What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Want to harvest but potency seems low

sativo

Hey people, I haven't dried the herb properly but even if it hasn't been dried well it should still get you stoned with like 4 hits right? Well so far just a very euphoric feeling but way too weak to satisfy completely, should I do a propper dry and then try? Maybe the bud is too early? It's like 7 1/2 weeks in, I really want to take it down already. Could one more week really make all the difference? thanks for reading, any replies are really appreciated.

Cali smoke

I don't think the thc has turned psychoactive while it's still flowering, you should harvest then cure to get a better reading on the plant's overall potency.

look at the trichomes, and if they are the color you want, then harvest.

wygram

How are you drying it? Too high of a temperature can evaporate THC off. Boiling point 200 °C (392 °F)

All but the most stabilized strains are going to show variance in ripening times between phenotypes. So I wouldn't look too much into breeder estimated flowering times. The withering hairs should tell you when to start looking at the trichs to get the chemistry you want.

50 cloudy/40 clouding/10 clear gives me all the couchlock I want during the day. Other cola is going to go down at 50 amber/50cloudy or so.

dj digigrow

I think 7 1/2 weeks is too early for any strain..
but the the trics tell you when its ready.. get yourself a $10 radio shack magnifier and work from there...
you obviously have nothing else to burn and are a little anxious... :joint: been there, done that.. it will be worth it to wait..
have you flushed for 2 weeks already??

Last edited:

sativo

I've been flushing for like a week wich seems to have lowered the odor. By the way, it's 7 1/2 weeks of actual budding not 12/12

Wygram I just had left it out over night that's the only drying, btw can someone please tell me if it's normal to feel nauseous after smoking it like that? Plus it gives me like a strange head rush :nono:

Last edited:
Do you have any pics? I would also recommend checking the trichomes w/ a microscope, thats the best/most accurate way of telling when to harvest....

I've felt nauseous before too from smoking quick dried unflushed uncured bud. I think it has something to do with the chlorophyll still present in the leaves or maybe traces of nutes still in the buds.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
You're not dry enough for a legitimate test. Cut up a couple of buds into little peices, place on foil and put into an oven at 200 F for 8-10 minutes. Keep your eyes on it and pull as soon as moisture is gone.

If that's too weak, cut off enough bud to keep you going a week or two and let the plant mature.

Latest posts

Latest posts