What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seeds, Soil and 16 Square Feet

Siskiyou

Veteran
LC@60 days flowering. She is duller white over all today, less sparkly. Close. I don't wait for amber on LC since she seems best when milky white.
picture.php

Siskiyou

Veteran
Sooner than I had expected, I put 5 Black Triangle seeds into a shot glass of water.

Black Triangle is (Triangle Kush x 88g13/hp hash plant)

picture.php

Last edited:

Bmac1

Veteran
Black Triangle is definitely on my radar as well. Nice and heavy night time smoke. The type of weed when people are staying around too late and you want to shut it down. Pass one of those around and all of a sudden people are nodding off in the kitchen. Party stopper kush, lol.

Siskiyou

Veteran
I debated with my self which would be next, Black Triangle or Lotus Larry. I still haven't grown anything from the Snow Lotus father, and I sooo want to, but BT won the debate easily.

Siskiyou

Veteran
After 24 hours in water, each of the 5 Black Triangle seeds was planted in a 3.5" square container of lightly moistened Pro-Mix HP. Three of the seeds had already cracked open a tiny bit and one even had a tiny nub of tap root showing. It's on!

The Lucky Charms came down at 61 days flowering.
picture.php

picture.php

Just a touch of Fall color on a few leaves. That's the most colorful LC has been for me yet.
picture.php

Siskiyou

Veteran
Black Triangle first up, just 52 hours after going into Pro-Mix, 76 hours after going into water.

picture.php

Siskiyou

Veteran
That LC looks ridiculous, I can see why you'd keep it around. Good stuff going on in here.

She IS ridiculous. This last round has a much more pronounced aroma of chem/fuel and is more resinous, too. Stoked. Dry flower shot soon. Thanks.

awesome grow looks like you should be able to yield a little more your quality looks on point for sure

Thanks, Bro. I'm still learning it's true. Also, my practice lags behind my knowledge. The current grow reflects what I knew at least a few months ago. Also, I tend to contemplate changes a while before implementing them. Based on what I know today, I should be feeding my worms bokashi compost and growing in no-till beds using blumats and a living mulch.

Right now I'm trying to work out a system for growing no-till flowering bed and having space to look through new seeds. a 3x3 bed in one corner of my 4x4 tent would allow space around two sides for pots holding seed plants, while the bed would be for 4 well-trained, fully vegged clone plants of known genetics. I would use blumats, top-dressing, and a living mulch of clover and/or other plants. Realistically, however, a 3x3 bed in the center of the 4x4 tent might work best but would not leave enough quality space around the edges.

I'll get there.

Siskiyou

Veteran
72 hours after going into pro-mix, 4 of 5 Black Triangles are above ground. I think the fifth will be up soon.

I have been using "seed plant", "cut" or "mother" where appropriate instead of "pheno" but that is admittedly less sleek and convenient. The worst part is the easy-cool term "pheno hunt" which would more correctly be a "geno hunt" but that sounds horrible. "Mother hunting"? nah, that sounds like a euphemism for something else. It is the need for just such a term that has caused the incorrect usage of "pheno" to grow. Somebody needs to coin a new term or rediscover a lost one. What have you got?

Lol... I no longer know how to describe what I got :laughing:

^black triangle

Really digging your thread brother... Keep it up

Siskiyou

Veteran
It may be best to just roll with the current usage of "pheno" since it is already so widespread. What bugs me is an imprecision in thinking that the term causes, so I won't use it personally, but I don't mind if others do. I know what they mean. For me the important point is that odds are there are just as many different genotypes in a bag as there are seeds, and each genotype could result in many different phenotypes depending on environmental factors.

For myself you will see that each Sunshine Daydream has it's own name (SD1, SD2, SD3, SD4) and that each one is unique, even though they came from the same parents (they are sisters). I will discuss the characteristics of each plant on its own terms rather than saying I have four different "phenos" and trying to figure out if they are the same as some other "pheno" held by someone else.

There are, however observable traits that sometimes come in clusters, and certain sisters can be very similar sometimes, leading to the perception that they are the same "type". We can have certain expectations about the traits of the plants we will find, since the possibilities are any combination of the traits of both parent plants, including one's that were not expressed because they were recessive. so, if you want the Sunshine Daydream with the rancid butter profile it is tempting to use a handy term to discuss the potential combinations that can result from two particular parents. That is where the term "pheno" is so easy and currently only replaceable by a string of adjectives or individual names as far as I know.

Sorry. I need some coffee.

Last edited:

Siskiyou

Veteran
This morning still 4 out of 5 Black Triangle above ground. I will give it a few more days before I give up entirely. If that 5th seed is a no-show, my germination rate with Bodhi seeds will be 19 out of 20.

At 56 days flowering, all four Sunshine Daydream plants look like they want to go at least another week. SD1 looks like she might finish a day or two ahead of the others.

Siskiyou

Veteran
Sunshine Daydream at 58 days flowering

SD1 showing milky trichomes is very close
picture.php

SD2 close-up
picture.php

SD3 top has a runaway foxtail
picture.php

SD4
picture.php

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hear tales of dried bud shots of the LC?

Maybe you think it's a bit early for that? I don't :D