What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is puple haze...

G

deZerTomB said:
My only experience was with tiny green pyramids in college that would melt in your mouth. Say ahhhhh..

and red ones to, you wouldnt of went to college around san diego at that time did ya?

CBF

Pure purple haze

Pure purple haze

PPH
we got it, pretty popular in the club
its just "pure haze" from,
the neville bros.
lots of different phenos, about 7 Ive counted,
some flower forever (16 weeks ),
some 7-8 weeks
not stable at all,
youll deal with self pollinators.
youll find a purple here and there
but mostly lime green rules the color code, with lots of red & orange hairs.
Its a treasure to go into thou, something never to look away from.
On the average out of 20 youll find a hit,
a knock down dirty little girl,
that will slap you silly !!! :canabis: :biglaugh: :wink:
good luck in your search for the purple haze
youll be grining when you find it
And I & I know you will now
wont you ?
sweet & piney tart smooth !
cant you just taste that fresh piney sense taste -:yummy:
pop your cap !
peace,
LB. :joint:

(perfect for making HUGE Haze clouds, excuse me while I kiss the sky
Im so cheesy uh)
:biglaugh:

G

some more info I ran across. this is from the Skunkman

"Purple haze was a strain from positronics .
Which is haze x purple#1 . Before that was no such thing as purple
haze . There was only haze from the haze brothers"

SamS,
What a crock, Positronics did not even have any Haze until I gave it
to them after the mid 1980's. They crossed Haze with a local Pars
Purple outdoor variety that was weak shit pot that had a nice color.
FYI, Purple Haze was sold in the early 1970's by the Haze Brothers
in Santa Cruz, I should know I smoked it back then every day for
years....
BTW, some of the Purple Haze needed cold to turn purple, others did
not need cold and were purple even if never cold. Purple Haze was
pure Original Haze, and the purple color was not dominate, so easy to
lose.
I also like the Silver Blue, and Lime Green Haze better then the
Purple Haze, because they were more up, clear, and energetic in the
high. But the Purple may have been the strongest Haze and got the top
prices. It also looked great.
Did eneyone ever hear the band the Original Haze? Jerry Miller from
the Moby Grape started the group in the 70's after smoking the
Original Haze in Santa Cruz. He loved the Haze and bought a lot!!!

-SamS

Freakazoid44

deZerTomB said:
I heard he put acid tabs in his headband, then let them sweat into his skin during a concert. Right ON! hehe. No wonder he lit his guitar on fire at the end.

Actually an interesting story about Hendrix, at the Monterey Pop Festival, he was going to smash his guitar, but the Who, who were supposed to close the set, got wind of it and cornered him about stealing their thunder and their trademark, so to speak, so he set it on fire instead.

Also, Farmer John, as far as being a bad blues guitarist before 1966, I'm not sure where you get your info. Hendrix was highly regarded as a talent, and was a very much in-demand session and backup band player. Hendrix was very insecure about his voice, however, and didn't see himself as a frontman until Bob Dylan was big, then he figured if Bob could do it with a voice like that, then he wouldn't sound so bad in comparison. Certainly, he wasn't lacking for playing ability or actual performance up until that point.

Another interesting story was when Hendrix was backing Little Richard in concert, and they were playing and the crowd started going nuts. Little Richard assumed they were digging him, but he looked around and there was Hendrix, playing with his teeth. Thinking about Little Richard's personality.... you don't upstage that guy at his own show. Little Richard had a conversation with the lighting guys, and for the rest of that tour, Hendrix was shrouded in blackness.

:whip:

WickedOne

Purple Haze

Purple Haze

Purple Haze is not around anymore but i'm sure someone can make something similar. I believe the potency is stronger now than before, but you will always hear myths about how strong the weed was back than. Yes true that it was stronger genetically back than, but growers didnt have the skill back than to fully exploit the plant. Now, is a different story. Growers have more technology on their side helping them to maximize the plant. Gotta remember back in 85 there was only outdoor till the NL crosses came around. Outdoor will never be as good as indoor unless its climate controlled. Controlling the climate requires heavy insulation and additional waste in electricity. That is why back than the pot was never as strong as it is now. The older fellas like to believe the pot was stronger so they have something to talk about, but common sense said its not possible. I smoked a fair share of pot back in the days, but as I get older im more immune to the thc. Maybe that is why people think pot back in the days is stronger? well whatever just my thoughts im wasted peace........... :wave:

GI- the Purple haze that 50 cent raps about is also called "pude"- Poo_day...I believe it's dominican slang for Chronic -so 50s from queens and is getting the haze from someone in harlem.

it May be related to the haze brothers( they weren't really brothers) from cali but ended up in the east coast. first in new york city, then to phili, dc, etc...it is sometimes lavender, rarely purple, and is def a haze, no doubt about it. The haze comes from florida and is always a little wet- maybe bacuse of the humidity , thus the amonia smell/ cat piss...this amonia smell combined with the smell of haze is how you know you are smoking the REAL nyc purple haze.it is usually chemy but rappers don't mind because they smoke them in Vanilla flavored dutch masters. The pude is distributed by Dominicans and sometimes puerto ricans in Washington Heights. For those of you not in NYC, that's Spanish Harlem/ Inwood. between 115th street all the way to 200 and dykeman. there are about 50 different corners you can go to get some "haze" or "purple" "pude" within spanish harlem. they are sold in $20 bags and the count is .8 g ....rappers love this weed but are starting to prefer the Sour Diesel. You may have heard of the rapper Cameron, he named his album " purple city" for harlem being the home of the haze. You can also hear benzino rap abot the sour all the time. It's really annoying. anyhow, the delivery services also sell the pude but in big nugs so yupies are willing to pay 300 for 12 grams!!! hope this info answers your question

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
If its being sold on street corners by a bunch of Joeys( runners, gophers, whateva)
then I doubt its the real ...anything, its just whatever is there at the time. It has all been explained way up there^^^^what the real P Haze is!

no- i respectfully disagree HG...the purple that GI was talking about is the purple haze from Harlem, new york city..the rappers purple haze.. the one that 50 raps about..this is different from the purple haze you and CBF and everyone else are talking about... only someone how's smoked pude from nyc can answer Gi question.I know what im talking about since i am in the nyc market- just like you would know more about street buds in england, right?

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Fair enough ,mate, but like u say, its a different one, so it aint THE purpke haze is it. just a shrewd bit of marketing. anyway, im not trying to be a dick,
Be lucky mate

G

ok....here is what it is.

*dips into big book of buds volume one for the backround.*

well in the 1970's two brothers growing herb in monterey, cali who were apparently known as the haze brothers wanted to get an herb that was good for their climate..an all sativa strain, composed of mexican/clumbian and some thai genetics..... though they met up with nevil before they retired... who made nevilles haze...- i got all the info here, i was paraphrasing, ofcourse....but all the info here i got from ed rosenthal's big book of buds volume one.

purple haze is justa potent, and purple hued pheno of haze...
the haze brothers haze cant be had any more unless you have an extremely close tie with them, or with someone whos tight with them,...i'm assuming ofcourse.

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
If its purple or blue its purple haze or blue rhino, those are street names for purple and blue buds. As far as the real Purple Haze....it's a song, nothing more. Purple buds are purple buds and purple acid tabs are purple acid tabs. I think we can all agree on this....I hope....

WickedOne

I never met a purple bud that had a good quality buzz that I enjoy myself. The potency is always a little weak. Maybe someone can that has experienced a potent purple strain can comment..