What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sat Trim machine

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sunsimulator
ime never had browning or discoloration. i will note that that the sat trim does give all buds a very consistent look.... trim is all the same on every nug once u dial it in and keep it clean (not difficult)
i have heard of discoloration from trim pro and trim reaper models (esp. from leather fingers on trim pro) not really brown but ya like bruised.... not from sat trim tho, the votex of air keep sbuds bouncing around not smashed into the grate.

thanks for checkn my thread out everyone!

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sunsimulator
ime never had browning or discoloration. i will note that that the sat trim does give all buds a very consistent look.... trim is all the same on every nug once u dial it in and keep it clean (not difficult)
i have heard of discoloration from trim pro and trim reaper models (esp. from leather fingers on trim pro) not really brown but ya like bruised.... not from sat trim tho, the votex of air keep sbuds bouncing around not smashed into the grate.

thanks for checkn my thread out everyone!

PeopleWish

why is this trimmer better than the twister?

is the sat comparable to the twister in quality of trim, speed and just overall efficiency?

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
Any after bud pics?

No experience with trim machines but that thing looks terrible in the video, all the bud gets slammed in to the side, how can that be a good for it?

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
vs Twister

vs Twister

I'm sure the quality is superior, but 8-12k? Damn.. A trimpro rotor is $1600 and does the same thing and does a fine job. Does the fan/vortex action make that large a difference? The trim sorter sure sounds awesome.

For that kind of dough I'd be getting a twister machine and not have any fingers smearing my trichs. Have you ran and compared this against the twister @ 14k?

I wanna be that guy ;) I buck a bit into a bucket.. walk over to the machine and do a few runs.. back to the bucking table :(

Do you lube your grate/fingers with anything to keep it from getting sticky quick? If not.. how many "batches" do you do before the machine gets iso'd.

..now I gotta go figure out how to mod my rotor into a popcorn tumbling/ trim sorter. How big is the fan..or is it merely the bades creating the air vortex? Doesnt seem like it'd be too difficult to add some popcorn power to my rotor.

WHY this is better than twister:
twister is huge, way bigger way louder, no trim separation, what even happens to the trim from the twister? how hard or easy is it to clean twister? just wondering, because w sattrim its easy, trim separation is great, beyond luxury.

also the stereo on top is a killer luxury.

key diff. my exp w twister was that it was so loud we needed ear protection and couldnt communicate without yelling over the machine (3 or so years ago) Sat trim is not loud, you can easily talk over the machine when running full power and speakers u can adjust volume also can speak over those.

another BIG advantage of Sattrim over twister is portability. sat trim breaks down and fits in a carrying bag, that I can move all by myself (granted im tough as hell) or easily moved by one or two people pretty easily. all broken down in the case i think it weighs like 65 lbs. its not so heavy as just big n bulky.

also, sattrim runs on reg. 110 power, check me on this but i though that twister ran on 220?

i never "grease" fingers, very little is caught on fingers, comprable to finger hash on trimmers actual fingers. very little residue is left on fingers, u can peel it off, dry it n smoke it just like finger hash. but that's very nominal residue i assure u, greasing fingers is not necessary or advised.

fan vortex is the key, its all about the airflow...

also
one big advantage of sattrim to ME is that sattrim is made in USA entirely, assembled in Denver. Made in USA, its important, and its hella quality, so im all behind it.

is there a similar write up on ICmag @ the twister machine? id love to read it, if yall kno of one plez post a link to it.
or if anyone has exp. on the twister plez post ur experience w that machine, any detail ive discussed @ that machine could def b clarified by some one w exp. w twister.
:thank you::thank you:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Any after bud pics?

