What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A "True" Blueberry Sativa

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
I have been growing Blueberry for some time now.I try to grow a few Blueberry clones and several seedplants in each grow to continue looking for standout plants.
In some of my first Blueberry grows I was able to find 2 very nice females and 1 super-sticky-stinky male.I used my male and made seed with both of these females.Since Blueberry is a stabilized hybrid these seeds are basically the same as their parents.I'm actually finding a higher percentage of quality plants(highly resinous,vigorous and odorous) in this generation of seeds.

I'm trying to grow out 20 to 30 seedlings with each grow now.This allows me a better chance of finding standout plants in the population.I have found a few special individuals so for.All have been very uniform with the typical Blueberry odor ,growth and leaf structure and are that nice dark green color.

During this grow I have a plant that has popped up in the group that is completely different from her brothers and sisters.I have read about the sativas that occasionally pop up in the Blueberry population.I had one a short while back that showed some sativa in growth pattern and was headier in the high,lower yeilding but a nice plant overall.But you could still see the indica in her with no problems.

This new plant seems to be almost all sativa in her traits looking completely out of place with her sisters.Thin leaves,much branchier profile and much slower to flower are things that really stick out like a sore thumb.The only thing that "does" say Blueberry is the odor which is unmistakeable.

I am going to post pics of her through flower for anyone that might be intrested in her growth.I did keep copies of her but only have plans to grow and smoke her at this point :wink:
I have some pics of the plant alone and beside some of her sisters.
Take care everyone...................................CC
First pic is of her flanked by 2 of her indica sisters

Now a few pics of her alone

Now for a few pics of her indica sisters for comparison.

Any comments are welcome and encouraged..........................

G

That looks amazing!!!

Finding a male with the same traits and putting the two together you'd get your own blueberry sativa seed line since it is so stable...

KEEP THAT THING FOREVER CAPT!!! Figure BB is 80/20 sat so that makes a 2 in 10 chance of finding here multiplied by how many seeds 1 plant makes (few thousand)....very slim pickings mate!!

Congrats on a great find and a great looking plant!

G

WoW, You got lucky and got that special one in the BB jean pool. She does look totally different from her brothers and sisters. Good luck on that one CC. I'm sure she'll do you right. I'm curious if the buds formation is going to be tight and rock hard or airy and fluffy.
Take care

Capt. Crip

Veteran
Whats happening

Whats happening

Hey Danimal,I've grown a bunch of Blueberry's and never seen any like this.I wonder if I will see another.

GDW,the buds are very airy compared to the other plants.Nothing like it what so ever.They are way behind also which leads towards sativa.She is showing resin early so thats a good sign.I will get some close-ups of the buds on both plants(sativa and indica)for a comparison.

Fredster,the sfX BB project is going in the other direction.Towards the SF......
The 2 different seedlines I made are the 2 I have offered at SB.Thats where the plants pictured came from.(Crush and Pure lines)

Well Fredsters post dissappeared,,,got your answer anyway.........
Take care fellas....................................CC

G

I deleated it because I saw the line that said "just for smoke now' & i thought it was a redundant post - thank you for the responce - U kow how much I look up to your work /

Your BB x sativa looks very hot -

Reeferman has a B.B.Sativa pheno & crossed in Romulan - I have some in veg right now - but so far I don't see any real dom. sativa influ.

Good to here where Ur going with SF as well - I am still very intrested in it;

PNW_grown

Veteran
Blueberry sativa

Blueberry sativa

Hey Capt, pretty much all the blueberry beans of yours that i have popped, always look the same, there has only been one that showed a lil sativa side compared to the others. All my BB's looked like your indica phenos, but this one was different from the rest, but did stay low and squat.... here she is/was....

BlackHaze

Capt. what lines make up ur Crush also will u be putting the Sativa genes n2 ne of ur current works? i.e. crush, SF x BB, Blue Afhgani etc...K.O.K.O.(Keep on Keepin On) BH

P.S. Check for my PMs ...Thanx

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
LOL, I almost did a double take then with the avatar I used to use blackHaze...i thought, I dot remember posting this??, hehehe.

CC, that plant looks wonderful mate, so different to the other 2 youshowed her with. I bt your eyes glazed over when it dawned on you what u had found!!!

G

Capt.
I am currently blooming a Dp-White Widow and a DP-Blueberry side by side. The leaf structure of the two look similar, but not like your sativa one. But mine does not look indica-like either. I will have to get a cam perhaps and try to get some shots. She is a branchy version and I finally found one cloone that took off staright up instead of the usualy nodes going up-left than up-right, alternating. Quite nice and a bit branchy. I am going to follow your thread as I want to learn more about this strain myself.

Avid

G

Hey there capt looks killer ..some of the thai parents phenos making a come back..take good care of that gal shes a winner...very healthy ladies i loves it...

take care
greenfriend

G

Dp-Blueberry

Dp-Blueberry

Capt Crip,
Here are a couple of pics of my Dp-Blueberry pheno in both veg and bloom

This pic is in bloom with DP-White Widow on Left

Avid

Capt. Crip

Veteran
Avid learner

Avid learner

Plants look wonderful.I hope you find a couple of killers in the mix.
The DP White Widow is quite nice if you find a good one.It's not quite the same as green house but it is very close and probably just as good if you find the "right one".I had 2 out of my pack that were awesome.....One like pixie stix sugar candy and the other classic WW.That was quite a while back but I still remember it as extremely potent smoke.Very thick frosted white buds that were truly white with glands.
Good luck and keep us posted............................CC

G

I grew out two of the WW and kept this one for the resinous nature and the smell. The BB I took the first good looker. What do I know. It branches a lot or it can be a single cola. Ut has a nice Bluebery taste when properly cured after about three weeks. Very nice high. The missus loves it. I like to mix, BB and OB in the same bowl. I call it froot loops! wink. Hurry someone cross OB with BB and make me some froot loops. LOL

Avid

Latest posts

Latest posts