What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2017 could this be the answer?

WelderDan

Veteran
What I find interesting is that people figured out alcohol prohibition did not work and it was better to tax and regulate it.

But this stubborn refusal to do the same with cannabis makes no sense.

Anslinger, Hearst and DuPont pulled one hell of a con job.

WelderDan

Veteran
Alcohaul wasn't taking away from the profits of the puppet masters...errrr, big pharma I mean...

Big Pharma had nothing to do with it.

Anslinger needed a scapegoat for his political aspirations. Hearst had vast timber holdings for his newspaper business and hemp was a much cheaper and easily renewable resource compared to pulp wood. DuPont had just invented Nylon and wanted to sell lots of rope.

Doctors actually prescribed tinctures of cannabis prior to all the Reefer Madness.

Big Pharma would happily sell cannabis derived medicines if it were legal. They can't even properly research it.

Follow the money. Who benefits from prohibition? Cops, the Prison system, the DEA. And they are still using the same old Reefer Madness techniques pioneered by Anslinger, Hearst and DuPont to keep the cash rolling in.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Which lobbyist is behind it ? What is their track record?

if i'm not mistaken, a GOP politician from Virginia is the person who put this in play, not a lobbyist. :woohoo: if Trump was to support it, would the Democrats risk their political base just to try to deny him a "win" ? i sure as hell hope not...

WelderDan

Veteran
W

We Wait

Harry J. Anlsinger represents Mellon Bank that represents Monsanto/Dupont that represents Bayer and that is big pharma.

You are leaving one out. The oil and gas companies. Remember, Ford was growing automobiles from the ground and the oil companies put a stop to that and history shows it.

W

We Wait

These states are the ones who have been using their own police force to put people on probation. I have never seen a cop arrest people for cannabis with a DEA badge on. These arrest are done at the state level. The state will never give up the industry of prison and probation.

Easy7

Veteran
Ever read what bills get introduced?

The most crazy far out shit that nobody shows up to listen to.

It's going to take a massive movement within Congress and with a Presidents pen.

I don't see any great things doe the next 4 - 8 years. That's a long time to serve!

WelderDan

Veteran
Harry J. Anlsinger represents Mellon Bank that represents Monsanto/Dupont that represents Bayer and that is big pharma.

You are leaving one out. The oil and gas companies. Remember, Ford was growing automobiles from the ground and the oil companies put a stop to that and history shows it.

To go from Anslinger to Big Pharma takes some pretty heavy mental gymnastics. Prior to the end of Alcohol Prohibition, Anslinger didn't think cannabis was a problem. The Bureau of Prohibition (headed by Anslinger) was under the Treasury department. After Prohibition ended he needed a new gig. Andrew Mellon (Treasury Secretary and his wife's uncle) appointed him to the newly created Federal Bureau of Narcotics. At that time, the trade of alcohol and drugs was considered a loss of revenue because, as illegal substances, they could not be taxed.

Like I said, Anslinger went after cannabis to further his political career. He didn't "represent" Mellon Bank.

As to the part about Ford growing automobiles from the ground, and the oil companies putting a stop to it...

WTF does Ford (growing automobiles from the ground?) and the oil companies have to do with cannabis prohibition? If History shows it, I'm sure you can provide some information.

WelderDan

Veteran
These states are the ones who have been using their own police force to put people on probation. I have never seen a cop arrest people for cannabis with a DEA badge on. These arrest are done at the state level. The state will never give up the industry of prison and probation.

I'm not sure what exactly you are getting at, but you are demonstrably wrong.

W

We Wait

Anslinger and Mellon bank are in bed together and a little research will show you it. It's one giant circle jerk.

What the fuck does the oil co's and hemp being banned have to do with anything? Well gee sherlock, he was making cars out of hemp in 1938 and running them on hemp fuel. Soon after he is told not to do it anymore and now we have 60 years of cars being made from steel and running on gas. Just put them together.

No dude. It's the state and local cops who arrested 17,000 people and put them on probation to be drug tested for weed. No DEA agent was involved in those 17,000 arrest in my state and that was just last year.

They are addicted to their drug war and that is the bottom line.

W

We Wait

I don't know what you are getting at Dan but you are wrong and little bit of research shows it. If you don't want to take the time to do research then that is your problem. Also those two stupid pictures does not mean anything to me.

WelderDan

Veteran
Anslinger and Mellon bank are in bed together and a little research will show you it. It's one giant circle jerk.

What the fuck does the oil co's and hemp being banned have to do with anything? Well gee sherlock, he was making cars out of hemp in 1938 and running them on hemp fuel. Soon after he is told not to do it anymore and now we have 60 years of cars being made from steel and running on gas. Just put them together.

No dude. It's the state and local cops who arrested 17,000 people and put them on probation to be drug tested for weed. No DEA agent was involved in those 17,000 arrest in my state and that was just last year.

They are addicted to their drug war and that is the bottom line.

Henry Ford designed his car to run on ALCOHOL, and he was not making them from Hemp, it was wood. He used the scrap WOOD to create a new industry, charcoal briquettes.

I agree they are addicted to the drug war, or specifically the funding and asset forfeiture. And the DEA does indeed arrest people for pot.

Oh yeah, Anslinger died in 1975

WelderDan

Veteran
I don't know what you are getting at Dan but you are wrong and little bit of research shows it. If you don't want to take the time to do research then that is your problem. Also those two stupid pictures does not mean anything to me.

I think it's you that needs to do a little research. I can back up my statements.

Those pictures show the DEA busting people for weed.

Now lets see some evidence of Ford running his car on Hemp oil. I'll wait.

Ready4

Veteran
Could be an answer in a common sense country. But we do not have common sense & decency in charge, we have the Regressives with J Sessions as the AG & The Insane Pile of Defecation in the White House, along with the rest of the Regressive backwards clowns ( such as Rep. Steve King (r) Iowa). They will certainly not use common sense, something that is foreign to them.

Latest posts

Latest posts