What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

State of Michigan law makers become felons!!! So Proud

mowood3479

Veteran
ive been following the med scene in various states around the U.S.
It's not looking good for anyone at this point... The anti cannabis people have a game plan and its to regulate the snot out of everything.
Unfortunately that type of tactic seems to be very effective

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Our community is so fractured from years of being victims the powers that be just roll right over us.
Getting petitions for the ballot? Change the rules.
Caregivers tryin to follow the rules? In comes SWAT to destroy everything then see if you are in violation..I could go on

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Wtf is going on man. I get that we are to be regulated like colorado did but my question is how long do we got before this is in full effect?
Just out of the senate. Nov 8 is Election Day. Time to remove everyone who voted yes on this... On the plus side LEO is against it cause it cuts into their cash cow MMMA

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Wtf is going on man. I get that we are to be regulated like colorado did but my question is how long do we got before this is in full effect?

Well it still has to be approved by the house and then signed by Snyder. At that point it would become law after 90 days. Once it becomes law there is a 360 day waiting period before any applications will be accepted.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Funny I went into my second dispensary the other day, spoke of seed to sale and all the workers there had no clue what it was.
I said "You will"

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

It wont be anything like Colorado.
You see, Coloradans voted in a Constitutional Amendment to protect the Rights of individuals. Individuals 21 & older can grow 6 plants at a time at home without asking anybody for permission.

It's the closest, in the nation, to actual legalization.

MIway

Veteran
Well it still has to be approved by the house and then signed by Snyder. At that point it would become law after 90 days. Once it becomes law there is a 360 day waiting period before any applications will be accepted.

Can u say fast tracked, under the table, we r gonna fuck u, hard... Say my name baby, say it... That's right, say it sloooooow... (Ssssssnnnnnyyyyydddddeeeeerrrrrr)... Oh yeah, thats how i like it...

Passed out of the house, already, going to the sick fuck governor for signing.

CG's cant play, go figure

growingcrazy

I will be having a conversation today about the bills in current form with my state rep. I am pushing for collectives for us small guys, I suggest others try the same.

MIway

Veteran
Waxy... Will admit the new bulls open up a lot of other possibilities, no doubt about that, assuming one can get approved. The board is going to be all powerful, so they can even deny apps simply on the grounds that they dont consider the app of good moral character. What is that? Entirely up to them to define. I wonder if any of the existing dispos will get approved... I mean from the perspective of a republican appointee... They were all running an illegal business despite court rulings attempting to shut them down... Is that good moral character? From a republican's perspective? That wants one of his good buddies to open a business instead of...? It can get pretty dark pretty quick, and the law just outlines this is all good in da hood.

Crazy... They voted it out of the house already, talking to the rep for help on a collective...? What could they possibly do at this point? The law basically outlines this possibility anyway, just that each memeber would have to be an owner applicant, and have to go through the board for approval. And would not be able to sell direct to patients or other cg's... Only to other processors or retailers. Have to operate as a business entity and be subject to all the rules. Dec 2021... That will be the very end of cg's, imo. id love to bitch to the guy, but just dont see what can be done. The boat is afloat, cant redsign the hull anymore.

Guyute54

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just wondering how this affects Caregivers? maybee I'm not understanding the new amendments fully. Seems the amendments are more geared at the dispensaries. Or is this the start of taking away the caregiver and just having the dispensary taking care of the patients?

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Just wondering how this affects Caregivers? maybee I'm not understanding the new amendments fully. Seems the amendments are more geared at the dispensaries. Or is this the start of taking away the caregiver and just having the dispensary taking care of the patients?

It is generally looked at as the start of the end for caregivers and home grows. The dispensary interests obviously would rather not have competition. The state obviously gets no tax revenue from cg to patient sales. The police obviously want a steady stream of easy revenue from arrests/civil forfeiture.

As far as directly affecting caregivers through these bills I would say it only affects a small percentage, those that supply dips with product which while illegal is fairly common.

shaggyballs

Veteran
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts