Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Coco Coir > a guide to COCO and Fungus Gnats (little black flies)

Thread Title Search
a guide to COCO and Fungus Gnats (little black flies) Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-14-2018, 10:42 PM #41
Chevy cHaze
Out Of Dankness Cometh Light

Chevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to behold
Does anyone know more about if the BTI toxins make their way into the plant and therefore the buds ?

cbd is where it's at - 250w organic blumatized cbd skunk haze grow

super silent mode organic blumatized hans panel grow - 80gr from 65w of LEDs

"In what you say of another, apply the test of kindness, necessity and truth, and let nothing pass your lips without a 2/3 majority."

"Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope"- Freewheelin' Franklin
Chevy cHaze is offline Quote

Old 05-14-2018, 11:13 PM #42
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy cHaze View Post
Does anyone know more about if the BTI toxins make their way into the plant and therefore the buds ?
The EPA considers BTI to be non toxic and it is approved for organic farming.
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
Marijuana Botany: An Advanced Study The Propagation And Breeding Of Distinctive Cannabis By Robert Connell Clarke-->https://archive.org/details/Marijuan...nctiveCannabis
AgentPothead is offline Quote

Old 05-15-2018, 10:45 PM #43
Chevy cHaze
Out Of Dankness Cometh Light

Chevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to beholdChevy cHaze is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentPothead View Post
The EPA considers BTI to be non toxic and it is approved for organic farming.
Thank you Sir that's good enough for me !
I thought so, but always better to get confirmation

cbd is where it's at - 250w organic blumatized cbd skunk haze grow

super silent mode organic blumatized hans panel grow - 80gr from 65w of LEDs

"In what you say of another, apply the test of kindness, necessity and truth, and let nothing pass your lips without a 2/3 majority."

"Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope"- Freewheelin' Franklin
Chevy cHaze is offline Quote

Old 05-15-2018, 11:19 PM #44
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy cHaze View Post
Thank you Sir that's good enough for me !
I thought so, but always better to get confirmation
NP! I have seem some people freak out cause it has the word "toxin" in it, but it's just toxic to animals with a basic PH balanced digestive system and a specific enzyme, and humans use acid based digestion.
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
Marijuana Botany: An Advanced Study The Propagation And Breeding Of Distinctive Cannabis By Robert Connell Clarke-->https://archive.org/details/Marijuan...nctiveCannabis

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-19-2018, 02:50 AM #45
RedBeardy5

RedBeardy5 has a spectacular aura aboutRedBeardy5 has a spectacular aura aboutRedBeardy5 has a spectacular aura about
I ditched the bti awhile ago. Order nematodes from a reputable supplier and they take care of everything.
RedBeardy5 is offline Quote

Old 05-19-2018, 06:12 AM #46
Mikell
Dipshit Know-Nothing

Mikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond repute
Bti (specifically Gnatrol) goes further for your dollar and stores well. Nematodes don't and vary in availability.
Mikell is online now Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-20-2018, 04:28 AM #47
Dropped Cat
Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch

Dropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant future
Pasteurize the coco/soil before use.

Inoculate afterwords.

The only time I had an outbreak was with seedling
potting mix that was employed without treatment.

Being lazy is not an option.

lol.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-03-2018, 10:48 PM #48
JJ Lowe

JJ Lowe will become famous soon enoughJJ Lowe will become famous soon enough
Has there been any studies on the effects of BTI when combusting and inhaling into the lungs? Or any chemicals for that matter.. It's a complete different biological/chemical process combustion and inhaling vs ingesting it through your digestive system. Best option, use chemicals sparingly around the grow and implement clean growing practices with mechanical barriers, aka yellow stickies.
JJ Lowe is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-04-2018, 12:18 AM #49
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Lowe View Post
Has there been any studies on the effects of BTI when combusting and inhaling into the lungs? Or any chemicals for that matter.. It's a complete different biological/chemical process combustion and inhaling vs ingesting it through your digestive system. Best option, use chemicals sparingly around the grow and implement clean growing practices with mechanical barriers, aka yellow stickies.
As far as I can find no there are none dealing with the combustion of it. A bunch dealing with it in water supplies and it's been found to be non toxic. I also found papers saying they found it on stored tobacco leaves. Isolation of Bacillus thuringiensis from Stored Tobacco and Lasioderma serricorne (F.) & Occurrence of Bacillus thuringiensis on cured tobacco leaves. If it's on tobacco leaves, somebody has been smoking it at some point. You are right that not enough research has been done on the combustion of pesticides, I figure tobacco is the closest mainstream thing that people do smoke. If it's considered non-toxic on tobacco, I would assume it's non toxic on weed, but realistically it needs it's own research done. Which costs money. Which isn't coming on a federal level, only from private funding. So yeah. It might be a while still.

Old 06-04-2018, 01:57 AM #50
Mikell
Dipshit Know-Nothing

Mikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond repute
Bti is applied to the soil and is not systemic.
Mikell is online now Quote

4 members found this post helpful.