What's new

question about bloom booster

zingablack

livin my way the high way
Veteran
hey is miracle grow bloom booster any good i just started flowering about 2 days ago. i want the best for my girls now i now its not ideal but its just about all i can find around here

heres the link

bloom booster

G

Well it is 15-30-15, Very high on the Nitrogen and low on the available phosphate and soluble Potash.

Scott's is a damned fine company and i use some of their products outdoors (expensive shit) But they aren't in the business of formulating for pot growers. There are more than a few that do though and you would do well to patronize them. Hell, your plants will show their appreciation and flourish when you do it right.

General Hydroponics Kool Bloom at 2-45-28 works very well for bud set and resin build up. It only takes 1/4 tsp added to each gallon of your already mixed nutrient solution. Usually twice, around week 5 and 6 of flower but not later IMHO

I like it and it goes a long ways. Be cautious when growing-----------more beginners have: 1. Over watered 2. Used questionable soil 3. Over feed 4. Can't stop messing with them. 5. Used whatever they had around without considering the plants needs. Those are but a few.

Go to an online hydro store in or around Indiana and order it. Twenty Five dollars for a one and one half pound tub of powdered product.

Peace and Humongous Buds 2U

TyStik

PS: Continue your Grow nutrients for 12 more days then go to Bloom Nutrients, your plant will grow substantially in 2 weeks and needs more N during this period. IMHO

T

trich-zilla

Then look for something lower in Nitrogen, but higher in the PK. 0-30-30 for example.

G

Indiana isn't at the North Pole, you could hop in your car and drive to the nearest town that has a shop. Use the bus if you are too young to drive. Shit, I drive 48 miles RT to pick up my equipment and supplies, some even drive further.

Come on you can do it-------------

TyStik

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
Does anyone know what is in a lot of those bud enhancer formulas? They always list nitrogen, phosperous and potash, but could there be somthing in there other than what is listed on the label?

The reason I ask is because I just bought 'Crazy Bloom'. It's good stuff and seems to work very well, but it states it increases resin production and metabolism. How can it do these things when there is nothing else on the label other than the norm? They are expensive as hell and it makes you wonder if you can get the same results by just adding more phosperous or potash in the same ratio's.

I thought I would ask here as it pertains to budding formula. Hope it doesn't seem I am stealing the thread. If so, let me know. I smoked a lot tonight and it isn't mixing well with my meds. A little hazy and confuzed to say the least - sorry to ramble.

TGT

G

The make up of fertilizers are required to be posted on the label. Go to: wa.gov/agr/ and research your question for the straight skinny on what is what. Hope this is helpful for you.

TyStik

zingablack

Veteran
if i had the money to afford the gas i would go but it is not feasible at this time. what do you guys think its the best bloom booster to get at like home depot or wall mart

G

Zingablack, I have read all of your posts/threads and come away with the conclusion that your knowledge of pot growing is limited or non-existent, as well as a lack of funds to make it work. Study hard and learn the basics before asking questions about those points not clear to you. The experienced folks will be more than glad to help you build on that gained knowledge.

Excuses accomplish nothing, if growing pot was that easy______________(you fill in the blanks.

If you can't afford gas how do you expect to afford the inherent costs of a grow????

TyStik

zingablack

Veteran
i have a vast amount of knowledge its just its my first full indoor grow so i have never had to deal with these things the only parts im hazy on is nutes/spotting deficiancys sp but other than that im pretty smart about it.

just figured it out to sum it up i have a lot of book smarts just not the experience of previous grows

also my GR has only cost about 30-50 bucks to set up. its amazing how cheap you can live when you have to i found the lights all power stuff a humidifyer a smell system all i have bought is a hygrometer, clone powder, pots, and dirt

sativo

I'm using that same fert (15-30-15) some say it has too much nitrogen but I don't know cause my plants yellowed alot, maybe it was just magnesium and/or over-watering. I think it's problably the best stuff you can get at the local store, the reason is because it has most of the necessary micronutrients that the plant needs in flower. There are other ferts but this one has the micronutes and is strong so you don't have to use that much, but to be honest with you I'm not too thrilled about the results I got with it. I bet you an expert grower could do magic with it though, think about that.

zingablack

Veteran
i am by far no expert its only my 2nd grow but i dont want to keep using just water i feel its not doing enough

2buds

Use the store nutrients at half ratio's. If it says 1 tsp/gal use a 1/2 tsp/gal. Its better to under fertilize and increase things slowly than to screw your soil up.(in pots it happens quick if you over fertilize)
I like to use plastic shelfs to raise my pots a few inches off the floor so if I have a lot of run off my pots don't sit slightly submerged in the water. Air to the roots.

15-30-15 is not considered a bloom booster by any means. It's just a standard bloom fert that lots of people use to grow all sorts of flowering plants. Will it work for weed as a bloom fert which I think is what you are really trying to ask? Hell yeah it will. I used peters for a period of time thanks to uncle ben and I grew some great weed with it and was almost the ratio. Is it the best for weed, probably not, but it will work. Look up Norther farmers stadium grow and he grew some pretty amazing weed grown with peters as well. I know the fert you are talking about is not peters, but it will do if nothing else is available.
Peace out.

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
I used Shultz Bloom when I ran out of regular stuff and was suprised by the results. Just make sure you use half the dose for regular house potted plants and go up from there slowly. I think out of the Home Depot stuff the Shultz seems to be the best. Forget MG, although I have heard people do well with that too - so really I guess it depends on the dosage you give. In the end it's all nutrients.

TGT

zingablack

Veteran
i just found some of that at a store close to my house well anyway im going out tonight to get it. PEACE ZB