What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto flower in the north

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
This auto Euforia was put in the growing area on it's third set of leaves and has been there at 18/6 ever since.
The reflector is set up as a reverse cone, the top foot of the plant is in the 'hole' and does not burn and the secondary colas are getting 950 umol for the next foot and the 396 watts of sidelights are feeding ground level buds at 350 umol.

This is the fifth autoflower tested and I am amazed at the size. All the others are 80 days or less and much much smaller.
This may be an anomaly as it was only a single seed. When the next nine show up I will know if this is a true auto or not.

Fingers are crossed, half my summer crop is in the Euforia basket.

Last edited:

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
The smallest I grew came in at 11" yielding 24 grams.
The 14" yielded 63 grams.
The 16" yielded 48 grams.
And the 50" plant looks to yield just over 150 grams.

None of them matched the information in the box with the picture, most exceeded the size and yield. The auto Euforia merely said "high high yield", all of them began budding well within the first month.
The smallest was grown under 250 watts mostly T5.
The largest was grown under 996 watts, mostly 10,000K HID.

81 days now on the Euforia, book calls for 70-80. It may be done in 90 days but I am guessing 100. Critical mass called for 56 days, took 71 days. These two took longer, the other two were in the advertised span.

I included a full picture and then four are sideways starting at the top. Not sure how it will turn out when posted.
Nine more auto Euforia's have sprouted, 83 degrees outside yesterday. No shed needed to make it dark, all 21 hours of June daylight will be used.
On the cautious side, the last frost usually happens the last week of May, in 2015 it frosted June 8. Short window for outside growing, every minute counts.
The picture I posted with two inches of snow on the buds, that was August.

Attachments

• Auto Euforia at 81 days looks to have two to three weeks left.  The breeder calls for 70-80 days.jpg
    Auto Euforia at 81 days looks to have two to three weeks left. The breeder calls for 70-80 days.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 63
  • First.jpg
    First.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 59
  • Second.jpg
    Second.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 58
  • Third.jpg
    Third.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 55
  • Under the rest.jpg
    Under the rest.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

yotonyo

"My Own Variety" F5 29 day outdoor. N62

"My Own Variety" F5 29 day outdoor. N62

Seems to bee easy chose best individuals further processing from this group...
Last five day temperature have been about night 4+ to day 13+ Celsius degree. Wild speed have been something 15-25 meter per second. Little storm..
picture.php

yotonyo

picture.php

picture.php

Nothing special but I'm satisfaction this moment results because the weather has been very rainy and air humidity has very high all time. Many others have lost their crops to mold disease. Forecast promises better weather in August than what July was. I really hope this is true :)

Hermanthegerman

Veteran
Hello, thank you for informing very much! I wish you a good harvest in the future. I was fascinated, as I was new here, of the nordic growers! :tiphat:

Tynehead Tom

I've only got one auto flower going after culling some non performing auto betty warp (ancestral seeds). All my other plants loved the organic mix I stuck them in them in and thrive during the first couple weeks indoors. They either didn't like the outdoors or the soil.
anyhow, from Afterthought Autos, I have 1 Azure Rocket female from a group of 4 seedlings started JUNE 7 , today(7weeks) she is about 16 inches tall in a 2 gallon pot and has been flowering for at least a couple weeks now. Trichomes are starting to develop nicely and she has a real nice sweet smell going on.
i'll post up here again when she is ready to harvest and throw up some picks.
I'm at 52.5 N in western Canada , about 950 meters above sea level (2850 feet)
I would grow these again going by what I am seeing right now.

C

chris harris

I'll give you all a good laugh. Go ahead, cause I do every day I see these.

Don't look too bad, eh?
picture.php

Until you see how big they really are! HAHA.
picture.php

About 6- 7 inches tall! Started them at the beginning of June, so they are approx. 60 days old. Smells nice, very sweet, just not much there. Can you say " stealth" ? LOL.
I've never had much luck with auto, looks like it continues. No big deal, they were freebies.

I'll give you all a good laugh. Go ahead, cause I do every day I see these.

Don't look too bad, eh?
View Image

Until you see how big they really are! HAHA.
View Image

About 6- 7 inches tall! Started them at the beginning of June, so they are approx. 60 days old. Smells nice, very sweet, just not much there. Can you say " stealth" ? LOL.
I've never had much luck with auto, looks like it continues. No big deal, they were freebies.

Why so small of pots? Next time plant / transplant them in a much bigger pot. They flip to flower mode faster if the roots fill the pot. Most plant seed right into final pot or transplant to final after about 3 nodes. That's why they are so small. Should smoke just fine.

C

chris harris

Hey guys, thanks for the suggestions. Only have so much room in my seedling area for popping seeds, there was no way I could start these seeds in anything much bigger. I think what screwed me was they went from 24 hr. light, to outside where they received 16 hrs., with only 12 hrs. direct. they started to flower right away when they were only a couple inches high. Once I seen that, I wasn't going to waste any time, or soil up potting them. Ran a Dinafem auto ( cheese)last year in a 2 gal pot, and it only got about 12 inches high.
Like I said, no big deal, was just chucking some freebies, wanted to see what auto's were all about. But, again, thanks for the suggestions.

yotonyo

2018 outdoor season latitude 62

2018 outdoor season latitude 62

picture.php

My own breedings. Damm looking good. After this season I have made stabilized F6 -generation haze#1 based AF strain which blossoms to final end. Even in poor summer! What is most important this strain withstand against to diseases very good and give good harvest :)

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
77 days from planting and the Auto Lemon Skunk is harvested. Not cut down or anything, just trimmed while in the container. I wanted pictures and the plant was small enough to trim quickly.

I am sticking with the original guess of three ounces or less.

I am dead tired, spent all day trimming the plant. Tomorrow it will get cut up and hung and I will have a pretty good guess as to the final weight.

The last picture is Auto Euforia, it should be at least half again larger if not double at harvest. Not in this thread though.
I just got a boner! Well done :tiphat:

Koondense

Veteran
Wow yotonyo,
amazing photo :) looks like a forest of huge cannabis trees :D
Very nice uniform plants also, congrats!

Cheers

DsourDog

View Image

My own breedings. Damm looking good. After this season I have made stabilized F6 -generation haze#1 based AF strain which blossoms to final end. Even in poor summer! What is most important this strain withstand against to diseases very good and give good harvest :)
Looking beautiful

yotonyo

Longest male is now 150 cm. Not too little for AFs? :) I update pictures this month. Yesterday I removed 17 plant which dont`t succeed comparison to others

Latest posts

Latest posts