What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RIP John Mccain

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronbo51

Veteran
John McCain's dad was an admiral, as was his grandpappy before him, so his path was well blazed. He would have never been accepted at the naval academy otherwise, and barely made it through due to his being a discipline problem.

McCain was responsible for killing a lot of men on the USS Forestal after he got his wings when he did some hot dog stunt that caused missiles to be fired and nearly sunk the ship. I don't know if he ever thinks about all the people he killed from his cockpit on the many missions he flew over south Vietnam, or if any of the generations of pilots who have come since ever think about the poor fucks they kill when they flew. I guess he had a lot of time to think about it in the Hanoi Hilton.

Not in line to ever be an admiral, Mcain came home from Nam with a plan. He parlayed his status into a Senate seat that he held forever. He quickly realized the frumpy old bag that stood behind him all those years was not going to cut it at the DC cocktail fund raising events. So, he dumped her and married the billionaire beer heiress, setup a foundation, and made himself into the portal through which all the MIC trillions had to pass.

Almost immediately upon entering the senate MCCain's lust for power and greed got him ensnared in a kickback scheme with Savings and Loan Institutions that were inflating the value of commercial real estate and everybody was pulling millions in bribes and payoffs and MCCain got caught dead nutz, but was able to get off completely while others went to prison and the entire Savings and Loan industry collapsed and billions were lost and the economy spiraled into many years of recession. The Keating Five is what the scandal was called. Google that shit.

Every war since Vietnam has been personally organised, carefully planned and funded through McCain. It has made him fabulously wealthy and immensely powerful. From Iraq 1 and 2, Yugoslavia, Ukraine, Libya, Syria, and Yemen, McCain was at the designers table deciding who lives and who dies. How many millions in Iraq. There are pictures with MCCain and alBaghdadi from ISIS. It is well known that ISIS is a CIA construct. Lybia was a perfectly fine, if not totally fucked up north African country minding its own business when we went in and blew it up, at least 500K dead there. Same with Syria, another 500K dead there. Syria is probably McCains crowning achievement. He tried harder than anything in his life to get us in a war in Syria.I'm sure he looked at it as his greatest failure that we didn't.

B

Bourbon Kush

Keating Five (ABSCAM) was in fact an example of politicians (John Glenn & McCain) being above the law. The comments about the USS Forrestal are not true, but McCain was involved.

I find it interesting that McCain died 9 years to the day that Sen Kennedy died also of brain cancer.

I will state authenticated facts about those who have passed, but there is a reason to "never speak ill of the dead", as I have witnessed for myself the consequences of such actions.

Think positive thoughts and always hold yourself above the cesspool of evil, both in thought and deed.

Grow well and prosper!

Green Squall

ronbo - Everyone knows that story is fabricated and false. Just another attempt to smear McCains reputation.

Fact check:
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/john-mccain-fire-uss-forrestal/

Politifact:
https://www.politifact.com/punditfa...blame-john-mccain-deadly-1967-fire-aboard-us/

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/rocket-causes-deadly-fire-on-aircraft-carrier

"John McCain narrowly escaped the fire and, afterwards, volunteered for duty on the USS Oriskany. Just three months later, his plane was shot down over North Vietnam and he was taken prisoner. He was not released until five-and-a-half years later, in 1973."

M

moose eater

I typically don't attend the wakes of those I disrespect. Seen enough losses that I don't even attend wakes of those I loved or cared for in most cases, with only a few hard-core exceptions. And then I stare at the ground, and leave as quickly as possible.

I know that there are those who the Country idolizes, often from delusional hero-worship and nationalism, or what ever, whom I otherwise draw lines with.

But I try to park my politics and resentments at the door, or at home, when their loved ones are grieving and wearing black.

It is a statement of our slide downward when some who are not as fair in their pasts or positions are regarded as moderates (cough, cough, Colin Powell), but there are places these sentiments might be better kept from. Not that we need to join in on any reframing of life that defies reality, but that some things or moments deserve respect.

Death's door is the place we leave our worldly achievements or crimes, and move onto what ever lays beyond, good, bad, ugly or sobering.

Peace to any hurting over John McCain's departure.

ronbo51

Veteran
ronbo - Everyone knows that story is fabricated and false. Just another attempt to smear McCains reputation.

