Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Coco Coir > A few things that I've learned about growing in coco with a drip systm DTW

Thread Title Search
A few things that I've learned about growing in coco with a drip systm DTW Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-08-2018, 11:31 PM #1301
Hookah79

Hookah79 will become famous soon enough
When using any of the Grundfos MQ-45 3/4 hp pumps.If your irrigation is zoned with solenoids and using octabubblers,is an accumulator needed??

With my current set up i have an aquatec 6 gpm pump that i needed an accumulator to get it to cycle on and off...

Iam not seeing anyone using those Grundfos running a pressure tank so iam assuming its running proper.
Hookah79 is offline Quote

Old 08-19-2018, 06:05 PM #1302
LyryC
Omnis Vita est Aequus

LyryC has a brilliant futureLyryC has a brilliant futureLyryC has a brilliant futureLyryC has a brilliant futureLyryC has a brilliant futureLyryC has a brilliant futureLyryC has a brilliant futureLyryC has a brilliant futureLyryC has a brilliant futureLyryC has a brilliant futureLyryC has a brilliant future
LyryC has completed 6 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookah79 View Post
When using any of the Grundfos MQ-45 3/4 hp pumps.If your irrigation is zoned with solenoids and using octabubblers,is an accumulator needed??

With my current set up i have an aquatec 6 gpm pump that i needed an accumulator to get it to cycle on and off...

Iam not seeing anyone using those Grundfos running a pressure tank so iam assuming its running proper.
No need, the Grundfos MQ-45 is self pressurizing and will maintain the pressure. Its the pump I use in my rooms. Its a breeze to set up, very easy to service, and its a work horse. Probably the best pump until you step up into commercial, its plug and play. Well worth the price. I recommend to go to your local hydrostore on black friday in November if they sell them. I got almost 300$ off the price for mines.

No pressure tank needed, again, the pump builds up pressure automatically, and maintains consistent pressure throughout the system. And by zoning you can water a lot of fucking garden with just one pump. I recommend getting a controller with at least 8 cycles per day and doing shorter but more consistent watering (well depending on your medium and container size, i rock 2 gallon smart pots, pure coco).

FYI if your tank runs too low and the pump can't pull anymore, it'll automatically shut off, but first it tries to reestablish pressure a few times, and the unit gets HOT, and if you need to water FAST, you need to circulate the water to get the hot water out of the pump, and lower the pumps temperature. Its made for a variety of uses and its used for hot water showers, so the heat isn't an issue, expect for your ladies.

Oh and don't forget the filters, before and after.
Theres way too much incredible and awesome knowledge on ICMag, for anyone person to have the time to keep up with just a fraction of what this entire industry is doing. Politically, economically, medicinally, socially, recreationally changing the world, and eye salute you all, everyone of you, for helping make the world a better place, one grow at a time. Sat Nam
LyryC is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.