What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

vaped bud cannabutter potency

Dallas Conner

Funny. I tried this with about a half pound of vaped weed a few weeks ago. Did my usual simmer for 14 hours, strain and would have gone on to chill, separate, rinse and repeat but somehow, don't know if it was because the starting material was much finer than usual or if it was because I was too high, but when I took the pot out of the refrigerator the next day to pull the solidified coconut oil out, there was about 1 teaspoon, instead of the normal 8 ounces. No idea where it all went.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I tried once to re-wash and chill material that I had already squeezed out the butter the first time. There was very little remaining the second time to draw off butter tht had remained in the material. I did not add any, just wanted to see how well the squeezin in the cloth did.

Did you cook off all your oil somehow? I measured my butter after the last batch and lost 140 grams of butter or so, during the complete process. That was from a lb of butter to start, heated with water.

igrowone

Veteran
i see the percentage of water in butter to be 16-17
so losing some weight from your butter seems reasonable
but having the bulk of your coconut oil going awol, that's hard to explain
boil over seems the best guess but that much would have left a large mess

Latest posts

Latest posts