What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Leaf colouring during Veg

SmellyJon

Does anyone have any experiences with plants that show colours in the fan leaves during vegitation.

The reason i ask is that i have an F2 skywalker female and she has red preflowers (not very special), but she has red fan leaves that turn green later :chin:

Heres a pic

My camera is garbage and my not be with us much longer :mad:

It looks purple but belive me it's bright red, so are the stems and the preflowers. I know it takes some of it's parentage from blueberry, but i have only had dark purple or very dark blue colour varients and this only occurs in mid to late flowering. Oh and i've grown far too many blueberrys.

So any pictures of plants with strange colours during veg would be very much appreciated. Or even experiences with odd colours during veg.

Thanks
Smelly

valk

Your plant looks healthy enough to me, I'd say it's probably genetics. Maybe some other skywalker growers will know.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I'm sure I've heard (that's the disclaimer) that it can be a sign of nitrogen being on the lower limits of acceptability, but your leaves are green so it aint a problem, try checking the problem solver. Although personally I dont think it's a problem.

SmellyJon

Thanks Valk
I belive it is genetic, but very unfamillier to me the original petioles were red. Here sisters are traditional giant green skywalkers ( they really are very big). I hear of old school US weed with colours in there names. Was that genetic colouring or fancy sales talk?
I am currently doing a lot of research into fan leaf traights and any input is helpfull. I'm keen to keep this plant, but if the traights are fairly common it shall be launched from the end of my long pointy boot.

P.S. I don't consider it a problem as the plant is very healthy.

Sinfuldreams

Basement Garden Gnome
Veteran
Skywalker is a Mazar Cross

Skywalker is a Mazar Cross

Mazar will show Purple to red Stems and leaf stems.
If the others where BIG GREEN and this is the Only Red One.
I'd think it was a Mazar Phenotype you have there.

Course I'm willing to be proved wrong.

The Colors in Names is both Marketing and Truth.
Remember even with Stable Crosses you'll get a few Phenotypes
you didn't count on.

By the way how do like SkyWalker?
I been reading Mixed reviews.

Sin :yummy: