What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I don't want to waste time growing the lesser yielder

sativo

Hey, so, as the title says, I have some plants that are short and bushy, I have others that are tall with very minimal side-branches. I'm using CFLs. Now, knowing how poorly the CFLs penetrate the canopy, the short and bushy one would be better for me wouldn't it? I just wondered at times, what would be better SOG or SCROG and it seems they are both good, but I think the answer to that question changes depending on what type of light you are using. Using CFLs, am I right to assume that SCROG will yield more? I just don't see how a bunch of CFLs over the top of a roughly 3 foot tall SOG could yield more than a 1 foot tall SCROG, again, using CFLs. Thanks for any replies all.

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
LST for sure, plus SOG is a waste of time tending and watering all those plants. I can get more from one plant, properly vegged and LST'd.

The best most potent plants get my nod, regardless of yield. It's strictly quality, not quantity. You need to grow em and smoke em before determining which are keepers.

If you want a serious solution, ditch the CFLs for flowering and get at least a T5, but I would recommend a HID light.

Latest posts

Latest posts