What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BHO dissolved in ISO - now what?

m.steelers

Enlightened
Veteran
Hey folks,

Last night, I made some BHO from about 2 oz of clippings from my last Sensi original Silver Haze grow. The last time I did this, I used a razor blade so scrape up the oil from my collection dish. I got it formed into a beautiful stickly golden ball - which went in the freezer in a little jar. It worked pretty good for home use since it chipped off in little slivers. Problem was everytime I transported it, it would melt and get all gooey - hard to work with. Plus I had that shit everywhere - hands, clothes, teeth (OK I tasted it) :yummy:

So this time, I used 91%ISO and dissolved all the BHO - The problem is, I am not sure what to do with the golden nectar from here. I was thinking of getting a dropper bottle and keeping it in there - dripping it on Js and letting it evaporate. I have about 7fl oz of this liquid in a pyrex measuring cup right now - I know I want to evaporate some of that down too. Any suggestions on how much I should let it evaporate before I put it in the final collection vial/ bottle? Also, if I let the ISO evaporate - wont I be losing a lot of product on the sides of the measuring cup? My goal is to have a fairly thick tincture for smoking.

Any advice from here?
MarkSteeler

kilacaLIbud

get a vile from a local head shop...they should have just what u need i used to buy the viles full already...and just open the top and flip it over on my papers or blunts..and rub it ""not to let it spill ...just a quick line across my paper...and then put the weed..and viola.....super sticky joint...or just get a safety pin and dip it then just drip it in ur bowl....of coarse when i smoke oil...its not a solid form...i use a glass dick...AKA oil burner pipe and y would u extract it twice???butane extraction 2 iso..... :confused: or maybe u can just put ur oil in a old visine bottle

m.steelers

Enlightened
Veteran
Yeah - last time I used a razor blade and chipped frozen slivers off - put those on the joints. The used the ISO to get all the THC from the collection plate. Last time when I scraped it, it was tough to get every last bit. With the ISO - it all broke down and the collection container (pyrex) was totally clean - every last bit of resin was in the ISO now. My thought was I could let it evaporate to a consistency that would allow me to use an eye dropper or something. The part I dont like about that idea is you would have to wait until the alcohol evaporates before smoking a laced joint. I think maybe a better idea is to get it into vials and let it evaoprate from there. Maybe I was trying to get too fancy :chin:

If you do a quickwash on your first one the final product should not be really sticky.My 1st run quickwashes usually turn out the consistency of hash. You dont want to leave any iso in the final product.

m.steelers

Enlightened
Veteran
OK - this is actually turning out good. I am simmering off the ISO in the final collection vial and the resulting oil is the power bomb. I am going to try to post some pics. This shit is NICE.

MarkSteeler