No experience with trim machines but that thing looks terrible in the video, all the bud gets slammed in to the side, how can that be a good for it?

it works well, sorry the vids are limited in what they can show, i didnt make the vids....
buds get bounced around, but not damaging at all, ime

i was at the first HT cannabis cup in denver w a machine, showing of the machine and its use, everyone i showed (dozens maybe hundreds) were impressed w quality of finished trim and how little buds got "abused".
truth is as$hole trimmer molest buds more than this machine. not all trimmers, just the less experienced, and ones trying to get a giant ball of finger hash.... douches.
:blowbubbles:

noworries

Keeping the dank smell in.

I'm for machine trimming, but struggling to keep the dank smell. What kind of RH and temps are you keeping in your dry room?

vukman

Veteran
associates of mine are renting the 'twister' either this weekend or next week so I'll get their opinion and try to get some pics of the finished product if at all possible....no promises though...

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
noworries:
small room filled as full as i can get it w dry racks, rh wants to stay high in the room, one small circulating fan and one small exhaust. exhaust usually like 4 inch centrifugal fan or just a duct fan pulling air out. RH proly round 70 in the dry room. if room is full up of product then it should stay humid in the room (even here in CO)
if u dont have a small room, maybe build a dry tent w plastic sheeting, how big u need to fit how many dry racks ur gona use. remember, u want it tight in that room , barely room for u in there, but u gotta get in there to check buds, sometimes toss them around on racks....

hope that helps noworries

vukman

Veteran
well..........no pics, sorry and I wasn't even invited to the clip 'n' snip party but I do have some results about the 'Twister'

As I said, I wasn't there so I do not know how they were using the machine or whether it was set up correctly. I mean there are a lot of factors which are unknowns in this posting here but I said I would get back to you all when I got word.....so here it is.

They ran around 1-2lbs through the machine. Said they had to run it through a few times and was entirely way too time consuming. After that, they turned off that noise maker and got down to a long night of hand trimming. I was told that they went out and found they old 'trimpro' they had somewhere and finished off with that.

So there it is folks.. I will get more info as I have not met 'face to face' with anyone yet but as for now, the preliminary report is that the 'twister' is not all it's cracked up to be.

I actually told one of the 'main guys' about this Satellite machine and he was very impressed with what he read here and the videos he seen but since there are a few people involved and after the experience just explained above, they have opted to buy a 'Trimpro'.......:-(........He was outvoted and they all said that since they have experience with the trimpro and none with the satellite, they went with what they knew....oh well...

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^^
thanks for chiming in vukman, even w.o being there, i feel it helps to hear peoples stories. ive never heard twister took several runs thru.
must have been used incorrectly or just doesnt work well if they had to run buds thru it 2x or more, THEN hand trim.
also imo, 1-2 hardly warrants a machine,
especially if they ended up hand trimming all night. i can do about a dry lb by hand in 4 hours or so.... anyhow, thats abummer @ ur peoples exp. w twister, and choice to buy trimpro.

vukman: what happened to all the trim from twister, im still unsure where it goes or if its wasted w the twister, im curious.

thanks again vukman

vukman

Veteran
^^^
thanks for chiming in vukman, even w.o being there, i feel it helps to hear peoples stories. ive never heard twister took several runs thru.
must have been used incorrectly or just doesnt work well if they had to run buds thru it 2x or more, THEN hand trim.
also imo, 1-2 hardly warrants a machine,
especially if they ended up hand trimming all night. i can do about a dry lb by hand in 4 hours or so.... anyhow, thats abummer @ ur peoples exp. w twister, and choice to buy trimpro.

vukman: what happened to all the trim from twister, im still unsure where it goes or if its wasted w the twister, im curious.

thanks again vukman

I honestly do not know.. Just to back track a bit.....I mentioned to them that the machine probably wasn't set up properly or something was off because I was surprised as well that they had to run it through twice and then gave up on it.

I do have to say that some of the people I know and have to deal with are not the brightest bulbs in the pack.. There was no mistake there that their mother's did not call them 'Sonny".....<pun intended>>>>>LOL Not very bright at all!!!! ahahah

Okay, sorry. The trim from what I've seen in pictures and in videos is there is a separate unit/collection bin that comes with it and the trim gets sucked in there. I didn't ask the rocket scientists what they did with their trim from that excursion although I do know from their hand trimming, they save it up for ice extraction.

