What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RIP Vic High

Americangrower

Veteran
We have lost another legend. KaKa on IG posted it today. Vic has passed. News came from Vic's nephew. Very sad day. RIP brother.

mack 10

Veteran
rip.

he had some great knowledge,
remember him from Overgrow days
or was it pre OG?

time goes so quick.

billycw

Veteran
Vic was a constant source for both knowledge and entertainment in those early BCGA, OG and CW days. The boards were never the same after he left, Rip Vic High

:smoke out:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Vic was a constant source for both knowledge and entertainment in those early BCGA, OG and CW days. The boards were never the same after he left, Rip Vic High

:smoke out:

I agree billycw, Vic was a fountain of knowledge back in the day, and I even met him on one of my trips to Canada many years ago where I tried some Romberry and Killer Queen to much satisfaction.

RIP VIC.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Vic was the guy who outed Sam Skunkman's real life name on Overgrow and Cannabisworld all those years ago but I sure hope he RIP's anyhow, wherever he is.:tiphat:

Rondon

rip.

he had some great knowledge,
remember him from Overgrow days
or was it pre OG?

time goes so quick.

Nope..it was overgrow.com. That's where we all were back then. And ole Vic High was a regular there. Good times. Alot of info and genetics were passed around in those days...on that forum. The growing community was much smaller and highly illegal back then. I had already been growing indoors for a few years when overgrpw came online but I.was an early member and became a much better grower because of og. But yeah...Vic High man. Regardless of peoples opinions on the guy...he was a growers grower. And contributed alot. May he Rest In Peace.

CharlesU Farley

For those who weren't online back in the pre-overgrow days, this man established the very _first_ web based forum on cannabis, _ever_.

Stop and think about that for a second, he conceptualized and made real, a concept that had never been done before, and that you are using right now. Under considerable personal risk for his freedom, he took complicated cannabis botany info, made it understandable, and shared it with the world.

Glad to see Chimera posted, he too was around back then as was Mr. Soul from Bros Grimm, and OT1.

Indirectly, he was responsible for introducing me to Northern Lights and that's just one of the reasons I will always be in debt to him.

And if you are reading this, you are indebted to him as well, even though you don't realize it.

CharlesU Farley

I wrote this last month:

"Another invaluable resource in the late 90's was the website of the British Columbia Growers Association. Someone by the nym of Vic High established a website to bring together local people who were interested in growing, cultivating and developing cannabis.

It didn't stay local for long.

Soon people found out about it via adpc and fantastic information, as well as seeds, were doing the cross border shuffle. This of course drew the attention of law enforcement organizations (LEO) and soon they were sniffing around trying to identify who was doing what and where they were doing it. Lots of BC busts starting filtering down to the U.S. about the time overgrow, cannabisworld and other sites began gaining momentum.

In 1999, I decide to take a cruise to Alaska. I had heard about a place called the Blunt Brothers from the BCGA forum, so I made plans to visit. I walked into the store, lurked around for a while then went up to the counter and asked if he'd seen Vic High around. He gave me a wft look but someone else asked how I knew Vic. I told them via the BCGA site and I was hoping he could hook me up with some BC bud I'd heard so much about. The guy gave me a skeptical look, so I said, "Look, I didn't want to be the first dumbass American to get caught smuggling buds _into_ BC, so I didn't bring any of my own." He started laughing and told me where to go.

A couple of streets down, I go into a basement area of a store, ask "What do you have for sale?" and the guy uncovers a display area with different kinds of buds and hash. Holy f***ing moly! I'll take some Skunk, a couple of grams of hash and what was my second choice from Jock, Northern Lights."

This is one 4/20 I'll remember for the wrong reason, I could not have created SouthEast Lights without him.

prune

Veteran
Nope..it was overgrow.com. That's where we all were back then. And ole Vic High was a regular there. Good times. Alot of info and genetics were passed around in those days...on that forum. The growing community was much smaller and highly illegal back then. I had already been growing indoors for a few years when overgrpw came online but I.was an early member and became a much better grower because of og. But yeah...Vic High man. Regardless of peoples opinions on the guy...he was a growers grower. And contributed alot. May he Rest In Peace.

well, thanks for saying that cause I thought I was in the twilight zone here with all the accolades falling about...

Sticky Sat

Only suscribed to ICMag a few days ago but over the years I remember reading many great threads and posts from Vic High. From what I grabbed of these, I'm pretty sure he's higher than ever, teaching angels how to grow and breed...

Peace and love to all :)