Fact check:
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/john-mccain-fire-uss-forrestal/

Politifact:
https://www.politifact.com/punditfa...blame-john-mccain-deadly-1967-fire-aboard-us/

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/rocket-causes-deadly-fire-on-aircraft-carrier

"John McCain narrowly escaped the fire and, afterwards, volunteered for duty on the USS Oriskany. Just three months later, his plane was shot down over North Vietnam and he was taken prisoner. He was not released until five-and-a-half years later, in 1973."

I stand behind the Forestal claim. Snopes and politifact mean nothing. McCain was an admirals son. It would have looked horrible to have an aircraft carrier sunk by him. He was in line on the flight deck. He was waiting and got bored and did a "wetstart". It ignited the plane directly behind him and a missile was fired. Everyone on the deck saw it. Many books and recounts were made. They all tell the same story. History whitewashed that shit to protect everyone.

MCCain has the blood of millions on his hands, and he used that blood to further his own wealth and career. He was evil. Now he is going to lie in state in the capitol rotunda and everyone is going to talk about how great he was. I find it disgusting.

Green Squall

Ronbo can you provide some sources and names of books? Not saying your wrong, but right now it sounds like nothing more than a conspiracy theory.

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
theres something to be said about someone who endures torture (the Hanoi Hilton was NO FKN JOKE) and when offered an opportunity to be freed, he rejected it on the grounds that there were others there longer than him, and THEY needed to be freed first. Half the candy-asses in here criticizing the man over this wouldn't last 10 minutes under those conditions. I'm a former Marine and I dont know if I could endure it....

While Im not much of a person to speak highly of politicians, and I didnt always agree with Mr McCain, his personal sacrifices, and his service to my country is something I respect and admire.
Thats not easy for me to say about politicians. Of ANY color.

all this "hes got blood on his hands talk" is horsepuckey.
He was ONE member of a committee. Precious liberals wear the same bloodstained clothes. They ALL do when they vote to unleash the dogs.
Thats petulance talking.

-cap

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ronbo can you provide some sources and names of books? Not saying your wrong, but right now it sounds like nothing more than a conspiracy theory.
Good or bad, McCain did what he did. We all make foolish choices. Ronbo...try being a POW for years and see how that affects your psyche. And snopes usually has a pretty good grip on falsehoods or truth.
Didn't agree with some of McCain's tantamount politics, but he and others strived to make America a better place.

As title says....RIP John.

EvergreenState

Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Here is a little story about the Keating 5 which helped Keating rob many thousands of retirees out of their life savings; all of which had to be paid back by the taxpayers. All McCain cared about was himself and his political career. My God he helped Keating rob all of those people while he and his family benefitted greatly. Can you imagine the suffering all of those retirees went through. All of benefits from their life's work stolen. Their dream of a peaceful retirement gone. Their lives in shambles. I knew one of those retired couples and it broke them. All of their dreams gone. They were terribly depressed and now destitute.
Good old Johnny was living it up off of the suffering of those people. He was a sociopath.https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/mccain-the-most-reprehensible-of-the-keating-five-6431838

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
He really really really seemed an awful horrible greedy war hawk to me. Borderline evil..

I watched him commit terrible crimes encouraging conflicts around the world that only benefited the military industrial complex. A grotesque killer.. Only judging the man on what I saw him do, I felt he was in some ways everything that was wrong with America.. He was a true imperialist and encouraged purely conflict between people/s and no democracy or diplomacy.. He did this inciting in Georgia and in the faux uprisings across north Africa to name a couple... You can find better politicians sleeping on your streets than him Imo.. Fuck imperialism it will be the thing that kills Amuurica, the "elites" are counting on it.

Last edited:

CaptainDankness

About time the guy gets out of office. Kind of some bullshit how you can stay in office as long as you like. We need to drain the swamp, not keep corrupt career politicians in office until death.

Raho

Veteran
Wet start disaster on the aircraft carrier? Of course he did it.

His father was the Rear Admiral of the Navy at the time and his "volunteering" to be reassigned to another ship after the mishap that took many sailors lives is exactly the kind of coverup that one would expect for someone with his pedigree.

SNOPES is not some think tank of objective researchers digging for truth and checking each others work for accuracy. It is one guy and his wife (now divorced) with a strong political bias, working out of his house, who is easily bought. Best to just stop using them as a source of validation in any serious debate.

