What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

looking for a legal loophole

Desert Hydro

Veteran
like many of us, I am limited to the number of plants i can grow legally. where i live if it has roots it counts. my question/idea is if i grafted a couple plants together at the stem would they be considered 1 plant? i know its iffy and theres probably not much legal precedent here but if they are truly grafted together and fused at the stem would the law define them as one plant? a plant can have more than one root system through grafting and it is still considered one plant.

let the trolling commence......... :)

Betterhaff

Veteran
If it’s a true graft or grafts it will have only one root system. 1 plant, 1 root system with multiple varieties as branches (grafts). Think 5 in 1 apple tree.

There are some threads here on IC about grafting.

G

Gr33nSanta

I was actually thinking for a while of starting a nursery selling grafted cannabis, Ive never tried grafting cannabis yet though.

But yeah with plant counts of 5 per household, one could go to said nursery, buy 20 cultivars on 5 plants.

Not sure it can be done so easily...

Desert Hydro

Veteran
I can and do grow bigger plants, lst, top, find, scrog etc. The point would be to do four together in one ppk site and let veg time.

I don't mean grafting in a traditional sense but more so bringing the attend together

Limeygreen

Veteran
Why would it be considered anything but one plant? Simply a rootstock, they did not limit cultivars allowed.

Easy7

Veteran
Why I think plant counts are bogus is because wattage is a more determining aspect of limitation indoors. Larger and fewer plants require more veg (more costly). Outdoor I think the garden should be square feet.

Who really wants an odd number of plants in a square tent? Who wants two months veg for the same yield as a sog? there are no 3 plant hydro units.

Dawgfunk

That sucks. What about veg?! But 30gal...u can fill up as much space as you need to with the right strain and a lil time! And to do with the regulations, they need to rid it and decriminalize the plant already. Sucks to have to abide by someone else’s thoughts and decisions on what’s right for my mind and body, how much i can grow, etc. Who’s to say I’m not gonna juice a whole crop in a month? ;)

Dawgfunk

You can plant em all side by side in a big pot and I wouldn’t doubt over time the roots are gonna be close to one big ball.

Jhhnn

Veteran
like many of us, I am limited to the number of plants i can grow legally. where i live if it has roots it counts. my question/idea is if i grafted a couple plants together at the stem would they be considered 1 plant? i know its iffy and theres probably not much legal precedent here but if they are truly grafted together and fused at the stem would the law define them as one plant? a plant can have more than one root system through grafting and it is still considered one plant.

let the trolling commence......... :)

I see what you're trying to do but wouldn't you necessarily have too many plants at some point?

brown_thumb

I'd think a person could cut down to the xylem of two sides of four plants at 90 degree angles, keep all four root balls intact, and tape the four plants together where they're cut, thereby creating one plant from the four but with a better root ball. After they've thoroughly fused, I'd 'guess' most inspectors wouldn't know what they're looking at. That stated, wouldn't it be just as easy to make one plant grow really big?

Limeygreen

Veteran
You could, just pot it up and cover the grafted part or just up to it so you can't see it otherwise.

St. Phatty

Heck, just put 2 or 3 plants in the same pot with the bottoms of the main stalks touching.

Wrap the bottoms of the plants so that if anyone dissects it, the plant (AKA the 'evidence') is destroyed.

Just make sure plants are matched. It would look wierd to have a short Indica sharing pot space with a stretchy Sativa.

If anyone LEO related asks about the unusual arrangement, just say, "oh my GOD, do I get a Nobel Prize in Science ?!" :woohoo:

WishDoctor

those who've tried over the last 30yrs have failed. sucessful grafts have always been reported tiny worthless no weight, not taking.
tons of reports online. shit before overgrow there was Mycotopia where we did it all back in the early 90's
have fun wasting time, or trying...

St. Phatty

Seems like a lot of municipalities have limits of 4 to 6 plants.

But you can have some substantial yield with 4 to 6 plants, and if the strains work out right, a lot of variety for medical purposes.

thejact55

Or dont play by the rules and do what the fuck you want...like we have been for the last 75 years or however long. I live in a "legal" state, that i voted no on, and i havent changed a damn thing. My up to 50 plants at a time (max at times, rarely this high) in 1 gallon pots yeild was less than 5 big plants. Mine are seeded 80 percent of the time anyways. The law doesnt take into considersation my wants and situation, so i coule care less.
Sorry i know thats no help, and i dont know your situation. Not trying to be facetious, just giving you my solution lol

Last edited:

burningfire

Veteran
Legal loopholes only work if you can defend yourself in a court of law.. and that's expensive.. if you can't afford it they will try and stick anything they can on you.

There is some peace of mind coming with legalization here but I have no concern for their guidelines, I am not a drug dealer, they did not make the rules with me in mind, I am not drawing attention to myself or my grows in the eye of the law so I can sleep soundly knowing the situation can be quickly remedied.

I guess me and thejact55 are on the same page.