Also, the size of the operation is around 15-20lbs every 3months or so....Sorry I did not mention that earlier if there was a thought that they borrowed the machine just for a few lbs.

Oh well......sorry I cannot be of any more information and I did so much want to be a part of their little experiment but seeing how it all turned out, I'm actually glad I wasn't there.

All The Best to Everyone

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you did great, thanks for the comparison vukman, really appreciate it!
one more thing 2 sattrim, its kinda dummy proofy once it setup...

friend of mine borrowed it once, never had used it before, took for a weekend to do his 22ish lb harvest, worked fine for him, even tho he dropped a pair of fiskars into the grate, the blade chopped it up, dinged the grate a lil, machine kept runnin thru the trim.... lol

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
more than what? 2 k models like trimpro dont do the same numbers this machine does.

speakers are pure luxury, imo

let me tell u what i think makes this machine worth the price
big numbers
big harvests

grow nerd

Veteran
Yeah, comparing to the TrimPro Rotor or whatever it's called, which I would think is a comparable machine. Is it not? Is the satellite much larger?

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^^

ime
trimpro units did a less intricate trim, and did the stereotypical "beat up the buds". mashed them against the grates, crushed and skidded across the grate. buds came out of trimpro w one side all mashed and one side untrimmed entirely. Just my expereince w trimpro (not sure which unit) and trim reaper.
giant vortex fan combined w well tested and built barrel for optimal airflow for bouncing buds around stopping that "mashed against the grate" thing that happens in other rotor style machines.
i guess to me if u are gonna spend *any* money on a machine to expedite trimming large quantities, u want to get a machine that gives not only a comparable trim to hand trims (quality) but also can do large amounts quickly (quantity).

good quality trim @ high volumes in less time
thats what u pay for

speakers are pure luxury, but u try trimming w out music...
the trim catching & keif bags on the bottom are REALLY worth the money.
imagine having a giant pile of nearly fullmelt keif separated from all your trim, made while the machine is running. and 2 bags before the keif full of mulched trim perfect to dry and make butter or hash out of.

sattrim is a "bigger" machine, i feel the barrel is a bigger diameter than trimpro rotor.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
heres something of particular interest about rotor style machines that have leather fingers (sattrim uses food grade plastic fingers)

thru the grapevine i heard that people were unhappy w leather fingers because LOTS of sticky trichs and oils get stuck to the fingers, and ultimately, they work less and less efficiently as the buildup increases.
to avoid this buildup people began spraying canola oil or some veg. cooking spray on the fingers so nothing would stick to them
after proccessing, the trim was used to make edibles.
twirling hippy cheesecake lady complained that her patients were unusually getting upset stomachs from her goods, and never had before. she put 2 +2 together and figured that the oil used to spray machine fingers to prevent buildup had gluten in it, and the trim therefore had gluten residue and therefore the edibles had trace gluten amounts, that made her patients sick or felt unwell after eating her edibles made w that trim.

i know it sounds far out,
but i believe it, people are sensitive (and stupid for spraying oils on the fingers, and stupid for using leather for the fingers)

the red soft flexible FOOD GRADE "plastic" fingers used on sat trim do collect a very small amount of "finger hash" on the ends of the rotor fingers; however, this buildup does not change how the machine works. and the hash on the fingers is super yummy once its dried. once i pulled a gram or 2 of pure purple "finger hash" off the sattrim fingers, loved it.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I can not have Gluten. If I eat a crouton I will get stomach cramps and sleep for about 18 hours. That is about how long it takes for my immune system to recover. And I may have other problems that I won't know about until my immune system attacks something because I ate gluten. The last time my hands felt like they were on fire for hours.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^^
sorry to hear that ichabod

u r the kind of person who helped discover this practice and hopefully end it entirely