the oil starts to run out, and petrochemical fertilization is no longer viable, science will have to find new ways to keep the crops going. Do I hope some miracle comes along and prevents the world from collapsing into resource wars and famine? Yep, but at this point it doesn't seem likely.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-12-2018, 04:36 PM #54
Microbeman
The Logical Gardener

Microbeman has disabled reputation
Sewer cartels and turd burgers. Made my morning.

Seriously, the collection point is key, as Teddy so eloquently expressed. Effluent flushed to a huge central processing plant will likely never be healthy. There is however real potential for individual household collection of self-waste and composting/vermicomposting.

This points to more than only the recycling of our waste but humans returning to acceptance of responsibility for their own impact on the earth.

These types of actions have transformative powers on the human attitude.

"When the facts change, I change my mind.
What do you do, sir?"
"Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone."
~John Maynard Keynes~
Sorry: No questions by PM, check my webpage

Microbeman is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-12-2018, 04:58 PM #55
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond repute
I wonder what Paul Stamets would say on this subject?
Too bad he's not here on IC.

I'd be willing to bet that mushrooms could do for shit what they can do for hydrocarbons.

Then we could feed the mushroom compost to our beloved plants.
MJPassion is offline Quote

Old 10-12-2018, 05:47 PM #56
Itsmychoice

Itsmychoice is a glorious beacon of lightItsmychoice is a glorious beacon of lightItsmychoice is a glorious beacon of lightItsmychoice is a glorious beacon of lightItsmychoice is a glorious beacon of lightItsmychoice is a glorious beacon of lightItsmychoice is a glorious beacon of lightItsmychoice is a glorious beacon of lightItsmychoice is a glorious beacon of lightItsmychoice is a glorious beacon of lightItsmychoice is a glorious beacon of light
I was made aware of this when two trailers dumped a 12” deep lane wide trail for miles down a local highway. The sewage plant in the city sells it to local farms for cheap. The representative for the sewer company kept saying how it’s “treated” and worry free. It looked and smelt just like pooo and all my mind could think about was the worst case scenarios of what people shit and put in toilets. I felt real bad for the guy who wreaked his motorcycle in it and laughed at the thought of how many cars drove through and parked in their garage. It was reported as manure. Humans can’t be trusted to keep this kind of system good. I could care less what the process is, there are too many unknowns in a city’s waste collection, but I have no doubt we all have had things grown in fields fertilized with human shit without knowing it. I will be more careful from now on.
Itsmychoice is offline Quote

Old 10-12-2018, 05:55 PM #57
MrBungle

MrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud of
Reminds me of the Opening to Maggot Brain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOKn33-q4Ao
MrBungle is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:48 PM #58
DenverVaultBoy

DenverVaultBoy is just really niceDenverVaultBoy is just really niceDenverVaultBoy is just really niceDenverVaultBoy is just really niceDenverVaultBoy is just really niceDenverVaultBoy is just really niceDenverVaultBoy is just really niceDenverVaultBoy is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPassion View Post
I wonder what Paul Stamets would say on this subject?
Too bad he's not here on IC.

I'd be willing to bet that mushrooms could do for shit what they can do for hydrocarbons.

Then we could feed the mushroom compost to our beloved plants.
At the toxic US Superfund sites they often conduct research on microbes that can break down materials that we currently have no conventional means of dealing with, it might end up being the case that human compost becomes just as usable as plant compost, once the right microbe colonies are discovered and introduced. Progress is almost always a good thing, sometimes it just smells a little nastier than we would like.
DenverVaultBoy is offline Quote

Old 10-13-2018, 12:26 AM #59
Microbeman
The Logical Gardener

Microbeman has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverVaultBoy View Post
At the toxic US Superfund sites they often conduct research on microbes that can break down materials that we currently have no conventional means of dealing with, it might end up being the case that human compost becomes just as usable as plant compost, once the right microbe colonies are discovered and introduced. Progress is almost always a good thing, sometimes it just smells a little nastier than we would like.
The Japanese already have a formula which hypothetically accomplishes this. It is called EM and in my world it worked.
Microbeman is offline Quote

Old 10-13-2018, 12:27 AM #60
PaulieWaulie

PaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of light
They say if you compost it 2 years your good to use it in your vegetable garden. Also if you burry it below ground a foot, and plant on top you are also good. The idea is that the pathogens coming into direct contact with your fruit that you are going to eat is where the danger lies. But we aren't even eating it, we are processing it and lighting it to high temperatures. Fungi spores die at 140F, and most other bacteria and pathogens its 165F.

Human manure has been used for hundreds of years, what you think they used back in 1600-1800 when it was life or death for a farmer to have a crop be fertilized and grow with fertile soil.

So if you have really good Living soil and throw a poop in, that microbial life will break it down in no time. I highly doubt there will be anything left within months.

I will hands down do a sidebyside "shit test". take a fat dump into a 3 gallon nursery pot mixed with a mixture of 33% peat 33% perlite 33% EWC.

with pics.
PaulieWaulie is offline Quote