What's new

Lots of vapor vith the Volcano but very little effect, wtf ?

The Boys

The first time i tried a volcano i hadnt had any weed in months, i had two bags and it gave me a nice effect but that was with 0.3gram in the chamber. i also remember the vapor was so thick that it gave me a very dry throat. but now i have bought myself a volcano and its not giving me a notable effect, iv had like 0.4gram and im feeling nothing woth mentioning.

im letting the unit warm up fully, im letting the fan run for 5 second before each vape, im holding my hits in for 15 to 20 seconds each, im running the thing at a high temp (8 out of 9) to ensure effecient vape rate, im evenly speading the bud over the screen, im finely grinding my bud and im using good bud but still no effect , i thought vaping was more effecient, im getting lots of visable vapor and im using a top of the line vaporizer. whats going on ?!? could somone give me a reason why im not feeling any effects ?

purple_man

Veteran
high bro!

if i remember right, the volcano needs much longer then 5 seconds to fill up the balloon (if its the stationary model) -> i'd recommend you just let the fan blow till the balloon is filled...

blessss

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Ive used 3 different vapes and have never got the slightest head change from any of them. Maybe the lack of smoke has a psychological effect.

I run a volcano and I like it more than my old trustworthy bong. Trick is to pack the chamber with lots of herb and run it hot. Mine is at 6.5-7.0 on the dial. First couple of bags are real smokey and it gets me really medicated :)

The Boys

i let the fan run for 5 seconds first to heat the air a bit ( as recomended) before putting the chamber and the bag on the volcano and staring to vaporize.

BudToaster

Veteran
the vapor high is different from the smoker stone. also, less is more. it is easy to overload the receptors with too much vapor over too short a time.

but i don't know the volcano personally, bags just don't appeal to me.

b8man

Veteran
Try running barely enough weed to cover the screen at 5.5 - 6. Do a couple of bags, reload, do a couple more bags. Then you'll be at a typical vape high which is generally more heady than when smoked.

I've played with putting more in and running it at different temps, but 5.5 - 6 with very little weed has the most effect for me. Also strains play a huge part - indicas are my fave for my volcano.

In my experience, the vape is a nice addition to the arsenal of ways to gets cannabinoids into your system - but it doesn't adequately replace the experience of smoking.

Amber Trich

wow i get so super stoned on volcano vapes...

its way efficient, I use a tiny fraction of what i would normally smoke in a joint

set at 360 degrees

could it be your tolerance to that particular herb?

Green Supreme

Veteran
I like the volcano best at 6. The vapins from the volcano seem more subtle than other forms. Have seen many a person leave the environment they were vapin in, to be found looking for their keys etc, even though they are in their hands. I think if you feel you are not high, possibly you have some preconceived notion of what the buzz should be and are disappointed when it is not. Vaping is a different mode therefore hits you differently than smoking. Kinda like eating cannabis goodies is different. Good luck. Peace GS

ps. 8 and 9 are too high, puts you past the vaping point and closer to combustion

T

Truthman

The first time i tried a volcano i hadnt had any weed in months, i had two bags and it gave me a nice effect but that was with 0.3gram in the chamber. i also remember the vapor was so thick that it gave me a very dry throat. but now i have bought myself a volcano and its not giving me a notable effect, iv had like 0.4gram and im feeling nothing woth mentioning.

im letting the unit warm up fully, im letting the fan run for 5 second before each vape, im holding my hits in for 15 to 20 seconds each, im running the thing at a high temp (8 out of 9) to ensure effecient vape rate, im evenly speading the bud over the screen, im finely grinding my bud and im using good bud but still no effect , i thought vaping was more effecient, im getting lots of visable vapor and im using a top of the line vaporizer. whats going on ?!? could somone give me a reason why im not feeling any effects ?

You need to use much less than .4 grams. You want the air to circulate in the bowl so the temperature can be at the right temperature for proper extraction. .10 grams is all you need. If you add too much the temperature will be too low for thc to extract efficiently. Just add more if you feel you need more. Also, you need 3 bags to extract all the thc if you are going to vape at 8.

