What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Very Low Potency Indicas?

Mr_Micro

Alright guys n' gals, this is probably going to sound really crazy, but I'm looking for some really low potency indica strains and I could use some advice on the matter.

The reason why? I'm an old timer who hadn't smoked in years and my last grow was the first one I had done in ages. I grew out DJ Short's True Blueberry, Sensi Seeds's Skunk #1, and Serious Seeds's Bubblegum. I let them all go for 65-70+ days until about 50-60% of the trichs were amber, harvested and cured the buds for a month or so, and then... and every single one of them just overwhelmed me and gave me anxiety attack when I tried to smoke them! I mean seriously, 1 or 2 hits and I was sweating buckets, feeling really panicked, and feeling really nauseated.

Way back when I used to love smoking the ganja, but my last grow left me with piles of herb that I had to give away because it was waaaay too strong for me to smoke and gave me anxiety attacks.

I really love growing though and I really want to try again, but this time I want to go with a very low potency extremely mild indica strain that hopefully won't give me panic attacks after just a hit or two. I'll only be smoking once ever two weeks or so, so yeild is not a concern at all.

Right now I'm thinking maybe I should go for Big Bud or some Ruderalis hybrid but I could really use your advice on this one! What is a really low potency mellow indica strain that won't wreck the brain of an old timer like myself?

Thanks and hopefully someone can help me out on this one :)

Last edited:

BUDDY BOY

:pointlaug ha ha.... seems like that is a hard question... especially with everyone working towards more potent herbs... You will prolly get off better looking for the stuff people didn't like and bam.... some nice "weak" smoke, "nice weak smoke" That just don't sound right...

Good luck...

G

Somablaze (Wallyduck?) Blackberry, it's an all day smoke and good to blend to reduce anxiety

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
stealthballer said:
just chop earlier than that, hell only flower for 30 days and most strains will be just to your liking.

The high would be inferior, more heady than body, and at best won't produce headaches.

I'm not saying it can't be done, just that it's a pity to grow top notch genetics and end up with schwag.

The great thing with potent weed is that it requires less to get you where you want to go. If you say the strains you grow were overwhelming, then perhaps you were overdosing?

I believe it is erroneous to say that certain types of weed produces anxiety or panic attacks. The anxiety and panic is a product of your psyche, it is your life that causes it, the cannabinoids simply trigger certain emotional reactions and have a tendency to amplify them. Just as you can get terribly sad and existentially depressed, you can break out in uncontrollable laughter. You can't really say what way it will swing, it depends on a number of factors. The mood you're in at the time, or whatever good or hard times you're going through.

I have a friend that was a big time smoker through his adult life. As he came into his mid 40's, his professional career collapsed, and a mid-life crisis followed. He became dark, despairing and occasionally suicidal. Slowly by slowly he had to stop smoking weed, because now, for the first time in his life, the highs brought along full-fledged panic attacks. He wanted to smoke, tried to smoke, but he couldn't.

Another friend and big smoker quit a steady job (and a well-arranged life) to pursue a dream to become a composer. He has had some success, but nevertheless, it is hard work, and he never knows when the next pay check's going to land. His relation to Cannabis has also changed. He smokes the same strains as before (the ones I grow), but he now often feels anguished when high, and basically only smokes when he's composing.

I can't help noticing that people's relationship to Cannabis often change with their general mental state.
On thing is clear, people with a frail mental health or psychological problems generally do not fare well from regular Cannabis use.
There are certain indications that very potent weed (15% THC and up) can trigger schizophrenia in individuals genetically prone to develop schizophrenia, and it could be a triggering factor in other mental disorders as well. Hard to say, since the inner vaults of the mind is still much unknown territory, and main-stream research has a tendency to make facts fit with anti-cannabis propaganda.

If I were you, I would experiment with dosage, and make some rules. Only smoke when you're feeling good, and not when you had a miserable day.

chaingmai

maybe try a sativa if indicas are to heavy, Although i personally trip harder (as do most) on satavis. Grow out a nice one and smoke 1 hit at a time. I mean with a low tolerance 1 good hit of potent homegrown is a good dose. I also agree with rosy in that psychedelics amplify feelings and behavior weather your felling good or bad. I usually fell pretty blessed so i smoke all the time and fell even better!!

_irie

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I believe the problem is that what you call potent indicas arent really true indicas. You have identified what you wanted, an indica. Try an Afghani or Black Domina. Potent, but not in the racey way. I have to be carefull what I smoke, as any sativa influence in the plant and I feel panicky. Psyche or whatever, any sativa in a plant and its just no good to me. Just because something like bubble gum wins an indica cup, doesnt mean that its pure indica sadly.

Lowryder maybe...?

Lowryder maybe...?

