What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Molasses and dry active yeast

Packer420

Ran out of sugar so i mixed up yeast and my molasses for my c02?

Would this be okay?

I can see the fizz goin on and bubble coming out as well from the airlock grommet.

Thanks thanks

Iamnumber

Yeast should work well with flower and sugar. Molasses is very similar to regular sugar sp should work for co2 replenish.

Packer420

Thanks. I tried it and worked but seemed very much faster to stop bubbling compard to sugar. Maybe i will try again and add more molasses. Lovin organics!!!

Iamnumber

If you love organics in boarder sense of the statement..

Please consider organic flowers and create sourdough bread? good health bread and sourdoug starter patch produces co2 from flowers.

I guess this will require little/somewhat more work to co2 production but home made sourdough bread is the nuts. Specially rye based breads are much better than wheat based for body. Adding generous amounts of seeds to bread will create super tasty bread with ton of nutrition.

happy to pm or continue in other hobbie related section of the forum.

Robbie vapez

Been making 'shine for years, look up birdwatchers recipe, simple, easy to get and you can make a decent spirit at the end to drink or use for oil

troutman

Seed Whore
The fizzing you see is carbon dioxide bubbles.

Just so you know fermentation of molasses is how they make rum.