What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I need some cheering up, 14 inches tall with microscopic side branches :(

sativo

So, I cannot believe how much one of my plants stretched after starting it in 12/12 for 2-3 weeks. I'm actually starting to worry about it's reveg process, I'm starting to think maybe it's stuck between flowering and veg. Ahhh, and those damn fluoros :bashhead: they couldn't penetrate leaves if they were clear, what a crappy experience this has been. :badday:

I can't wait till I get the money for a MH :mad:

How am I supposed to take clones from such a retarded plant? :spank:

Yes, it was partly my fault for starting it in 12/12 but if I would have had the propper amount of light I could have just vegged them all but I did not :violin:

Last edited:

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
Flowering Day 1

Flowering Day 27

Flowering Day 75

That was my last grow, my plants were straight columns. If you don't train them by topping or LST or something, some plants will grow a single column.

Do you have any pictures of your situation?

Edit: Can I ask why you're taking clones off a plant 2-3 weeks into flower?

Edit 2: So... did you go 12/12 from seed? I didn't get that at first, but I would assume it would be a more exaggerated version of my pictures depending on the plant. Those are under a 150w HPS.

Last edited:

sativo

Like I said I am *attempting* to reveg it. It's been back on 18/6 for close to two weeks and the stretch just kept going until like 5 days ago and the stems like like vertical branches and it's just really not going as i had planned :rant:

stealthballer

you clone before flower
save the clones then use the knowledge of the original plant to based clone keeping on

reveg is gonna do nothing but piss you off, let alone the fact that you flowered for a little while then switched back.

you also seem rather confused about lighting, pretty much floros don't grow as big or as fast, other than that light is light.

guessing this is your first grow, people tend to make crap more than it should be

Last edited:

sativo

I'm confused about lighting? Did you read anything? I am vegging so I can clone. And this is not my first grow. What just cause I don't have the money for big MHs and HPS :spank:

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
sativo I don't think you've explained your reasoning and why you're doing this enough for us to help, can you give us any more details? Why do you want to reveg? What's your plan?

What day did your plants sprout? What was the lighting schedule? How old were they whenever the lighting schedule changed?

There's absolutely nothing wrong with floros...

That's around 100w of cool white T8s, in my opinions CFLs will do even better.

Last edited:

sativo

I start my seeds in 12/12 so I can cull the males in a few weeks instead of growing 8 sprouts to 5 weeks big, I don't have the light, the time or the patience... Well anyways, I culled the male this particular variety gave me one female out of like 4 sprouts, I have many different kinds cause I'm always looking for diff bagseeds. So, I removed it from the flower box and under the blue light for 18/6, and it stretched ALOT still, even now it's still not fully vegging I think, I don't know how I could think that the plant would be ready and vegging again as soon as I switch the light to 18/6 lol
It's like 5 weeks old now, 3 weeks in 12/12 and 2 weeks in 18/6 it's like 14 inches tall from the cotyledons up, with like 11 nodes, (she's a big girl) but with tiny side branches wich my light can't get to cause the fluoros are too far and this plant has very thick dark green leaves, makes it hard to penetrate, thanks for helping me.

Last edited:

irconfused

If I am understanding correctly you are trying to re veg on an 18/6 cycle? If so I would recommend going to 24/0 In my experience the plant will respond much quicker, and since they should already have a healthy root system you don't need the dark time.

Also imho unless stealth or very small size are priorities there is no reason not to get a hid. I can appreciate you not having enough money so heres your solution, get a credit card put a 600hps on that with mh conversion bulb, then once harvest comes sell an eighth here and there and boom you have a free 600 and much more good (less fluffy) weed!

And as the poster above me said, train them!

sativo

Heh, I just thought it would stop stretching as soon as I switched the light schedule, but it stretched an dit stretched and stretched a bit more and here I am. Thanks for the advice on the cc thing that's a little too risky for me though.

Last edited:

stealthballer

sativo said:
Heh, I just thought it would stop stretching as soon as I switched the light schedule, but it stretched an dit stretched and stretched a bit more and here I am. Thanks for the advice on the cc thing that's a little too risky for me though.

revegging plants that you start on 12\12 is stupid(no offense)

you are asking for hermies, they aren't gonna stop stretching like instantly.
when you switch to 12\12 on normal vegging plants they don't sprout buds over night.

veg like normal for a few weeks then switch, you will still cull males and your yeilds will be greater.
As far as your lighting not being able to support large yeilds, read some threads on training your plants and you would be surprised at what floros can do.

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
{I don't have the light, the time or the patience... }

:badday: shame patience is what it takes to learn. i grew up hearing good things come to those who wait son !! or or lol my fav out deer hunting patience son where gonna get a deer :muahaha: . but anyways do some reading on fluro and or cfl growing, i veg under 420w in mixed color CFL's and get very very nice results my gallery speaks for itself. and as for reveging brotha patience is the name of the game there i've personally had clones take 6 wks to root in the bubbler and another 3-4 wks to grow prim and proper leaves. just wait your prolly in for single prong leaves. these will happen for a short time then proper leaves form. growing from 12/12 then reveging prolly dosent have alot of rootmass so 18/6 i would do. heck 18/6 is the only veg cycle i use i need sleep so dose my plants :) to form roots and exchange energy stored between leaves and root system. read read then read some more

knowledge is power power is knowledge g/l