What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A hermie broke my heart

Cork144

found 1 of my 9 dinachems had advanced nanas, seeded the lot at day 21 as it was under the desk fan, so Ive chopped the lot, think the flip from 400 to 600w pushed her over the edge, should of kept a better eye on it but had gotten busy, two days of not really checking can get you bad boys, 80quid down the drain, 60 days down the drain, I need a hug IC

Chemdawggy Dawg

I seriously doubt jumping the light up had anything to do with it. It was most likely just a bad seed, Especially since it was only one. Keep a better eye when doing seeds you never know what you'll get.

Cork144

I seriously doubt jumping the light up had anything to do with it. It was most likely just a bad seed, Especially since it was only one. Keep a better eye when doing seeds you never know what you'll get.
indeed sir my first seed run since 08, only bothered with clones since and i think thats how its going to have to stay,

T

Teddybrae

Usually I have heaps of Empathy for fellow dope tragics ... but ever since some bugger who said he was a helper ... turned my estimated ten pounds into four by overfertilising ... I have become desensitised! Sorry.

Altho if yr good looking ... I need sex. come here ...

Easy7

Veteran
More than lost seed money, also electric costs. Fems are ok for outdoors but stress too easily inside. Some are just herms anyhow.

I would of reveged a few of those ladies and flowered them out proper. No need to kill off ladies as long as they are living. A lady can be revegged as long as a clone can be grown. It would of cost almost as much as the seeds in power cost. Yet a lady who's a keeper is worth keeping around.

Easy7

Veteran
For future refference just flip to 18 hours or 12 on with 5.5 dark then 1 on then 5.5 dark, repeat. Then after the stop flowering and start to veg trim them down to size snd prune them to prep their shape to flower again. No need to do much other than that and perhaps a root trim and they're good as anything else for a proper flowering.

Cork144

I did think about revegging but after having one throw the nanas on me, I thought revegging and pushing the rest through again might end up pushing another over the edge, as you said fems can be tempermental indoors and i think revegging would be the straw on maybe a couple others back, going to lick the wounds for a couple weeks and hunt out some cuttings

G

ganjygav

Had my heart broke by a hermie too many times.
I used for fems for years with no worries.
I was one of them who would go around the forum hailing the fems when the thread was one of hate for fems.

But then for reasons unknown I started getting hermies regularly. Not just nanas at the end but full blown pollen chucking sacks.
I lost 3 crops to them, one of them was my fault as only one plant caused the problem and I missed it. 1st I noticed the problem was seeing seeds in my buds at about 6 weeks of 12/12 but the other grows all plants hermied. I only grow 4 at a time.

As I said I'm pretty certain it wasn't my doing. I'm a creature of habit and have changed nothing about how I go about things or where I was doing them.

Ive been exclusively growing clones this last year or so and not seen one hermie.
Seeds ain't for me anymore but I know they work for others.

Cork144

Had my heart broke by a hermie too many times.
I used for fems for years with no worries.
I was one of them who would go around the forum hailing the fems when the thread was one of hate for fems.

But then for reasons unknown I started getting hermies regularly. Not just nanas at the end but full blown pollen chucking sacks.
I lost 3 crops to them, one of them was my fault as only one plant caused the problem and I missed it. 1st I noticed the problem was seeing seeds in my buds at about 6 weeks of 12/12 but the other grows all plants hermied. I only grow 4 at a time.

As I said I'm pretty certain it wasn't my doing. I'm a creature of habit and have changed nothing about how I go about things or where I was doing them.

Ive been exclusively growing clones this last year or so and not seen one hermie.
Seeds ain't for me anymore but I know they work for others.

yea these wernt the odd little banana, these were ball clusters that made me feel inaquite with my equiptment ffs:laughing:

Easy7

Veteran
I wouldn't even mess with fems inside. Inside time is a open situation, so regs are easy to work with and cheaper. Fems are good for limited outdoor situations. Like having only so many and each a female. We just don't have the luxary of working many plants outdoors to use regs. Not yet at least. Fems outside can be invested in more since they are very likely to give more back. Figure 40% of regs are male, that is a huge loss of work outside. Lot's of spots going without a harvest. Fems lower that to 10% loss or less. Cause I find fems have more mutations in general as well.

Easy7

Veteran
Lot's, ton's of chem lineage in seed. I'd never expect to find a clone only reprint in a seed, ever. Plenty of beans out there producing plants with lot's of character. Find your own clone only's. Something unique to your area. If ya really gotta have that clone only experience, find a cut.