What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trade wars here we come

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I watched some Fox news today, talking with Rudy.... they seemed a little off color?

i'm starting to think that Rudy has some holes in his brain as well.
every time he opens his yap, Trump looks worse than he did before. and THAT takes some doing, lol. maybe it is deliberate? even Trumps fans at Faux News look disturbed at some of Rudy's "explanations"...:biggrin:

igrowone

Veteran
i'm taking in the 'collusion is not a crime' defense
i'll leave the legal consequences for the justice department
but is a public acknowledgement of using Russia as a campaign aide?
who wants to explain why this is something you want in your president

Gry

Going from 'there was no collusion, to collusion is not crime', is enough to suggest there is an awareness that the candle is getting short.

R

Rubber Chicken

NO collusion.... Collusion is not a crime.... Depends on what the word 'is' is

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dershowitz has been saying that collusion isn't a crime since the beginning. The only place where collusion is illegal is financial crime, specifically in anti-trust law.

R

Rubber Chicken

It was a reference to Bill Clinton :redface:

Tbh i suspect that the reason Trump always said 'No collusion, no collusion, no collusion....' is more from fear of being shot by one of his majorly disgruntled 'patriotic' voters, than any legal happenings.

Gry

Dershowitz has been saying that collusion isn't a crime since the beginning. The only place where collusion is illegal is financial crime, specifically in anti-trust law.

There have been other legal luminaries with an opposite position.

A more consistent position by the administration would have served them better.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
dude rives! that article is funny as hell, do you realize how much meddling and spying Israel does in the US? they have a huge lobby which has practically dictated US foreign policy for years. there is some very revealing footage that was recently exposed how much meddling the Israel lobby actually does all over the world. they are even better at it then the US it's self.

Gry

Did said luminaries happen to cite the statute in question? To my knowledge, you cannot prosecute someone for something that you think should be illegal...

And then, of course, we have precedent as recent as this - https://www.jpost.com/Blogs/The-Vie...rference-into-Israels-election-process-389858

As to the legality of the issue, I think the administration's evolving position demonstrates they are less than comfortable with betting the farm on it.

Interesting link. Brought to mind the successful overturning of an administration in Canberra. It's what we do, it is who we are.

ambertrichome

Veteran
It aint gonna be collusion.

Charges will be conspiracy, obstruction, money laundering, hacking.

“The legal term for working with Russians to break the law isn’t collusion,” Mariotti told the Daily News.

“No one actually knows what (collusion) means, and that’s part of the issue,” he said.
While collusion is difficult to contextualize, conspiracy is a clearly defined legal term meaning an agreement between two or more individuals to break specific U.S. criminal law.

“For example, it’s a federal crime to knowingly and willingly accept a contribution from a foreign national for a federal election campaign,” Mariotti said.

Trump could, for example, be found guilty of conspiracy for allowing Russians to funnel money into his campaign.

President Trump’s ex-lawyer Michael Cohen claims the then-candidate knew of a June 2016 meeting between his son, Donald Trump Jr., son-in-law Jared Kushner, then-campaign chairman Paul Manafort and Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya, who promised “dirt” on Trump’s Democratic opponent, Hillary Clinton.
Ohlin said that Trump wouldn’t have to have been in the meeting for him to be found guilty. “You don’t have to be very involved. You have to agree. The crime of conspiracy is to agree and someone has to commit an act in furtherance of the conspiracy,” Ohlin said.
He added that the outside entity does not have to follow through on its promise for the conspiracy to exist.
“Even if a Russian lawyer doesn’t provide what they promised, it doesn’t make a difference,” he said.
Trump could also be found guilty of solicitation over a 2016 speech at his Doral, Fla. resort, during which he implored the Russian government to hack Hillary Clinton’s email server.
"Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” Trump said. “I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press. Let’s see if that happens,” he said in the speech.
In that case, the conspiracy’s target crime would be hacking.
“He was soliciting someone to engage in computer hacking. And even if someone doesn’t end up doing it, you are still guilty of solicitation and there is an argument that the speech alone violated Florida criminal law,” Ohlin said.
“It’s not the agreement, it’s the asking.”:woohoo::woohoo:

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
dude rives! that article is funny as hell, do you realize how much meddling and spying Israel does in the US? they have a huge lobby which has practically dictated US foreign policy for years. there is some very revealing footage that was recently exposed how much meddling the Israel lobby actually does all over the world. they are even better at it then the US it's self.

As to the legality of the issue, I think the administration's evolving position demonstrates they are less than comfortable with betting the farm on it.

Interesting link. Brought to mind the successful overturning of an administration in Canberra. It's what we do, it is who we are.

I don't recall saying that Israel hadn't done similar actions - I just find it a wee bit hypocritical to start hyperventilating about election interference by a handful of Russians on FaceBook when the POTUS sends his election team and US taxpayer dollars into a foreign nation in order to directly manipulate an election.

Colonialism at it's finest...

Gry

I don't recall saying that Israel hadn't done similar actions - I just find it a wee bit hypocritical to start hyperventilating about election interference by a handful of Russians on FaceBook when the POTUS sends his election team and US taxpayer dollars into a foreign nation in order to directly manipulate an election.

Colonialism at it's finest...

It is who we are.
No administration has been exempted.
There was that one which tried...

[YOUTUBEIF]IZWLpl9oQqs[/YOUTUBEIF]