Right now I'm thinking maybe I should go for Big Bud or some Ruderalis hybrid but I could really use your advice on this one! What is a really low potency mellow indica strain that won't wreck the brain of an old timer like myself?

http://www.salviaonline.co.uk/lowryder.htm

Lowryder is 100% stable and reliable in its properties, a product of nine generations of selective breeding, and is non-deviant and hermaphrodite-free. Lowryder claims direct descendance from superior William’s Wonder and Northern Lights no.2 indica, while keeping the identity
of its third, more exotic ruderalis-type ancestor a secret.

Lowryder has Ruderalis in it, and has mild potency at most. It is known for a very pleasant, mellow buzz. It is autoflowering, goes from seed to harvest in 8-9 weeks and finishes up at about 12 inches tall. Because it flowers on it's own, cloning is an impractical method of propagation. You'll have to make your own seeds if you want to grow it again, which isn't necessarily a bad thing... One seeded female will produce hundreds of seeds. The average yield was about 5 to 7 grams if I remember correctly, with some people pulling 12-14 gram plants.

I would imagine you'd have to grow several Lowryders to find the amount of females you desire, seeing as how they only yield a few grams each. Fortunately, takes only 8-9 weeks to fully mature... And it's inbred as well... You only need to cross just 1 male and female from a pack, and you'll have hundreds of stable Lowryder seeds to play with.

I've seen several people playing with LR and theres actually some interesting possibilities... Crossing some LR to your favorite strain, for example, OG Kush. Find a good specimen from the cross, say... a plant that retains a lot of the taste and strength from OGK, but finishes several weeks earlier from the LR influence. Or if you wanted to make an autoflowering version of your favorite strain.. hybridize and backcross to Lowryder... The autoflower will stick after 3 generations. You see what I'm getting at, there are a lot of possibilities.

If you're interested, go ahead and look at MDanzig forum right here at ICmag, he specializes in Lowryder crosses. I bet theres tons of LR info there... and I'm sure if you shot him a private message, he'd give you all the info you wanted about Lowryder... and Lowryder hybrids... maybe even get you a special price.
http://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65560

alright thats enuff typing... im so stoned off purple kush... hope what I typed helps... or at least makes sense, lol..

stoned regards, cvs

Last edited:

stealthballer

Rosy Cheeks said:
The high would be inferior, more heady than body, and at best won't produce headaches.

I'm not saying it can't be done, just that it's a pity to grow top notch genetics and end up with schwag.

security has forced me to chop at 30 days and it was far from schwagg.
matter of fact I was shocked how good it was. I smoked other people out and no one said a word about it either. It didn't taste all that great though.

G

id like to second the lowryder. you have to smoke a lot of that quite often for anything resembling strong. not to knowck the strain, as it has its place and its uses. just if you're looking for a low potency indica thats the ticket.

HerbanGrower

I know plenty of smokers how have stopped due to anxiety.. Aye everyones relationship with our sweet plant is very personal and individual.. i third the lowryder strain for you my friend.. as far as pure indica hmm.. im guessing its the High THC % making you uneasy, nauseated maybe even hot flashes, sweating.. i know this one! lol i get this when i smoke about a gram of good hash to my head from a bong ( my tolerance is a little high right now =p) anyways! what you want is weed with high CBNs as these are the calming properties that mary jane provides, most purple indicas are high CBN low THC not sure about lowryders ratios.. and yes! cooking with pot definitely works for these issues! the problem is for me.. you dont get the high THC but you do get the intense CBNs and i just pass the fuck out.. no pot smoke can do this to me! only when eating it.. ive never felt anxiety from ingesting pot.. i can imagine this would happen if you ate say.. a an oucne or 2 of fresh bud off a plant

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
indicalover said:
Would cooking with it give a more relaxed high?

Only if you have the dosage dialed in. There's another ceiling in consuming Cannabis that goes beyond that when you smoke. If you overdose and get a panic attack, you won't snap out of it half an hour/hour later. It goes on and on for hours.

HerbanGrower

Yeah.. i never make food from buds.. i can imagine these types of foods having much more THC than my trim edibles. i used to eat these things called leary biscuits? i beleive.. anyone remeber these? its just a cracker some butter or cheese and about .2-.4 of bud one or 2 gets you loaded.. easiest stoner snack ever! you have to cook em =p

I'm gonna throw a third vote in for lowryder. I'm a big fan of the plant itself but the high was very subtle.

I've been crossing LR1 for a few generations but every once in a while i'll throw the original back in there. I find that no matter how much I smoke it retains the subtlety. I find myself thinking along the lines of.. "hey didn't I just smoke a joint??" and commonly forget that I'm even supposed to be high. It always helps for sleep though.

C21H30O2

I have ridden the mighty sandworm.
Veteran
you don't need a weaker strain you need a strain with a high that is more to your liking. There is this idea that all weed is good weed... well to an extent that is true but some far outshine others... and heres the kicker, it differs for every person. some like to sweat and feel their heart beating a 1000 times/min. some like something so stoney you cant think or move and even breathing is an effort. your gunna just have to search through some genetics. don't get too down there is a strain out there for everyone, maybe more.