What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sat Trim machine

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sorry if i missed it, but what is the audio jack for?
2 audio jacks on the drone... one for input, one for output....
the audio jacks are there to do exactly what audio jacks do....
I myself have never trimmed herb for very long at all without some tunes
:)

Old Hippie Guy

dried bud and trimming machines

dried bud and trimming machines

How does your trimming machine do with dried bud? Does the size of the bud matter? Can you speak to your experience with specific trimming machines? Thanks in advance.

Old Hippie Guy

trimming dired bud with a machine

trimming dired bud with a machine

How does your trimming machine do with dried bud? Does the size of the bud matter? Can you speak to your experience with specific trimming machines? Thanks in advance.

Bulldog420

Veteran
Just found this thread and would love to ask a couple questions.

For somebody harvesting 10-50 lbs an outdoor season, what would you recommend?

You say the hand model speeds up the harvest process by 10 times? My product comes out good, but I am the SLOWEST trimmer in the world.

Normally I have only 1-2 people harvesting, maybe two hand models?

Thanks for the help.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the sat trim does not do dry trim, wet trim only

yes 10x speedup is possible with organized prep and a team (3 or 4 people at least i suggest
the hand models will speed up like 3x or 4x tops....)

Bulldog420

Veteran

You say the hand model speeds up the harvest process by 10 times? My product comes out good, but I am the SLOWEST trimmer in the world.

Thanks for the help.

Just reposting this. I want to order one before the outdoor season hits. Just want to make sure it's a solid model. The hand trimmer

Bulldog420

Veteran
Wow, I missed your response AM. Thanks for the response, don't know how I missed it. I will call these guys up today and order my unit. Thanks for the write up, and I hope it works as good as it seems it should. Like I said, I am the slowest trimmer in the history of the world, so it should help.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Thanks for the help.

hand models work well... they have changed the handle and make it much more ergonomic and not as "vibrate-y" no more lawnmower arm....

for a 1o lb outdoor harvest, the drone perhaps... and for the 30 lb u could use the drone or perhaps justify the satellite....
thing is to keep a drone or sat busy you do kinda need more than just 2 peeps, maybe you and 2 helpers but im pretty that even you and 2 helpers wont be able to keep up with the drone (or sat for that matter) esp. since you say that ur so slow... :)

PERSONALLY i really prefer the barrel style trimmers over the hand trimmers, altho i totally see the niche and need for the hand trimmers on "mid-size" ops.

as for the price hike... im guessing the sat may have gone up in price to set it aside from the drone. i dunno really tho.

Killacash

Hey, dont know if you answered this or not so please forgive me if you have.

Is the trim from the Sat Trim in good enough condition to run it through a ice water extraction for bubble hash? Is the dry kief good quality?

Thanks

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the trim is great, u can make great bubble has from it, and yes the "dry kief" is awesome nearly melty off the bottom plate

harvestreview

The Satellite's a pretty good machine. They've been around for a few years now. And the trim is great for extraction etc. That's one of the big benefits of this machine over the barrel style.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for the feedback harvestreview, glad you like the machine.... care to comment on the other machines out there that you have experience with in similar price range/ level of production and their strengths/ weaknesses?

is-thc

bump...

hey Avinash this thread was great.

Was wondering if you still thought the satellite was the best trimmer about now
or is there anything better out there now in your opinion?

was thinking of getting me a satellite as took me ages taking down my last crop

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i haven't used many trim machines lately; scaled down and doing hemp now sooooo.... not as much trimming

but i used the shake bag and i liked it... not nearly in the same category
i see that some trimmers can be used dry, which is a nice option for sure because i prefer dry trim for quality
i still do love the sat trim machines; if i had to buy one for large scale trimming i would def still consider the sat trim, would be at the top of my list :D

is-thc

thanks for the reply.

im not keen on the idea of dry trimming machines
think you would lose to much Trichomes ''fall off'' that I would rather be on the buds.

but i think the satellite looks like more my kind of thing
its a big outlay but think it would pay for itself with helping get everything down quicker and speeding up harvest time.

cheers again for reply

Latest posts

Latest posts