What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Search For That Special Mother....

SoColdIvGonNumb

Many strains have been gathered together in the eternal quest for that oh so special mom.. First factor to me is potentcy so I've gathered some of the heavy hitters have been brought in. Next factor I'd say would have to be yeild and growth speed, there's no point in wasting money on something that just wont perform commercially as well as medically. And the last factor that will be considered is the final taste/smell, so fruity are abundant in the mix.

Anyway, on to the contestants -

First what we have is a couple of crosses I've done -

Subcool's Black Cherry x (BOG's Sour Bubble Bx2 x BOG's Lifesaver)

Ya gotta get excited when your baby's got crystals already!

Rezdog's Sour Diesel IBL x (BOG's Sour Bubble Bx2 x BOG's Lifesaver)

Next up, a few strains I've gathered from my fav seed company yet DNA..

LA Confidential (OG Kush x Afghani)

Look really close, yes that's crystal..

Kushberry (OG Kush x Oregon Blueberry)

From DNA's west coast company Reserva Privada
Purple Wreck (Purple Urkle x Arcata Trainwreck)

Next up from my 2nd fav seed producer, Rezdog

Double Strawberry Diesel (Kushman's Strawberry Cough x Sour Diesel IBL F2's)

On to Sour Chunk, a cross of Sour Bubble and Deep Chunk created by Pillso acquired through Bre*dbay

Impressive, but considering the lineage..

From Sensi we have Ed Rosenthal Super Bud, I haven't really heard much good about this strain on the forums except it yeilds good.. That's disappointing considering the price. Wish I would've gotten G13HP instead!

And last, but not least Sour Bubble BX3, they're supposed to be from BOG, but I got through BCBudDepot so the lineage is questionable from what I hear, but all I can do is grow 'em and see. There's no mistaking it!

Out of all these I'm really hoping to find one that's oh so very special and considering the genes I figure I'll have a good chance.. *CROSS FINGERS*
I wouldn't mind finding a couple nice males outta the mix as well to make some seed for the future.

BUDDY BOY

I thought was my laptop......

Loooks like you have a lot to choose from..... Hope you find tha diamond in the rough!!!!

Im thinking you prolly know what yer doing... but in case you dont, please dont go dumping nutes on those babies to try and get them to green up...... unless you wanna kill them.

Good luck

SoColdIvGonNumb

The yellow's just from the HPS light, I've got them starting in my flowering room due to lack of space. I know there's a setting in my cam to get rid of the yellow, but i forgot how to use it. :p No worries tho, my babies dont get any food til they loose their food leaves. Then they're going into hydro @ 450ppm, flooded 2-3 times a day.

Bud Meister

I bought 10 Dr Chronic's MP5K seeds about a year ago. I ended up with 9/10 males. I got 1 female out of 10 seeds. At first I was dissapointed. However this one female is my best clone mother now.

I never hear much about this strain so either its highly under rated and undiscovered or my luck was not so bad after all and I got a female that is just better than average for this strain.

Hey dude, great collection, i've got some purplewreck flowering atm out of 13 beaners i got 11 that germ and 8 female from all, then when i was flowering one of them turn out to be a transvistite(female w/ male pods) so i got 7 strong female flowering and they all look great. Most or all of them look to be the same as in there's no sat/indi dominate showing. I have a grow but its not really updated because i dont have any pix of it but will let u know how everything goes.

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
I'm sure you'll find a few good mothers in that selection and that resinous seedling looks promising.