Also, when the temperature is that high you don't want to let it go for 5 seconds because you will lose too much good vapor. Also, you can lower the temperature to 7.5 and do 6 bags. The vapor won't be so harsh.

immaculate

Maybe this is why? http://herban-legends.net/vaporizer-shmaporizer/

Current vaporizer technology leaves lots to be desired.

I mean seriously, a whole fucking discussion on how to properly manipulate the bowl so that the right amount of heat touches the right amount of weed for the right amount of time and then you have to finesse and finagle and rake the ground bud...it's all so tedious, impractical, and ultimately ineffective at this point. Time, practicality, etc. Just not worth it. In my opinion. Official studies (linked in that post) confirm that the volcano is less efficient in delivering medication than smoking a fuckin' doob. Peace.

But since no one told you: You need to heat that Volcano up to at least setting 7 and then torch 5-6 bags. Then you'll have not only decarboxylated the medication but actually inhaled it as well...

T

Truthman

Maybe this is why? http://herban-legends.net/vaporizer-shmaporizer/

Current vaporizer technology leaves lots to be desired.

I mean seriously, a whole fucking discussion on how to properly manipulate the bowl so that the right amount of heat touches the right amount of weed for the right amount of time and then you have to finesse and finagle and rake the ground bud...it's all so tedious, impractical, and ultimately ineffective at this point. Time, practicality, etc. Just not worth it. In my opinion. Official studies (linked in that post) confirm that the volcano is less efficient in delivering medication than smoking a fuckin' doob. Peace.

But since no one told you: You need to heat that Volcano up to at least setting 7 and then torch 5-6 bags. Then you'll have not only decarboxylated the medication but actually inhaled it as well...

It takes some knowledge because it is new, and also it is more accurate then smoking so you need to do certain things to make sure the heat stay where you want it. Smoking can be different temperatures throughout the hit, which is why some people get higher then others based on how they light & hit the bowl.

All studies have shown vaporizers are equal to or better then smoking to extract thc as well as cbd, & cbn.

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
I rock my v tower through my bong@ 180-200degrees , gets me buzzed , however its a different buzz then smoking doobies , any one ever try a herborizer ?, always wanted to pick one up !
TS

zingablack

livin my way the high way
Veteran
i abhor the effect of vapes.. i myself have tried all the big names.. volvano, ssv(actually own this one), dabuddha, the cheapy wooden ones.. and for me no matter what brand or how dense the vapor is.

IT BARELY WORKS.. for me. the people i vape w get blasted but as for i.. a dry throat and a barely noticeable buzz is all i get

immaculate

All studies have shown vaporizers are equal to or better then smoking to extract thc as well as cbd, & cbn.

Ironic, your handle is "truthman." ALL studies have shown...ORLY?

You don't read. Here, let me do it for you:

Theoretically, the vaporizer [they used a Volcano] might have been expected to realize a higher THC delivery efficiency than combustion, since it should have avoided loss of THC by pyrolysis. That this was not observed indicates that there were other inefficiencies in the vaporization process.” Efficiency of a traditional pipe according to Gierenger, et al. measured 78%, with little variance (they used radiating electric heat to torch the bowl, so take off whatever percentage you think is fair for a flame). The vape? High variance, measuring from 36% to 61%. Virtually the same results as doobies (34%-61%). And in that study they didn’t/couldn’t even measure CBD activity.

Sauce: http://www.webpages.charter.net/lenny49684/volcano.pdf

Let me know when spending 400+ on an ugly piece of "technology" actually makes sense...I'll keep my baddass, clean, scientific, artisanal glass that does exactly what it's supposed to.

zingablack

livin my way the high way
Veteran
Ironic, your handle is "truthman." ALL studies have shown...ORLY?

You don't read. Here, let me do it for you:

Sauce: http://www.webpages.charter.net/lenny49684/volcano.pdf

Let me know when spending 400+ on an ugly piece of "technology" actually makes sense...I'll keep my baddass, clean, scientific, artisanal glass that does exactly what it's supposed to.

haha nice!

but yea just Js and glass for me.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
If you vape a half a gram how many bags or how many breaths in a bag? A vape takes many more breaths to smoke the same amount of Cannabis compared to smoking the same amount in a bong.
Half a gram is one toke in a bong vs 4-5 in a vape, any wonder why they are different?
-SamS

Latest posts

Latest posts