His military career is one of incompetence, embarrassment and betrayal.
His crippled arm, which many wrongfully assume was from torture in a N. Vietnamese POW camp, was actually injured when he ejected improperly from his aircraft leading to his capture.

His recorded confessions while in captivity were broadcasted as N Vietnamese propaganda to demoralize US troops and he received special treatment in the camp as a son of the acting rear admiral of the US navy and grandson of a previous USN rear admiral. He was military royalty, but left the service in disgrace instead of continuing to climb in his career, necessitating the move to politics. His captors called him the “Crown Prince” and his fellow prisoners called him "Song Bird."
These things are a matter of public record he admits to in his own book, but there is good reason to believe his betrayals go much deeper based on how hard he has worked to keep them secret.

Mccain is responsible for having records of MIA investigations permanently sealed as the most influential member of the 1991 Senate Select Committee on POW/MIA Affairs chaired by John Kerry, of the committee causing eternal pain and hardship for families still waiting to find out what happened to their loved ones who never came home from that war.

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/mccain-and-the-pow-cover-up/
and
https://www.thenation.com/article/why-has-john-mccain-blocked-info-mias/

The video of him bullying a grief stricken sister of an MIA/POW mentioned in the articles is disgusting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CazKanlYDg

Most surprising is that nobody here on ICmag has commented on McCain's rabid opposition to cannabis prohibition reform. There are videos from the 2007 presidential campaign trail of him losing his temper with wheelchair bound veterans who claim cannabis is the only medicine that provides relief for them.

As usual, McCain had a vested interest in maintaining the status quo. His wife is chairman of the board and owner of her families Anheuser-Busch beer distributorship, the 3rd largest in the country. Their personal fortunes would be dramatically impacted by federal legalization of cannabis. That same fortune has been the war chest that ensured McCain could never run out of money in fending off competition for his seat. His campaign for president in 2007 was largely self funded, as efforts to raise grassroots funding were complete failure.

McCain was bought and owned by so many special interests it's hard to keep track. A man with such big secrets to conceal is easy to control I suppose.

McCain never saw a war he didn't like.

The picture of him meeting with free Syrian Army commanders in Bengazi before shipments of weapons began to arrive is riddled in controversy.
https://www.breitbart.com/big-gover...is-photo-controversy-engulfs-sen-john-mccain/

Yes, the weapons he negotiated to give to the "good guys" wound up going to the "bad guys"
https://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/06/...ith-us-approval-fell-into-islamist-hands.html

And potentially being used against Americans, including US Ambassador Chris Stevens, perhaps the brightest US State Dept expert on Islamic culture.
What was Stevens doing in such a remote outpost?
Why did it fall under such heavy attack 2 years after McCain's meeting there, and knowing the attack was coming, why did the US do nothing to help the people stationed there?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mccain-libyan-rebels-are-my-heroes/

I am glad he is no longer in a position of power where he could continue to support so many bad things for America.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wait until Arpio shows up. Anyway...strong feelings against McCain...ok, I get it. RIP, RIP.

Sign

McCain was a piece of shit, it's a testament to the brainwashing the media is capable of to go from calling him literally Hitler a few years ago to having all you idiots sucking him off now when he finally, gracelessly, expired.

Sort yourselves out and get your heads out of your collective asses. You're embarrassing yourselves and don't even know it.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

There were other times & places to air your bitching about John McCain, this ain't it.

R.I.P. John McCain

dvbtQoh.jpg

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran

There were other times & places to air your bitching about John McCain, this ain't it.

Aye, this be true. From what I understand, political threads/arguments are tolerated in Toker's Den only here on IC. That's cool, go talk about it there if you have to.. Tho posting stuff on the internets, 99% of times won't lead to anyone seeing the light or changing their views on whatever the subject might be. More likely you'll just waste your time, get pissed off and/or get trolled on. Opinionated ppl are super easy targets to rile up. And you can't all be that new to the internet forums that you don't realise this.

If you didn't know, now you know.

Clean up on aisle 7!

justanotherbozo

Veteran
...John McCain was a Dumpcrap in a RINO suit and i for one am glad to see him finally gone!

...good riddance to bad rubbish!

bozo

Status
Not open for further replies.