What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I think I am getting bored

S

strain_searcher

Because now I want to start making my own strains. Can you people here at Icmag give me like 5 strong points to remember when first starting. :friends:

G

Capt;Cript: gave me the advice to pop the whole pack of seeds looking for parents / by not U reduce Ur chances by 50% of finding that special plant for your program

I would check out Red's postings of DJ shorts new book

G

Fredster said:
Capt;Cript: gave me the advice to pop the wole pack of seeds looking for parents / by not U reduce Ur chances by 50% of finding that special plant for your program

I would check out Red's postings of DJ shorts new book

If you have the room I hate to say it but for most strains 2X packs is what I have been doing for quite a while. Lately do to room constraints I have done one pack each of a couple. But Fredster is right, do your research, pick what you like and grow at least 10 beans. If you get any full blown Herm's I would choose another breeding parent.

ES

S

strain_searcher

I lack the room but I hope this sour bubble seedling I have is a male so I can pollenate some plants. Any advice on how to do it the right way. i have heard like 10 days into flower the female is ready and for males when pollen sacks open.

G

Typically by week #3. You can keep them together and get a shitload of seeds, or isolate the male and collect the pollen, which can then be selectively placed on individual budsites.

ES

Sinfuldreams

Basement Garden Gnome
Veteran
Your not Bored

Your not Bored

You just figured out, you get both Males and Females.
Might as well learn something right!

I think I made seeds my 3rd grow... It worked.
Have seeds, but I havent growen em out.
That wasn't the point.
Just wanted to see if I could.

when you find a Daddy and a Momma.
You could put em in room or Bigger Rubbermaid. Away from your main Flower room. I used cmfs to finish the Males Flowering and Put the Mom in the Rubbermaid a few days after.

Shook the male a little gentley. Pollen fell on to paper plate and I used a small Paint brush to brush the pollen on too a few branches I marked with a Tag.

Left the Mom in with the dad for like 2 days. took the mom out and Sprayed it with a Light Coat of Water. Put her back in the flower room with the other Females.

I got seeds Only on that Plant and only on the Branches I Pollenated.

Just an experiment. It worked.
Now thats just makin seeds.

Breedings a different game altogether.

Read
Ask Questions
Read
Experiment
Find out what you Want to Aim for.
Try it.

Your not bored just growing as a Grower.
Best of Luck.
Sin
:wave:

S

strain_searcher

Thanks Sin ,sounds like a plan. Im already thinking of some nice mixes.

Hooked-On-Grown

Veteran
excellant advise there Sin! :yes:

Making seeds for you and friends is one thing. Breeding to make money and great strains is another thing. I have been through 70 Mazar seeds and plan to buy at least 100 more while in A'Dam on 4/20. Out of the 70.....only two remain behind. Alot of room....or at least.....alot of time if space not allowed. Like mentioned above...... grow out a 10 pack or so......keep the best one. Grow another few packs out.....pick the best one.....so on .....
After a few times of that....select the best one from the ones you kept behind.
As far as making seeds......its easy. just start playing around.......

Hooked-On-Grown

Veteran
If you are selecting the best of the batch of 10 at a time. Then you did that ten times....you would have one from each batch which would give you 10 total. Your final selection will be one 1 of the final 10. That is if you do not have the room to grow out 100 at a time. Your objective is to select the best plant out of 100.
OK..... Make that two ......1 male ...1 female.

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
"select the best and reject all others".........

"select the best and reject all others".........

...........Some intelligent fella once said :wink:

Yes,plant as many seeds of a givin variety/strain as you can possibly handle for the best selection.
NO MERCY on the weak and feable :eek: With an iron fist you must rule!!!!!

Take care.............................CC

G

:wave: I resemble hearing that! :smile: Good to see ya post Capt; I have been thinking about you & all your girl friends that must be just about ready by now/

Take care & may u always be blessed with good K

S

strain_searcher

Well due to lack of room I will just have to do 10 seeds of 1 strain and select 1 male and 1 female. But who know I could get a nice cross. Also I am working on getting pollen from friends. Thanks for all the amazing info.