What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What size grow tent?

OPT

Think i'll go with the passive intake from the slots that come with the tent for now. If i have to add an small fan later i can.

OPT

OPT

There's also a fan that is a little weaker in CFM on www.plantlightinghydroponics.com that i can add a 4 inch carbon filter or scrubber to...and it will be almost the same price..a tad cheaper.

My question is....what's the difference between a carbon filter..and a carbon scrubber..and which one do i need?

Tirs

If you are planning on upgrading later go w a 6" fan they aren't much more money and you will definitely need it later if you bump your wattage any higher.

Scrubber and filter are the same. Make sure to match your filters cfm rating to your fans cfm rating

Walt Jabsco

that says it is a vortex fan in the ebay ad but its most definitely not a real Vortex powerfan. with cheap inline duct fans and cheap filters you get what you pay for. spend the extra money and get quality fan and filter. you will be glad you did in the end.

Walt Jabsco

if you intend on running the filter then light then fan like you said, it is going to be essential to get an airtight fit on the light fixture glass.
otherwise you will get some smell coming from the air bypassing the filter around where the glass meets the metal. taping it up can solve this although a hassle or buying a more expensive rubber gasketed glass light fixture. or also a cooltube fixture would work.
i personally tape the shit out of everthing. around the fan, clamps, every connection. anywhere air can possibly get in. i still find it amazing how tiny leaks of unfiltered air can really stink up the place in a hurry.

OPT

THx Walt, that pic is basically my plan, but I think Imma try to get away without an air cooled hood. It's never gotten hot in my basement in my last grows, with no ventilation at all, so imma set up a normal exhaust.

As far as the fan goes, I already ordered it. I'm sure it will serve it's purpose well enough.

OPT

America

I'd get the biggest you can afford, so if you decide to upgrade later you won't have to get another tent.

Even if you have a 4x4 or a 5x5 tent with you 400HPS you wont get smaller yields.

You can keep a 2.5x2.5 space for your 400w in a 4x4 or 5x5, but say you ever wanted to go 600w or 1000w, you'd have to buy a whole new setup, rather than just buying a new ballast and possibly a fan.

If you don't ever plan on stepping up your grow, then go with the smaller tents, but if you do see yourself moving up to the 600w or 1000w, then I'd buy a bigger tent and just keep a 2.5x2.5 area in the center for your grow.

This might sound like bad advice to some, but I know this is what I would have done had I known I would be upgrading 6 months after I finished my setup, like I did. :2cents:

Good luck with whatever you decide on!

Latest posts

Latest posts