What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Good luck for tomorrow gypsy

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Fuck yeah, chin up.

7 month's a drag, but to clear the case seems to be the goal here.

Fighting it will only risk heavy money and long time.

My best to you and wishing you the continued strength and courage
to complete the case.

eyes

Veteran
It's all looking a bit brighter lately. After some conversations with my court appointed federal public defender over the phone, it looks like the prosecutor in my case is amenable to give me some sort of deal with time served (30 months already) in the Philippines.....with potentially only 7 months jail time to do stateside if I plead guilty....I don't really have much in the way of assets/money any more, so hopefully we can come to an arrangement where I am not taxed at all, plus them agreeing not to go after my eldest son who was mentioned on the warrant ..

My extradition hearing/trial is on the 20th July.....but even if the Brit judge refuses to extradite me....it might be sensible to surrender myself to the feds (if I can make a good deal) because if this case is not resolved then I won't ever be able to return to my family and home in the Philippines, or travel outside the UK without the threat of being nabbed due to the interpol red notice which won't go away till my case has been cleared, so effectively I'll be marooned like Ben Gunn in 'Treasure Island' on the UK, if we cannot come to terms.

No firm deal has yet been made, but it does look like both sides are willing to negotiate to finally get this case sorted after 4 years of attrition already. 4 years of me being separated from my home and family life. 4 years of uncertainty.

There is always the option of taking it to trial in the US if I am extradited, and hoping that I get some canna-friendly jurors. But that could possibly put me at greater risk in getting a much-much longer sentence.

I wouldnt chance it with a federal grand jury-they always seem to win. If its state side, thats a whole different story. With the current climate of everyone leagalizing for medical or recereational, you just very well have a favorable outcome. YOU can argue the point that im sure has been touched upon already that you did 30 months of hard time in a rat infested prison already. Try arguing for time served, again. Im not in your shoes so i can only give advice and understand your position of getting back to your family. I met your kid in 06 when i stopped at your store back then. Good guy.

Yeah, it's ironic that a bullet salesman (ammunition) can sell bullets all day that end up killing people, yet that's ok with the feds...

But someone who distributes seeds that help heal people and make people happy is persecuted, prosecuted, and made to spend years in jail, ruining his business and family life...Where is the justice in that?

the real irony is the US Feds continue to jail folks for drugs and have since before the 60's been running guns and dope as we all know. Remember Iran Contra . Shit the feds and cia been running drugs into the US since before Vietnam. If you get a chance watch the 4 part mini series on the "History" channel. " Americas War on Drugs". What a travesty the US criminal justice system is.

Good luck with your hearing man.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
the real irony is the US Feds continue to jail folks for drugs and have since before the 60's been running guns and dope as we all know. Remember Iran Contra . Shit the feds and cia been running drugs into the US since before Vietnam. If you get a chance watch the 4 part mini series on the "History" channel. " Americas War on Drugs". What a travesty the US criminal justice system is. Good luck with your hearing man.

Jumpincactus that mini-series was so informational, we saw it all. Lots of info I was never aware of. You got it right brother..travesty.
Best wishes Gypsy...DD

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Many thanks for all your kind wishes and words ya'll....

Now lets see if the Judge gives me up to the feds, should know within 18 hours now.

No worries, I'll get thru this without anyone else getting hurt.

I'll be back, as soon as I can. Please keep the site on the up and up.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
good/bad i suppose...at least it wont be hanging over your head Damocles style...

fingers crossed,and way to man up and face it....thin comfort perhaps,but still far better then being a rotten spineless grass...

B

bigganjabud

I ask the mother earth that created us all to put the words

"NO FURTHER ACTION"

stay strong gyps you are an inspiration to us all man