What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OgersKush S1

G

I'm very dissapointed. For some reason I had a germination problem and only got 1 plant; and now that I'm ready to flower I notice lots of MALE pre-flowers. :chin: Anybody know what method was used to self this strain??? Any one else have this problem? :confused:

King

Uh oh.

I didn't have the best results germing either. I'm pretty sure I have a male also. Maybe ORGNKID didn't use STS. I was thinking he had though.

G

I got the seeds from Cali Kush/SD. I had read that there might be some misrepresentation in regards to the parentage of the strain, but figured that at least it would be a potent female that I could have gotten clones from. Now I'm back to square 1 - 3 mos. of growing down the drain and all my plans ruined. :bashhead:

glasspackedbowl

Medical Test grower. Inquire within...
Veteran
i totally hear that over the years I have gotten some Orange crush. Killer stuff Its like one hit/bowl and your done. U didnt want any more. I had been lucky enoug to get 3 seeds out of the last stash I got. These were special too cause they were strawberry orange crush. All 3 of my seeds died at the earily stages. I was totally bumed all that work down the drain. But at least it wasnt 3 months. Hey better luck next time ok dude

GreenGrower

CosmicGiggle

I have some of those seeds, I planted 6 seeds got 6 females. nice & lush :canabis:

The only seeds that are not S1's are the banana kush according to the site.

I'm Happy :yummy: :yummy:

JLP

Veteran
For all the agricultural advancements and science we have,we still know very little about how a seed germinates.We know exactly what takes place,but the "how" remains a bit of a mystery.

It's not uncommon to see several people using the same germ method and achieving different results.Many times these threads descend into the "You just don't know how to germ" argument.
Germing seeds isn't nearly as difficult as some people make it out to be and there is plenty of info available on how to do it..Mother Nature has no problem germing seeds that have been outside on the ground all winter.
But for whatever reason,sometimes seeds just flat wont germ for some people and they will for others.A seed is a chance,not a guarantee.

I've read and seen a lot about femmed seeds and I've grown 3 different femmed strains.In order to make stable femmed seeds you must first start with a rock solid female from a stable strain.The problems occur from using a single female elite clone where you have no selection.This is why we see hermies,males and phenotype variation.

JLP

G

Good word JLP... "A seed is a chance,not a guarantee."

Soooo... has anyone had success with this strain? What are the chances of finding a pheno that is representitive of the clone mom?

JLP_ great words....Youor right one elite clone with pitfalls..

BUt on the OG KUsh S1 from SD.. I have found 3 males out of 10.. The rest are all Gals and look-smell- and seem- the same... ]

I WAS FLAMING MAD..I was soooo upest- but held my mouth.... They almost mated a flowering room full of many strains... Not goood...

Sauce

G

ps. I see the OG kush bid up to 155.00 @ SBay? & it sells for 70.00 on SD - am I missing something or.....does some one not go to SD?

(JLP - Ur a hero of mine here)

G

thanx for all the responses

thanx for all the responses

hmmmm- I seem to have created a confusion here. It's not the poor germination of the seeds that has dissapointed me, I can deal with that and it's probably no ones fault. The only reason I mentioned it was as an explanation of why I had only one plant and my attachment to it. What concerns me is that it appears to be male. As I recall in the past that CW/OG poster eXe/hibe said that he had never gotten a male in all of the (hundreds?) strains that he tested using his eXe solution. So, what method was used to try and reverse the sex of the Ogerskush? Anybody know? And, has anyone done a comparison of the 3 methods - eXe, Country Mons STS solution and stressing the mom? :chin:

Bigmone357

Best time to germinate is wait til spring set the pot on your porch or in yard (spring sun&rains help alot bring pots in at night for security or when ready for sprout to go under Indoor Lights)seeds in dirt less fingering the seeds the better the air temp & all factors perfect for germinating i usually get 100% germ that's how I do the most important seeds (most expensive).God is the best germinator I find it more difficult to germ in a Man made environment too warm Or too wet etc. thats just me though hope this helps. I also found that fewer hours of light during germ through the first week or two will give more fem to male ratio lower temps with high humidity & more blue light will also give a higher female to male ratio in early stages.

JLP

Veteran
I grew 3 fem. Blueberry Sativa from RM seeds.I got one solid female,one solid male and a fem with mucho late forming bannanas.
STS was used to make the seeds(STS and eXe are the same thing).RM told me that he never saw a male in those seeds before and had no complaints.
I can tell you from my own results that plants selfed with STS will sometimes throw males or hermies.
If you take an un-stable or un-tested clone or strain and apply a chemical to cause it to become a hermaphrodite and then use the pollen on the same strain you will get mixed results.You may get lucky,but don't be suprised if you see males,hermies and variation.

JLP

Bigmone357

Fredster said:
ps. I see the OG kush bid up to 155.00 @ SBay? & it sells for 70.00 on SD - am I missing something or.....does some one not go to SD?

(JLP - Ur a hero of mine here)
It's called good Karma & Gypsy and Seedbay deserve it :wink: .

aTm

i germed 3 seeds and got 3 females and they look really good ...

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=9689

i don't know about this whole ORGNKID thing ...but the plants are growing and they are female ...

a selfed plant isn't always going to produce only female seeds. There will be male genetics in many of the hybrids out there ....that's how they produce male pollen at the end of the flower cycle. Then you take those genes put em' in a big mixing barel and there you have it: some seeds get a bunch of male genes ....it should, however, only be a small portion of the stock ...maybe 1/10

i was also wondering if there was any connection to the PSM / Weedzilla thing over @ CW ...aparently PSM had a fake clone of the OG and was selling it .....claimed he told everyone when he found out about it ... and was willing to give a refund. Then he ran oft ..from CW ...

but for the record STS is not a cloning method...seeds can never be clones ....on the flip side ..your plant could be better than the clone ....if it got multiple copies of the better gene ...increasing it's frequency in the gene pool...

Growdoc

Cannabis Helper
Veteran
I have tried Skunk Kush got 4 females out of 7 seeds, but the weed was laughed at and the clones didnt stand uo to normal comerical growing...

G

Ogers Kush S1's

Ogers Kush S1's

I got the same seeds from SD, Ogers Kush S1 by CKS. Started 8 seeds and all 8 germed, I got 5 females out of 8 seeds ,. I got one that's a real stretcher and the rest are rather bushy I attempted to top them in veg but I think I missed.

So far they are growing wonderfully and have a nice strong scent to them. I have to say they have the fattest leaves I've seen yet.

Looks promising.

DS

Latest posts

Latest posts