What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Lounge : Growers Round Table Discussion Thread

jidoka

:bow: to slownickel one more time. I believed that top over bottom tissue test (or sap) will show you bullshit. But, on a cannabis plant, I saw tissue Mg at double Ca...and top Mg higher than bottom.

All of those pos, cocksucker, trying to sell you something assholes can fuck straight off.

The truth is if you ain’t got enough Ca in there from the get...that first cell that forms...then every “rule” goes out the window. And you ain’t gonna catch up period. You fuckin blew it so don’t try to justify to yourself and go on...fix the problem next time.

Every single time a cell forms you either have enough Ca...or you don’t. Get that right before you worry about another single thing.

Least that is my opinion :tiphat:

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
:bow: to slownickel one more time. I believed that top over bottom tissue test (or sap) will show you bullshit. But, on a cannabis plant, I saw tissue Mg at double Ca...and top Mg higher than bottom.

All of those pos, cocksucker, trying to sell you something assholes can fuck straight off.

The truth is if you ain’t got enough Ca in there from the get...that first cell that forms...then every “rule” goes out the window. And you ain’t gonna catch up period. You fuckin blew it so don’t try to justify to yourself and go on...fix the problem next time.

Every single time a cell forms you either have enough Ca...or you don’t. Get that right before you worry about another single thing.

Least that is my opinion :tiphat:

Thanks Doka,

Funny how folks come around. Wonder what that high Mg smoked like? Fireworks in your throat? Hahaha

jidoka

So after I don’t know how many yrs, 5+, my actual outdoor soil has opened up like peat. Time to find out how much Ca I got in there. But for sure O2 ain’t gonna be issue this yr.

jidoka

That first time you hook up the NOS bottle to your Beetle cause you wanna drag your rich friends Porsche. #dungbeetle

20sackzack

What's the difference between ppm 500 and ppm 700? And which one are you guys using?

Here's the most recent test I have on a 5 yard batch of soilless I mixed up. I must have gotten a chunk of boric acid in the sample or something

picture.php

The mix is 40% peat, 30% lava, 20% coco, 5% castings/compost and 5% fired clay called turface

I amended the 5 yards with 50lb bone meal, 10lb lime, 80lb gypsum, 25lb kelp, 10 oz mn, .83 oz zn, .8 oz cu and .495 oz boric acid

Following the formula that growingcrazy posted I came with a base saturation percentage of

Ca 80.3%
Mg 13.61%
K 4.25%
Na 1.8%

picture.php

picture.php

This is my first grow in this new room I just finished. Previous grows were in a tent using roots organic soil. I had pretty good results but got pm at the end everytime. Hoping things will go better with this new setup. Just wanted to share this here to get any criticism or advice you guys might have

Ps. Thanks to all of you who have been helping me out on insta already :tiphat:

GSWCali

Happy Sunday yall! I have 6 plants that just ended week 4 of flowering. Everything was going fine in the stretch but once they finished, things sort of took a 180.

For stretch I started with a NPKCaMg of 180-45-180-220-45 but adjusted it after a couple of days because it looked like I needed more P. I then raised P to about 70 and kept it at that for the first week of stretch.

The next solution I made was 160-70-250-220-50 and my plants loved it. Everything was chugging along so I kept these ratios for pretty much all of stretch.

Once stretch finished, I made the same solution because I thought since they were doing well why adjust.
Here is some pictures throughout stretch.
IMG_5583.jpg
IMG_5587.jpg
IMG_5591.jpg

As week 4 began, there seems to be a shift overnight. It started looking like a K deficiency was appearing and it got me thinking maybe at this stage of flowering, I can lower my N and Ca to help K uptake.
IMG_5603.jpg
That is what some of the bud sites were looking like with the NPK of 160-70-250-220-50

So I created another solution with the elemental PPMs of
N - 90
P - 70
K - 250
Ca - 160
Mg - 50
S - 78
Fe - 3.4
Mn - 1.5
B - 0.5
Cu -0.02
Zn - 1.3
Mo - 0.05

For this I used the following:
Calcium Nitrate
Potassium Nitrate
Potassium Sulfate
MKP
Magnesium Sulfate
Glycine Calcium
EDTA Copper, Zinc, Manganese,
Boric Acid
Sodium Molybdate

My pH and EC has always been on point. EC is always the same going in and out maybe plus or minus 0.1. With the above solution my final EC was 2.0. One plant seems to be affected the worse with pistils turning orange quickly, all the others are gradual getting affected but not as quick.
IMG_5654.jpg
IMG_5655.jpg
IMG_5658.jpg
IMG_5618.jpg
IMG_5621.jpg
IMG_5623.jpg

I have yet to flush this run and that is what I'm going to do firstly. These plants are in 10 gallon of pure coco. From the pictures, it looks like there are multiple lockouts going on. The symptoms are pointing all over the place and it's telling me my ratios are whack. I was thinking it could mainly be P that is deficient but maybe something with the micros is out of whack as well. I'm hoping I can get some insight on a NPK to go from here and hopefully be able to finish these plants to achieve some decent smoke.

This is my first run going with nutrition fully from salts and I'm impressed with the results so far, I had consistent good growth from seed to right after I flipped to flower. The amount I've learned is incredible and I can't wait to continue to grow this knowledge. I appreciate anyone taking time to read this! Thanks all!

GSWCali

Are the pots drying out properly or were you advancing feedings to keep on a schedule?

I don't really have a concrete schedule honestly. I make a 45 gallons batch and use it till its done but recently with these issues I have been dumping and restarting trying to tweak ratios to see if that helps.

With 10 gallon pots, I usually feed frequently, every 3hours or so during light cycle. I try to keep the coco moist for the most part. When you say drying out properly, would that be before it gets bone dry?

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Yeah- is it drinking everything you're giving it? Does it actually require those feeds to stay moist? My theory is salinity based...

GSWCali

Yeah- is it drinking everything you're giving it? Does it actually require those feeds to stay moist? My theory is salinity based...

Ahh ok. Yea it does require those feeds to stay moist. I use 1/4 plastic tubing to create a ring around the base and have holes cut. There is definitely some dry spots around the coco because of this. Ive learned my lesson for sure that 10 gallon of coco can be too much.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Yeah call up spectrum and ask for it by name.

The theory is that you're running so much salt all the time that you have a build up of residual sodium. And it's constantly hydrated so the ionic radius of the sodium is getting in the way of the elements you actually wanted. I think your calcium, potassium and phosphorus are all boned.

And this is just one idea. If any one wants to chime in- I'm just pitching an idea out there

GSWCali

Yeah call up spectrum and ask for it by name.

The theory is that you're running so much salt all the time that you have a build up of residual sodium. And it's constantly hydrated so the ionic radius of the sodium is getting in the way of the elements you actually wanted. I think your calcium, potassium and phosphorus are all boned.

And this is just one idea. If any one wants to chime in- I'm just pitching an idea out there

Thanks bsgospel. Your theory seems pretty sound honestly. I appreciate your insight. With the spectrum test and results, this is the best way to go from here and adjust a blend according to those results?