What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A new start

Palindrome

King of Schwag
To keep the moisture even in the cubes, at least in theory the moisture should even out.
Making it easyer to bottom feed the cubes, if they should dry out before rooting.

It's mainly cos I don't have any perlite, tested this out and seems to work fine.
But not optimal breaking the root's of, and figure it won't be needed any more.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Time to transplant soon, just got to fix the next light.
Still waiting on more strips, the continual wait, last shipment was damaged during shipping.

New pots 1 and 2 Liter

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Got some dual strips hooked up, to my 2nd MeanWell driver.

Added some more heatsink to these strips, as they will run at 1400 mA.

230 Watt at the wall

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Transplanted the clones of my seedling, into the new small 1L pots and stuck em under the new light.

Keeping a close eye on them, so they down dry out on me.
But so far so good, everything is looking fine.
Temps are good, humidity is okay so I guess they will be fine.
But always worrying when I transplant my clones, especially into a new enviroment.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
The 6666 Cycle

The 6666 Cycle

New experiment - The 6666 cycle

6 Hours on/off/on/off - How will they root?

Mixed BLB cuttings, from different seedlings.
First set of cuttings, from two of the BLB seedlings rooted perfect under 18 hours light.

Now we wait, this will be interresting!

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
beautiful work all round.

how deep is the effective penetration of your led lamp build? how tall do your plants end up ideally in that set up? after having a whole harvests quality greatly diminished during the summer heat wave, i am seriously considering some cooler running lighting options, at least for the hot part of the year, which might get hotter and longer with climate change. was thinking to try the cmh 315's for next summer, but led is getting better and better too. how high is the initial investment if i might ask?

Palindrome

King of Schwag
beautiful work all round.

how deep is the effective penetration of your led lamp build? how tall do your plants end up ideally in that set up? after having a whole harvests quality greatly diminished during the summer heat wave, i am seriously considering some cooler running lighting options, at least for the hot part of the year, which might get hotter and longer with climate change. was thinking to try the cmh 315's for next summer, but led is getting better and better too. how high is the initial investment if i might ask?

Thank you, not sure about the penetration, but it don't seem to be very deep on these cheap LED's. First test did okay gpw, but hoping next will be better with the new light. And a little more experiance, but time will tell. Gonna run a few more tests!

Im also thinking about swaping my 600's HPS to 315 CMH, but I will take another year on HPS. Playing with LED in my closet, before I change too much in the flower room.

For the price on these LED's, it's not that bad. 30 strips comes out at 36$ + 74$ heatsink + 73$ MW driver incl shipping. 183$ for a light around 250 Watt, but they might be expencive in the long run.

If a Samsung LM561C strip light at 125 Watt will yeald the same, on equal surface area. And there is little work in building the light, they might very well be the only logic option. Unless people start out on a small budget like me, but already my budget is getting better!

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I bet they root just fine. I run my veg tents at 8 on 4 off, 8 on 4 off during the summer because of heat. Cuts always root just fine.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
I bet they root just fine. I run my veg tents at 8 on 4 off, 8 on 4 off during the summer because of heat. Cuts always root just fine.

Thanks for your input, im also pretty sure they will root fine.
And adjust to the 6666 cycle, 2nd part of the experiment will be continued veg under the same cycle.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Day 4 under the new 230 Watt light @ 1400 mA current, they are showing growth.

I have lowered the light after taking these pictures, now they have climatised to their new surroundings.

blackone

Veteran
\m/ didn't you take 666 clones too in an earlier life?
Good luck with your new batch. They look nice already.

Latest posts

Latest posts