What's new

Will a street lamp HPS stop plant from flowering?

sativo

Hey folks, sorry if this has been asked but I need to know if one of those HPS lamp posts will stop plant/s from flowering. I found this great little isolated corner the only problem is that on the other side of the wall there is one of those lamps I read are HPS. Anyways, it will be very close to the plants like 10 feet at most, the good thing is that it is a very tall pole the light is very high up there? Can anyone help me out? thank you.

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
sativo said:
Hey folks, sorry if this has been asked but I need to know if one of those HPS lamp posts will stop plant/s from flowering. I found this great little isolated corner the only problem is that on the other side of the wall there is one of those lamps I read are HPS. Anyways, it will be very close to the plants like 10 feet at most, the good thing is that it is a very tall pole the light is very high up there? Can anyone help me out? thank you.
I'm afraid that any portions of your plant that are lit by a streetlamp even for a few seconds during the dark,would lead to either those parts of your plant staying in veg or growing male flowers.So would probably fuck up the rest of your plant even if it was budding successfully where the sreetlamp hadn't shone.
For example if the left half is unspoiled by nightlight it will bud fine but if the right half is in the light beam it will deffo not flower properly even if lamp was 20 feet away. The best you would get would be half a plant of good buds,with a possibibility of that all seeding up anyhoo. Which would be a major Pain! Sorry for bad news! JBo :rasta:

sativo

I'm going to have to venture into some crazy woods. I hope I don't get eaten by something or bit by a snake :puppydoge

Groucho

Any amount of light greater than that of a full moon interupting a flowering plants dark period will slow/stop flowering or herm.that includes streetlights,motion lights,car head lights etc. Good luck with the snakes.

Jon

I have street lamps that shine on my back yard. Last year, I just moved the plants at night. Every night. labor of love my friend.

my neighbor put a floodlight in last year halfway through flower. plants went back into veg what a fucking mess ruined ruined them and it wasnt that bright in my yard. dont waste your time unless you have a pellet gun.

Groucho

Shooting the streetlight is a bad idea. when they replace the bulb you going to shoot out again. just move location. hope yall were kidding
G

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
some of the hps street lights have ballasts near the bottom of the pole for service just find a way to break that ballast or the wire connecting the ballast to the lamp...

Ulysses

Yes, I was kidding... If anyone is going to spot your garden, it's going to be the municipal worker on top of the pole changing the bulb you shot out...

Is there a certain amount of lumens required to mess up flowering mj? How many watts are streetlights? I mean the pole is x feet high and the garden is y feet away and then it's some stoner trig problem and a light meter???

Latest posts

Latest posts